• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I feel like we're in a time warp and Robinho's about to move to Europe again.

I hope we get him, he's got huge potential unfulfilled at Madrid innit

Cavani is world class? In which Star Trek series?

Cavani is in the tier just below world class striker. Falcao, RVP, Messi, Ibra and Ronaldo are the only world class ones if you ask me. Maybe Rooney depending on form. Cavani, Suarez, Lewandowski, Villa (injuries have demoted him for now, was up there before)... all just below.

Neymar is one or two below that until he proves himself somewhere harder.

Kyoufu

Neymar is pretty beast mode on an international level tbh. That's how I know he has the skills to pay those bills in other leagues.

Cavani is world class? In which Star Trek series?

I like you.

Cavani is in the tier just below world class striker. Falcao, RVP, Messi, Ibra and Ronaldo are the only world class ones if you ask me. Cavani, Suarez, Lewandowski, Villa (injuries have demoted him for now, was up there before)... all just below.

Neymar is one or two below that until he proves himself somewhere harder.

That is what I was saying. He is not world class. Neymar has all the attributes to become World Class.

Messi

I was feeling a bit shit about putting on a few pounds in the past few weeks so I took a quick trip into my facebook photos from 2009/10. Now I don't feel so bad. Sure I need to work on losing the few pounds again. But seeing myself at 360 pounds in those pictures made me realize that it could be a lot worse.

Kyoufu

I was feeling a bit shit about putting on a few pounds in the past few weeks so I took a quick trip into my facebook photos from 2009/10. Now I don't feel so bad. Sure I need to work on losing the few pounds again. But seeing myself at 360 pounds in those pictures made me realize that it could be a lot worse.

You were 25 stones? Holy fuck. How much did you lose since?

Wilbur

Banned
Neymar is pretty beast mode on an international level tbh. That's how I know he has the skills to pay those bills in other leagues.

Eh... he was good at the Olympics against a bunch of young teams. Doesn't mean he's proved himself yet.

I like you.

That is what I was saying. He is not world class. Neymar has all the attributes to become World Class.

Except Cavani has proven himself in a tough league and in Europe, whereas Neymar hasn't. If you're Barca and Messi's going to score fuckloads anyway, you can take a risk on Neymar. If you're Chelsea and you need someone to replace Torres, I don't think it's a risk worth taking considering the price.

But fuck it, when have Chelsea shown consideration for money before?

From what I've seen you've done amazingly well!

Fry

These dudes know nothing, trust me. He's much more than a talented trickster. He's a proven clinical finisher, free-kick taker, good passer, etc. Not to mention his obvious incredible dribbling skills.

I find it funny that Neymar will surely flop in Europe but you guys were certainly looking forward to see Lucas Moura (Powell future!) in a Man Utd shirt, a player you'd all seen, known less about before he got linked to european clubs. And is also less regarded than Neymar.

Rouh

GETTIN MAH JUNIOR ON
I always laugh (and always laughed) at the people who say that La Liga is a 2 team league -with disdain and by that trying to put down the other teams-
Guess what, it's normal that when you have the 2 best teams in the world, they will destroy nearly everyone. And guess what, if they were in any other league, it would be the same situation (in quasi)-all the time. However, the spanish teams are still better than most of the teams in other leagues (see the spanish teams positions in the CL, without even considering Athletico Madrid or Bilbao).

It's just that Barça/Real are consistent at being at the top

(By the same manner, the PL is a one team championship, MU having won 12 of the last 20 titles)

And GL Messi! don't put yourself down!

I don't question Neymar's ability. I think he's the real deal, I do however question his temperament. He needs to mature to be truly great.

Wilbur

Banned
These dudes know nothing, trust me. He's much more than a talented trickster. He's a proven clinical finisher, free-kick taker, good passer, etc. Not to mention his obvious incredible dribbling skills.

I find it funny that Neymar will surely flop in Europe but you guys were certainly looking forward to see Lucas Moura (Powell future!) in a Man Utd shirt, a player you'd all seen, known less about before he got linked to european clubs. And is also less regarded than Neymar.

I wasn't. I didn't want Moura for the same reasons I'd rather have Cavani over Neymar.

elsk

Banned
Hey guys. Just a round up of what happened so far in my absence:

1) Anderson made 3 assists.
2) Walcott scored 3 goals, and assisted.
3) Juve lost a match

Anything else? I broke the world.

ibhEQ4MuiWPPEU.png

(in Honduras) Rolin Peña: "Football is already dead"

1) Eredivisie
2) La Liga

"..."

Y U DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL?

Kyoufu

I don't question Neymar's ability. I think he's the real deal, I do however question his temperament. He needs to mature to be truly great.

He's only 20 and mature footballers are really boring. Messi is godlike but has the personality of a snail.

I want more characters! More egos!

FootballFan

Neymar's a talented trickster in a poor league.

So was Oscar. And Hazard. Lucas. And many others.

He has 100 goals already for Santos in 200 games lol. 1 goal every 2 games for Brazil too. There is no doubt he is talented and definitely not Robinho 2.0.

Would he be getting those statistics in Europe? No probably not, but he wouldn't even be close to a flop either imo. He is a much better team player/passer than people seem to think.

He's only 20 and mature footballers are really boring. Messi is godlike but has the personality of a snail.

I want more characters! More egos!

I don't really get what you're trying to say. Ben Arfa had the same problem when he first joined, his ability is unquestionable but he needed to be left out and taken down a peg or two by Pardew before he really started to play.

Messi

You were 25 stones? Holy fuck. How much did you lose since?

I was 364 pounds at the peak. 26 stone. Currently 252 pounds, so down 112 pounds. I am 18 stone currently.

Heres 2 pictures you never asked for :p

Me at 26 stone (364 pounds for you us peeps) im on the left obviously :p
4hOHV.jpg

This is the most recent picture of me, about two months ago, 18 stone (252 pounds)
YD4Xpl.jpg

His right arm looks like the Hulks, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I am a lefty. But it gets a big workout.

Kyoufu

I don't really get what you're trying to say. Ben Arfa had the same problem when he first joined, his ability is unquestionable but he needed to be left out and taken down a peg or two by Pardew before he really started to play.

No. Ben Arfa's problem was that he was recovering from a broken leg. Took him some time but he found his feet again.

K1LLER7

Legendary is quite hard imo, good job.

I play on professional with Ajax and got some pretty smooth sailing there. I whiped Real Madrid's ass in the CL with Ajax. I might wanna switch to world class :p

I care for my own league!!

/Juanpablo
It was kinda hard at the start but then, I signed Gundagon and swapped Nani + 10m (or so), for Neymar.

Thinking of going to a lower star team. Wolfsburg want me so I might go there.

No. Ben Arfa's problem was that he was recovering from a broken leg. Took him some time but he found his feet again.

Disagree. I think there's a noticeable difference in his style of play, he's works for the team now, initially he only played for himself.

Kyoufu

Disagree. I think there's a noticeable difference in his style of play, he's works for the team now, initially he only played for himself.

Actually, yes you're right, but have you seen Neymar play? He definitely plays for his team too. That's why he's a success on an international level as well as for Santos.

Wilbur

Banned
So was Oscar. And Hazard. Lucas. And many others.

He has 100 goals already for Santos in 200 games lol. 1 goal every 2 games for Brazil too. There is no doubt he is talented and definitely not Robinho 2.0.

Would he be getting those statistics in Europe? No probably not, but he wouldn't even be close to a flop either imo. He is a much better team player/passer than people seem to think.

Firstly, I don't think Hazard was in a poor league really. The French league is good, just not brilliant. Secondly, I didn't want Moura. Thirdly, Oscar didn't cost £50m which is what Neymar would be.

I guess for teams with that money to spend and consider it a low risk if they fail - so Chelsea - then it might be worth a punt, but given the choice between Cavani and Neymar for United when taking their prices and experience up until now, I'd go for Cavani.

K1LLER7

I was 364 pounds at the peak. 26 stone. Currently 252 pounds, so down 112 pounds. I am 18 stone currently.

Heres 2 pictures you never asked for :p

Me at 26 stone (364 pounds for you us peeps) im on the left obviously :p
4hOHV.jpg

This is the most recent picture of me, about two months ago, 18 stone (252 pounds)
YD4Xpl.jpg

Yeah, I am a lefty. But it gets a big workout.
Congrats man, It can be hard to lose weight but you lost quite a lot so good work :D

Plus I'm jealous you got to watch Barca at the Nou Camp :p

Dibbz

If the offers for Walcott are less than 10m, I say keep him until the end of the season. The squad is short enough as it is. If a 10m offer comes in, sell sell sell and buy a fucking winger. Or a midfielder. Or a left back. Or a striker. Fucking anything.

You missed out keeper. Playing 3rd and 4th choice is not doing us any good.

I think the only person saying he'll be a flop is Wooden.

I was out last night for a mate's 21st. Not sure what happened but all through the day my entire tongue has been totally numb. Got a Chinese in earlier and couldn't taste it at all :(

FootballFan

Firstly, I don't think Hazard was in a poor league really. The French league is good, just not brilliant. Secondly, I didn't want Moura. Thirdly, Oscar didn't cost £50m which is what Neymar would be.

I guess for teams with that money to spend and consider it a low risk if they fail - so Chelsea - then it might be worth a punt, but given the choice between Cavani and Neymar for United when taking their prices and experience up until now, I'd go for Cavani.

Firstly, imo the Brazilian league is on par with the French one, good, not brilliant. Secondly, you didn't but many United fans did want Lucas.

Thirdly, Oscar didn't cost 50m because he didn't do anything to be worth that much, unlike Neymar, who is a year younger. (I think Neymar will end up costing 40mil or so, 15 mil more than Oscar)

:p

Anyways though I was just discussing Neymar, whether you want Cavani or Neymar it really depends, different sort of players. Cavani is damn good. Just below Falcao for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom