• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

The Mirror say Klaas Jan Huntelaar will reject his contract offer and B-Rod will bid £6m in Jan. Oh please please please please.

MPW

100 wins for Mourinho at madrid

he did it faster than anyone

hope he sticks around for another 100!

great to see essien get a goal today

Arnie

Can you bring back Carroll for tomorrow? Man, he was hilarious in the fixture last season!

Thankfully not.

Couldn't handle Carroll huffing and puffing about the place after missing four clear cut chances and blaming the pitch. Must win game for both teams tomorrow.

Fry

The Mirror say Klaas Jan Huntelaar will reject his contract offer and B-Rod will bid £6m in Jan. Oh please please please please.

The Mirror? :/

Schalke are doing very well, it's hard to believe he would reject his contract.

Here's hoping tho.

I know :( I was so excited when I saw he was joining us! I stayed up all night hoping the deal would go through!

He couldn't possibly flop with Hazard/Oscar/Mata with him. He could actually beat a player and finish. That is all we need!

Cahill is going to overtake him by the end of the season.....

:lol

Fintan

Ramires has scored more goals for Chelsea than Torres :lol
Ramires has been fantastic. I remember him getting a lot of criticism when he first joined, but he's been one of the best players for a while now. Scored some crucial goals, too. Against Barcelona and in the FA Cup final, for example.

K1LLER7

So... Looks like Evra's been decent this season. Maybe getting in another LB has given him a bit of a kick up the arse.

Ivanovic at CB? Nooo! He was surprisingly solid today, but hes best at right back.

He is better than Luiz. Just give him freedom to attack as long as Mikel or who ever is playing CM tracks back properly. I just don't see any reason to buy Azilpecueta otherwise. Also no idea if I am spelling that right :lol

Arnie

Giroud heading it into row Z was a highlight.
Agree. A friend of mine was just bigging up his aerial ability when it happened.
I heard CSKA were interested. If so, then they would bid significantly more than £6m.
It's his final footballing career move, depends if he wants to spend his last good years in Russia.

Doesn't mean he'd want to come to Liverpool either, though.

Agree. A friend of mine was just bigging up his aerial ability when it happened.

It's his final footballing career move, depends if he wants to spend his last good years in Russia.

Doesn't mean he'd want to come to Liverpool either, though.

At least he would get some Champions League action at CSKA :p

Is Huntelaar's contract up at the end of the season?

Chelsea should be interested. Not a superstar but he'd put the chances away, NQAT.

Yen

Please, oh please. I'll take Walcott on the cheap too.

We should spend/use all this money saved on wages lately on signing KJH, Walcott and Holtby in Jan. All coming to the end of their contracts. Of course, we'll sign none of them.

Arnie

At least he would get some Champions League action at CSKA :p

True, but from a footballing perspective it's not the most enticing prospect. Everyone was jizzing over Anzhi it had me seriously thinking we were going to get hammered, and we strolled through them.

He couldn't possibly flop with Hazard/Oscar/Mata with him. He could actually beat a player and finish. That is all we need!

In the Brazillian league. Lets not forget that. Every time I've seen him play he has looked very easy to frustrate and with a crazy amount of dumb choices where his ego and greed was in the way, he looks good in a youtube compilation when 1 out of 10 dribbles he tries are successful and looks great, but the other 9 where he loses the ball completely unnecessary I don't see any top managers in Europe putting up with.

Arnie

We should spend/use all this money saved on wages lately on signing KJH, Walcott and Holtby in Jan. All coming to the end of their contracts. Of course, we'll sign none of them.

I think we'll make a serious attempt for at least one of them. Like you say, we've saved a shitload of money on wages, if we manage to cut Cole loose then we'll save even more. Offer Huntelaar a sweet wage packet and the chance to play in England.

In the Brazillian league. Lets not forget that. Every time I've seen him play he has looked very easy to frustrate and with a crazy amount of dumb choices where his ego and greed was in the way, he looks good in a youtube compilation when 1 out of 10 dribbles he tries are successful and looks great, but the other 9 where he loses the ball completely unnecessary I don't see any top managers in Europe putting up with.

If we don't get Falcao who is left?
also do you want to play FIFA 1v1?

Well I would much rather have Cavani too. But that is why we gotta get Falcao. ;)
I'm making dinner (at this time yes. :p)

I just don't see Cavani leaving as much as I do Falcao. Neymar has to move eventually and I fucking hope he comes to us. With Luiz/Ramires/Oscar/Piazon, we just seem the perfect club for him. Plus we will need another cunt when Terry leaves.

True, but from a footballing perspective it's not the most enticing prospect. Everyone was jizzing over Anzhi it had me seriously thinking we were going to get hammered, and we strolled through them.

Anzhi's squad isn't very deep. Playing two games a week was always going to catch up to them. I really doubt they'll be able to finish in a Champion's League spot this season.

They did look really limp against Liverpool. But you know that excuse that people use about the long trip to Russia? The trip is just as long the other way.

I still think though, that Anzhi will be significantly harder for Liverpool in the upcoming "home" leg.

But back to CSKA though, they have a much better squad than Anzhi. Lots of attacking talent with Doumbia, Honda, Dzagoev, Tosic and solid at the back with Russia's starting CBs and keeper.

MPW

I just don't see Cavani leaving as much as I do Falcao. Neymar has to move eventually and I fucking hope he comes to us. With Luiz/Ramires/Oscar/Piazon, we just seem the perfect club for him. Plus we will need another cunt when Terry leaves.

neymar is going to barca, he even hinted he would like to play with messi

barca already made 10m payment

Neymar is going to Barcelona.

Why are you guys even talking about him going to Chelsea.

Why anyone would want to join a two team league is beyond me. The only reason to join is money and wanting to play with Messi/Ronaldo? I just would want to join a competitive league.

neymar is going to barca, he even hinted he would like to play with messi

barca already made 10m payment

I will keep hope till it happens.
you have made me sad now :/

Yen

Anzhi's squad isn't very deep. Playing two games a week was always going to catch up to them. I really doubt they'll be able to finish in a Champion's League spot this season.

They did look really limp against Liverpool. But you know that excuse that people use about the long trip to Russia? The trip is just as long the other way.

I still think though, that Anzhi will be significantly harder for Liverpool in the upcoming "home" leg.

But back to CSKA though, they have a much better squad than Anzhi.
Since we're top of the group, we'll just send the kids to Russia. We only need to beat Young Boys at home and we're grand.

MPW

Why anyone would want to join a two team league is beyond me. The only reason to join is money and wanting to play with Messi/Ronaldo? I just would want to join a competitive league.

better weather + hotter girls :D :p

plus, better chance of winning silverware at barca/madrid than say spurs/arsenal

i watched spurs play today for the first time this season, why did bale change his # to 11? and he is basically an attacking LW these days? also, AVB is not popular at white hart lane looks like

The prestige of playing for Real Madrid, and the appeal of joining the best club side (arguably in the history of the sport) whilst Barca can still make that claim.

better weather + hotter girls :D :p

plus, better chance of winning silverware

I guess. I just don't see how he wouldn't have just as good a chance of winning silverware at Chelsea.

The prestige of playing for Real Madrid, and the appeal of joining the best club side (arguably in the history of the sport) whilst Barca can still make that claim.

I think some of the attraction is Pep/Mourinho and Pep is gone and Mourinho can't be far off.

I guess. I just don't see how he wouldn't have just as good a chance of winning silverware at Chelsea.
Who do you think will win more trophies over the next 5 years?

Chelsea or Barca?

Simple as that really.

And there are alot more reasons to be signing for Barca too. 1) Playing style 2) Personnel 3) Weather/Climate/Lifestyle 4) Club history and tradition.

Not that Chelsea is a weak club. It's just pretty obv. why people want to go to Barcelona.

Since we're top of the group, we'll just send the kids to Russia. We only need to beat Young Boys at home and we're grand.

Nah, if you lose away to both Anzhi and Udinese you'll likely finish third in the group. Plus, this is the exact same attitude that got the Spurs knocked out of the Europa League last year.

K1LLER7

Has he? I mean he's scored a few goals but he is still all over the place defensively.
It's a improvement from last season. He's not back to his best, but he's improving slowly. He's been good the past couple of games now. Just hope he can keep it going consistently.

He was shit to start the season. He's been decent the last couple of games. He still has a lot to prove.
He didn't have the best of starts but since the Fulham game he's been improving.

Premature,

What position does Hazard play in? I'd love to see him more behind Torres, but whenever I watch him play, he seems to cut in from the left midfield

bud

I heard CSKA were interested. If so, then they would bid significantly more than £6m.

i doubt he'd want to go russia; going to russia would surely put a dent in whatever chance he has left at being oranje's first striker (if van gaal is sane, he'll choose rvp over him). besides, i think most players would rather play in the premier league than in russia.

Who do you think will win more trophies over the next 5 years?

Chelsea or Barca?

Simple as that really.

And there are alot more reasons to be signing for Barca too. 1) Playing style 2) Personnel 3) Weather/Climate/Lifestyle 4) Club history and tradition.

We are trying to change our playing style to the Barca style to be fair. The rest you are right I guess. I think he would have a better chance of becoming a Club Legend at Chelsea than Barca/Madrid.

I hope we win the league this year just to entice some more high caliber players to our club.

Premature,

What position does Hazard play in? I'd love to see him more behind Torres, but whenever I watch him play, he seems to cut in from the left midfield

I think he is Left. Mata in the middle and Oscar on the right. They all switch about so it is hard to keep track of :lol I just think Mata has had such an incredible start to the season that moving him for Hazard would be silly. Hazard has done so far coming in from wide areas.

edit : shit I knew I should of edited that in!

i doubt he'd want to go russia; going to russia would surely put a dent in whatever chance he has left at being oranje's first striker (if van gaal is sane, he'll choose rvp over him). besides, i think most players would rather play in the premier league than in russia.

If only that were true of Hulk *cries*

Messi

You are being quite harsh on Real Madrid. We are at least a 3 team league. :p

Spanish league plays to his strengths and style of football.

Timurid

LOL JUVE LOSE TO SHIT INTER HAHAHAHA
Now my weekend would be awesome if Toro wins against partenopei tomarrow I would be a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom