• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

United are basically the same team as last season, except in attack. Our defence is still leaky and our midfield gets overrun too easily.

RVP has changed us as there is now a belief that we can outscore our opponents even if they put a few goals on us. Last season we never won after going a goal behind. We've done it five or six times this season already. Tottenham is the only exception to that but I feel we should have won that match. We had more then enough chances to.I have high hopes that Kagawa will adapt and add another strong attacker to the first team.

And who knows, maybe Anderson will finally come good?

PJX

What is Lucas coming back going to solve if Gerrard is the weak link?

Lucas Allen Sahin sounds good but there's no way Rodgers will leave Gerrard out. He hasn't even subbed him once this season.

And that seems to be a big problem for managers who come to Liverpool. They seem to be afraid of Gerrard, it's been far too long since he has inspired the team to a comeback. If anyone notice when the opposing team goes on the attack, Gerrard is casually walking around the field.

Since no one answered my question about him still being captain, I think its about time he passed that role to someone else if he isn't up to motivating the team.

United are basically the same team as last season, except in attack. Our defence is still leaky and our midfield gets overrun too easily.

RVP has us as there is now a belief that we can outscore our opponents even if they put a few goals on us. Last season we never won after going a goal behind. We've done it five or six times this season already. Tottenham is the only exception to that but I feel we should have won that match. We had more then enough chances to.I have high hopes that Kagawa will adapt and add another strong attacker to the first team.

RVP missed a really ease chance in that Spurs game too :(

Wilbur

Banned

RVP has us as there is now a belief that we can outscore our opponents even if they put a few goals on us. Last season we never won after going a goal behind. We've done it five or six times this season already. Tottenham is the only exception to that but I feel we should have won that match. We had more then enough chances to.I have high hopes that Kagawa will adapt and add another strong attacker to the first team.

Should have won Spurs, don't know how we didn't score a third in the second half, that was just ludicrous.

Anderson shows enough for me to think he could be great but he does it so sparsely that I just don't know...

And that seems to be a big problem for managers who come to Liverpool. They seem to be afraid of Gerrard, it's been far too long since he has inspired the team to a comeback. If anyone notice when the opposing team goes on the attack, Gerrard is casually walking around the field.

Since no one answered my question about him still being captain, I think its about time he passed that role to someone else if he isn't up to motivating the team.
But who? Skrtel? Agger?

LegoArmo

Anderson's better off starting games and being subbed when he gets tired. He's by far the most creative midfielder United have, and he's fast while he has the breath...

Wilbur

Banned

11 goals in 13 games is better than I ever could have hoped for with him so far. Arguably he should have scored that chance and the one against Arsenal and had 13 in 13, but I'm fucking delighted with him. I think I was the biggest naysayer against the transfer, but he's been worth every penny so far. Just hope that if we sell Nani, we have enough in the kitty to replace him and bring in a CM and CB.

Wilbur

Banned
But who? Skrtel? Agger?

Sterling. He's proven he can deal with responsibility. Otherwise he'd wear a condom.

Anderson's better off starting games and being subbed when he gets tired. He's by far the most creative midfielder United have, and he's fast while he has the breath...

Anderson until 60 and Scholes for the next half hour would be good for me, Scholes looks class against tiring teams.

Clegg

He did.

But imo he's a better player for us now than he was a month ago.

He's settled into the side and has started linking up with our players. The more he's settled in, the better we'll play as a result.

Still can't believe we've actually signed him.

rodvik

I noticed that today. Even when in possession his positioning was slow and poor to receive the ball.

Wilbur

Banned
He did.

But imo he's a better player for us now than he was a month ago.

He's settled into the side and has started linking up with our players. Still can't believe we've actually signed him.

Really want to see more of him and Kagawa together. Like I said, a rotating RVP/Rooney on the left and up top with Shinji behind would delight me if we're sticking with wide players.

PaulLFC

Brilliant finish from Suarez, that seemed to wake everyone in the ground up a bit, the atmosphere was awful before that, has been for weeks to be honest. A couple of fellas in the rows behind trying to get songs going, most people weren't interested. Not until we scored anyway.

What a goal though. I think if we can get a goalscorer in in January we should see things pick up, we don't have a bad squad, just needs a few additions.

Oh and...

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen
Most of you seem certain that it was a red card. Didn't look like it to me. Let's see the replay shortly. Not having that at all. He didn't touch him and to say there was intent is laughable. Let me tell you, he kicks a moving ball a thousand times a day and doesn't miss it once. If he wanted to connect with a standing leg then he wouldn't of missed. He pulls out at the last minute and doesn't touch him. Not having that's a red at all.

1352051200860.gif

Fuck off Michael.

Clegg

Really want to see more of him and Kagawa together. Like I said, a rotating RVP/Rooney on the left and up top with Shinji behind would delight me if we're sticking with wide players.

We could also afford to rest one of RVP or Rooney and still have a world class striker on the pitch. Hernandez is in good form so we could see a few goals from him too. And then Kagawa could play the number 10 role which Rooney prefers.

Kenka

BundesliGAF, when can I see more of Antonio Rüdiger ? That youngster was once thought to be the second coming of Moses to lead the Germans to the World Cup finals.

Kyoufu

Brilliant finish from Suarez, that seemed to wake everyone in the ground up a bit, the atmosphere was awful before that, has been for weeks to be honest. A couple of fellas in the rows behind trying to get songs going, most people weren't interested. Not until we scored anyway.

What a goal though. I think if we can get a goalscorer in in January we should see things pick up, we don't have a bad squad, just needs a few additions.

Oh and...

1352051200860.gif

Fuck off Michael.

But he's right. If Colo wanted to hurt Suarez, he would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom