• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I envisage a scene whereby Arnie's courtship goes so well that his prey ends up finger banging herself in the wrong hole, so mystified is she by Arnie's gyrating simulacra. It's no surprise to me that this scene also contains Wilbury dressed as a commodore 64 barking prurient orders via his tape deck.

It's been a long day. Apologies for the interruption.

I love winter. Afer dark starts at 7

Wilbur

Banned
Since most of Footy-GAF is in the UK and supporting Obama, I thought you guys might appreciate this piece my brother wrote: http://www.avidly.org/2012/11/05/major-doma/. It really hit me hard, made me tear up a bit even towards the end. Fortunately I have my own office and the door was closed!

Fantastic piece of writing, honestly.

I genuinely think Romney is going to win the election.

I fucking hope not. I'm more scared than I should be it's gonna happen.

Mastadon

Banned
Last time I checked Gallup had it basically tied.

Has something changed since then?

I genuinely hope it has.

Nationally, sure, but in terms of electoral college votes it's hard to see a path to a Romney victory. Obama is ahead in almost every swing state, and pulling away in most.

Hurricane Sandy really helped him.

Wilbur

Banned
The national poll doesn't matter, look at the swing states, its almost a lock for Obama.

I went for Obama to win 293 electorate votes and Romney to win 245. BBC have a sweet little state predictor thing.

I genuinely laughed.

And, yes, I have read the Lemony Snicket books. Well most of them. They got very fucking dull.

But what was your answer to number 48?

Clegg

I'm a bit embarrassed about my lack of knowledge of US politics. I study politics in Uni as my minor but my focus is on Irish and EU politics.

I know very little about how US politics works.

Hell yeah, motherfucker

080st.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I'm a bit embarrassed about my lack of knowledge of US politics. I study politics in Uni as my minor but my focus is on Irish and EU politics.

I know very little about how US politics works.

I don't really understand everything, the voting system and whatnot. But I enjoy the fuck out of it, far more than British politics.

Bo-Locks

Since most of Footy-GAF is in the UK and supporting Obama, I thought you guys might appreciate this piece my brother wrote: http://www.avidly.org/2012/11/05/major-doma/. It really hit me hard, made me tear up a bit even towards the end. Fortunately I have my own office and the door was closed!

Very well written piece. Objective, personal, and very moving, hopefully thought provoking and moving enough for some of those entrenched in DOMA's doctrine to reconsider their position. I go through US border control with my SO quite often and being separated like that must be humiliating to say the least.

At least now I feel a little better about voting Democrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom