• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Hope his sister gets out of this okay. Wilson Palacios never did recover from the kidnapping and murder of his baby bro. :(

Meier

Yup. She was taken 4 hours ago. She was standing in front of a restaurant.

Brazillllllllll! :(

This seems like a relatively common problem in many South and Central American countries. I'm surprised that more incredibly wealth athletes don't make an effort to move their families away once they have the means. Very sad stuff.

K1LLER7

Both teams to score:

AC v Malaga
Anderlecht v Zenit
Kiev v Porto
City v Ajax
Olympiakos v Montpellier
Madrid v Dortmund
Arsenal v Schalke
Benfica v Spartak
Cluj v Galatasary

What you guys think?

Fry

This seems like a relatively common problem in many South and Central American countries. I'm surprised that more incredibly wealth athletes don't make an effort to move their families away once they have the means. Very sad stuff.

Yup. The most famous cases in Brazil are:

- Romário's father
- Grafite's mother
- Robinho's mother
- Luis Fabiano's mother

They all ended up well, though ('well' as in a successeful rescue).

Robinho's mom case lasted 41 days, though.

Meier

Did Nigel Adkins look at Ramirez in the Olympics and basically throw money at him? Is he actually worth the money?

He's a FM wonderkid.. probably learned about him from there! He played well at Bologna especially given his age.

- Romário's father
- Grafite's mother
- Robinho's mother
- Luis Fabiano's mother

It has happened to a fair number of MLB players as well. Terrible, terrible stuff.

Both teams to score:

AC v Malaga
Anderlecht v Zenit
Kiev v Porto
City v Ajax
Olympiakos v Montpellier
Madrid v Dortmund
Arsenal v Schalke
Benfica v Spartak
Cluj v Galatasary

What you guys think?

Wouldn't be surprised if Anderlecht, Spartak, Montpellier, Ajax, Kiev or Arsenal fail to score

- Romário's father
- Grafite's mother
- Robinho's mother
- Luis Fabiano's mother

Also Vitor Belfort's sister, no idea how that turned out.

K1LLER7

Wouldn't be surprised if Anderlecht, Spartak, Montpellier, Ajax, Kiev or Arsenal fail to score
Anderlecht should hopefully, Zenit were bad last game and are away.
Monpellier, Spartak and Kiev I'm not too sure.
Ajax should score seen as City can't defend and will hopefully lose ;)
Arsenal better score. I got this avatar because of those d****s scoring in the last minute :(

Since most of Footy-GAF is in the UK and supporting Obama, I thought you guys might appreciate this piece my brother wrote: http://www.avidly.org/2012/11/05/major-doma/. It really hit me hard, made me tear up a bit even towards the end. Fortunately I have my own office and the door was closed!

Great article Meier, I posted it on Facebook to try to give it more exposure. Unfortunately, I know too many people who would defend DOMA.

Spartak will score, they're the highest scoring team in Russia. It's their defense that's ultra shit.

Dynamo won't get shut out at home either.

The others I would probably agree could get shut out, although we'll probably concede to Anderlecht.

K1LLER7

Spartak will score, they're the highest scoring team in Russia. It's their defense that's ultra shit.

Dynamo won't get shut out at home either.

The others I would probably agree could get shut out, although we'll probably concede to Anderlecht.
This is encouraging Andres

Oh :O

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hate those sort of goals. When a defender just lazily wafts a leg at the ball and deflects it in. Vertonghen did the same thing against Norwich in the cup.

Halo is so close!

ibsGj7vrNRh64B.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom