• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
The 4-2 at Highbury was one of my favourite games ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhP9xAl4xng

Patrick Vieira was never the same after that handshake

AcmI8.png

Soi-Fong

But it's not sustainable. The real estate market crashed. Office spaces are left empty.

I read a report that the government has cut back on more spending and projects than about 10 other middle-eastern nations combined.

The UAE (and other Arab nations) won't be sustainable until they have people who can afford the luxuries on offer. But they don't educate their people and don't treat them as equals. Sure they're doing better now than they were 20 years ago - but it's mostly just good decor.

A mostly empy Burj Khalifa supports this statement.

dc89

This will surely anger dc a lil, but MCFC is more than likely feeding off Abu Dhabi's people and that cannot be helping them at all, but surely harming them.

I wonder if Sheikh Mansour is limited to just spend his own personal wealth on the club?

Fady K

Wow. My eyes deceive me. Inter played exceptionally well today to be fair. And that was without Sneijder. Away, at Juventus, Andrea is a great coach. Juve will probably eat us up when we visit them though.

Get in on the betting game just like Meus, win a lot and buy us all plain tickets to Abu Dhabi. Foolproof plan

Betting sucks man, it is too risky :p

Fady Is a advertising and PR executive! Where do you think I learned my skills? I was taught by the best.

<3 <3 <3 I'd learn just as much from your awesome skills bro!

FoodGAF should like my latest Instagram photo of my dinner tonight. Obviously I'm back now.

In the last Inside City they showed quite a bit if Abu Dhabi. Javi Garcia was over there working on his fitness and doing some coaching with kids. He took a dip in the sea to cool off. The place looks stunning, I'm genuinely jealous of Fady, he lives in what appears to be a wonderful to country.

It is a very beautiful - and especially peaceful - city bro. I think you would love it here if you can visit. I am very lucky to be here myself as the majority of my years were spent here due to my dad working here. The rest was down to me working here after graduating. A lot of people bash it but it is really doing pretty well for such a young nation, and it is improving as a city.The rulers are trying hard to advertise the city.

Can't wait to see it when all the oil dries up. :)

A bit OT, but this is why I want Obama to win as well so we get away from dependence on oil.

The City is now far from dependable on oil by the way.

Guys, is anyone impressed with Nastasic. I am, for a 19 year old he's incredibly composed and calm on the ball and he has bags of potential. He's played well every time I've watched him now and he's played in big games too! Real Madrid was a baptism of fire and he played well that game.

He's deserving his place at the moment and I'm glad we shipped off Savic who had potential but he just wasn't good enough. This guy is much better, I'm confident with him in the team.

I agree. I really like him and I think he fit in very well. Definitely - DEFINITELY - an improvement over Savic. And in all honesty he is a good player in his own right.

The Grand Mosque, Yas Island, Emirates Palace and a fuck load of shopping malls. I can confirm it is a nice place.

I forgot that you visited AD Gareth! Have you visited it recently?

If I ever visit Abu Dhabi, I'll make sure to bring my United shirt. lol

Do you think you would stand out if you did? Not in the slightest. This country is OVERFLOWING with Manchester United fans. Heck, we have an official Manchester United Soccer School here too ;D

You say short term, but they've done a decent job of creating a sustainable tourism industry from pretty much nothing.

This.

Zabojnik

We lost the only match we shouldn't have, but I'm not even mad. I just want to thank all the guys for this amazing, amazing undefeated run. 49 fucking matches! Legends all!

Now let's get our shit together and smash Nordsomething!

Fady K

Hmmm....Viva, Dc - i think there are some good things to add about Abu Dhabi; as I have to head off to bed now, I'll head back tomorrow with some posts and share with you what I know.

Cuddler

Congratulations to Inter. I only saw the second half, but apparently they played better than us, so congratulation. Juventus needs to wake up, Vidal lost the ball for the second goal, Marchisio for the third, certanly we aren't in a really good physical condition. We are not going to win Serie A easily, they need to do the same as last year or we are going to lose. That's unfortunate that we lost against Inter but is not the end of the world. Now we need to concentrare for the Champions League match because we need to win. We still have a lot of other matches in Serie A and we still have 1 point more than Inter. Nothing is lost!

dc89

We lost the only match we shouldn't have, but I'm not even mad. I just want to thank all the guys for this amazing, amazing undefeated run. 49 fucking matches! Legends all!

FORZA JUVE. FORZA POGTRAYER.

Wilbur

Banned

It is a phenomenal run. Hopefully you don't do an Arsenal. FORZA Juve!!!!

But it's not sustainable. The real estate market crashed. Office spaces are left empty.

I read a report that the government has cut back on more spending and projects than about 10 other middle-eastern nations combined.

The UAE (and other Arab nations) won't be sustainable until they have people who can afford the luxuries on offer. But they don't educate their people and don't treat them as equals. Sure they're doing better now than they were 20 years ago - but it's mostly just good decor.

I think the tourism industry probably is. I don't know about the real estate market in Abu Dhabi, but it got pretty bad in Dubai. I'm willing to bet that the property market their was a lot bigger though. You might be right that they could do more for their own people in terms of wealth distribution. I think Sheikh Khalifa does quite a bit outside of Abu Dhabi though. And there are no taxes remember.

Viva is more knowledgable than me, so I have to trust what he says.

But I think people can't honestly say "all they have is oil".

I think a more correct statement would be "everything they have is a result of oil".

I forgot that you visited AD Gareth! Have you visited it recently?.

Nope not recently. I try to keep up to speed with what's going on there . My family have a house in Dubai, but we've had long-term tenants for a while now.

City have scored less goals than Fulham and Everton so far this season - surprising.

Not sure how to judge City. They've not been at it but they're only 2 points behind us. But then they've had an easier run of games until now so maybe they will drop points in tougher fixtures.

It's hard to tell. They do look disjointed though. I think Mancini is tinkering a bit too much.

dc89

City have scored less goals than Fulham and Everton so far this season - surprising.

Not sure how to judge City. They've not been at it but they're only 2 points behind us. But then they've had an easier run of games until now so maybe they will drop points in tougher fixtures.

It's hard to tell. They do look disjointed though. I think Mancini is tinkering a bit too much.

He's making Soriano's decision easier and easier IMO. Which is a shame, I can't understand why he'd want to effectively fire himself.

He's making Soriano's decision easier and easier IMO. Which is a shame, I can't understand why he'd want to effectively fire himself.

1) He'd get a ridiculous severance package
2) Some newly rich mugs would look at his wikipedia managerial honours and give him a massive contract without realising that he's really only achieved the bare minimum since he left Lazio

Wilbur

Banned
On the subject of Inter being a South American squad, United played 5 English players today, 6 British. Happy with that, even if our national team eats shit we still have a British core. With Smalling, Jones, Scholes, Giggs and Welbeck as well... nice to see.

On the subject of Inter being a South American squad, United played 5 English players today, 6 British. Happy with that, even if our national team eats shit we still have a British core. With Smalling, Jones, Scholes, Giggs and Welbeck as well... nice to see.

Johnson
Gerrard
Allen
Shelvey
Henderson
Sterling

Aside from Gerrard and Henderson, they've been among our better performers so far

dc89

:lololol

Are City fans (or just you) pissed he was looking at other clubs in the summer?

I'm not bothered by that really! I just think with all the tinkering, the poor European performances against Dortmund and Ajax and the slagging off of #BasedMarwood he may be walking on thinner ice.

Wes

venison crêpe
Something very disconcerting about getting your first away win since January and feeling disappointed because you don't gain any places in the league and remain 17th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom