• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Well better get to bed. Bug day tomorrow.

Halo 4 and maybe a McDonalds Breakfast to boot.

Sounds like a cracking day to me. I've got Uni for two hours then hopefully back for Halo 4 and a major masturbation session. Can't wait.

Arnie

Sounds like a cracking day to me. I've got Uni for two hours then hopefully back for Halo 4 and a major masturbation session. Can't wait.

I've got to get a tram to the other side of Sheffield, write an essay, edit some audio, and then go to Hillsborough to film Wednesday in the evening. My day's rammed. I'll be so tired when I get in that I'll probably just boot up the first mission then go to bed.

K1LLER7

There was a rumour that Robinho told him how shit Manchester was, and Rafael tried his best to repair the damage (lie).

I read before that the Silva's prefer London over Manchester. Plus there's no restaurants.

Lucas would've been perfect for United.

Arnie

Whilst I'm perfectly happy with Brendan Rodgers, and this next comment isn't proposing I'd swap him for anyone, but I did post a year ago that Liverpool's next manager (after Kenny) should be Steve Clark. Happy he's doing well.

I also predicted West Brom to be relegated at the start of the season.

Had a good one earlier today. I hate it when I drink too much and I can't bust one though

smh
I'm definitely playing Halo with you, you sound like a mess.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Whilst I'm perfectly happy with Brendan Rodgers, and this next comment isn't proposing I'd swap him for anyone, but I did post a year ago that Liverpool's next manager (after Kenny) should be Steve Clark. Happy he's doing well.

I also predicted West Brom to be relegated at the start of the season.

I'm definitely playing Halo with you, you sound like a mess.

lol sure

I probably wont have a mic till tomorrow though

Feorax

Silly season has well and truly begun. Amongst the wonderful bollocks on twitter tonight, the highlights have to be Spurs in for Carroll (Daily Fail), Liverpool in for Christian Eriksen, and Xabi Alonso trying to negotiate his way back to England (Mirror).

Ah, how I have missed the muppetry.

Wooden wanted to trade cockshots earlier, lol

-on the facebook footey gaf group

ib2a1h0eVOnPC4.gif

I saw someone say he wanted to vote for Biden as next president and he hoped he won after seeing their leaflets. That was in a tv show where they went around knocking on doors, telling people to vote, not sure if those people should vote really.

Arnie

I can't work out why everyone's so engaged with all this US election coverage, I get the American interest, obviously, but I didn't expect such a percentage of people outside the US to give a damn. I certainly don't, I'll spend whatever free time I have tomorrow evening playing Halo 4. I get it's big news, and I understand the long terms ramifications of each candidate, but it's not impactful enough to me personally to want to follow the coverage so intently and invest myself so heavily into it.

Our student newspaper have rented a booth at a local bar and are doing a drinking game related to the coverage. As an editor I almost felt obliged to go, but then I realised it's fucking stupid.

I can't work out why everyone's so engaged with all this US election coverage, I get the American interest, obviously, but I didn't expect such a percentage of people outside the US to give a damn. I certainly don't, I'll spend whatever free time I have tomorrow evening playing Halo 4. I get it's big news, and I understand the long terms ramifications of each candidate, but it's not impactful enough to me personally to want to follow the coverage so intently and invest myself so heavily into it.

Our student newspaper have rented a booth at a local bar and are doing a drinking game related to the coverage. As an editor I almost felt obliged to go, but then I realised it's fucking stupid.
Leader of the free world brah.

fuenf

Ugh...I came home to my parent's house tonight to a Romney/Ryan sign out front. Help me :(

I have to admit, I kinda want Romney to win just because of the GAF meltdown that would ensue. I was interested in the election before but I've come to the realization that the political system / electoral process in the U.S. is just fucked up beyond repair. #proudtobegerman

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I have to admit, I kinda want Romney to win just because of the GAF meltdown that would ensue. I was interested in the election before but I've come to the realization that the political system / electoral process in the U.S. is just fucked up beyond repair. #proudtobegerman

They cheated 12 years ago. Anything is possible

-would be funny to read gaf if he won though, lol

I love seeing how things go down live in big events, I've always taken a massive interest about how people react to things.

Arnie

Leader of the free world brah.
I couldn't tell you five things Obama's done since entering office. It really doesn't concern me all that much. If he raises taxes do I feel it? No. If he introduces universal health care, does that concern me? No. The list goes on. That doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on these things; I'd love my GAF brothers to know that whatever their financial situation, wherever they are in the country, they've got completely free and available healthcare for any situation.

Doesn't mean I'm going to spend my evening doing shots and cheering 'Barack!' at a projector.
I love seeing how things go down live in big events, I've always taken a massive interest about how people react to things.
I like to fart in the library as I'm walking and look back to admire the fallout.

Bumhead

Banned

My only take on it is that Mitt Romney sounds like a dangerous individual who I don't want anywhere near power of a major global nation like the US. From an admittedly rather ignorant outsider point of view, Obama sounds like the only sensible vote available for any reasonable thinking person.

But we'll see who America votes for. I'm certainly intrigued to see the result.

I've spent the day in hospital today. My wife is being induced with our daughter. Slow going so far but hoping she will be here tomorrow.

To make matters worse, I'm in Ohio. Do you know how awful this has been?

While in the end, this doesn't impact what happens in the next for years immensely because of how slow our political system operates, my girlfriend and I have seriously considered moving to Europe to escape it all.

While in the end, this doesn't impact what happens in the next for years immensely because of how slow our political system operates, my girlfriend and I have seriously considered moving to Europe to escape it all.
Obama is ahead in the Ohio polls right?

jtb

Banned

Well at least your vote counts... I fucking hate the electoral college. It's a broken system that encourages two party rule and voter suppression.

Arnie

My only take on it is that Mitt Romney sounds like a dangerous individual who I don't want anywhere near power of a major global nation like the US. From an admittedly rather ignorant outsider point of view, Obama sounds like the only sensible vote available for any reasonable thinking person.

But we'll see who America votes for. I'm certainly intrigued to see the result.

I've spent the day in hospital today. My wife is being induced with our daughter. Slow going so far but hoping she will be here tomorrow.

I understand that, I suppose, but it's still a different kind of intrigue to the one I'm seeing around the University. Basically it's a lot of Uni kids sat drinking coffee and trying to purport some higher intellectual being by discussing the US electoral system. Like, they're excited for another country's change of leader as I am for Halo 4. Bunch of whoppers to be honest, and I think even those who're interested in tomorrow night's proceedings would agree should you meet them.

Best of luck Mat, I take it you won't be at the match tomorrow?

Jensen

It find it really annoying that UK broadcaster are doing their best to fill their schedules with that circus as they have done with every US election since I was born. But of course we should be interested because the world revolves around the US and the President is the defender of our freedom!!1.

Wilbur

Banned
Hope it all goes well Mat :)

And regarding the election, it's just massively entertaining for me to see the meltdowns, the gusto the candidates put into it, and the fact that we'll have a relationship as a country with whoever wins.

Obama is ahead in the Ohio polls right?

Early voting though. That could change very drastically tomorrow though. The way I look at it is that you're going to have a lot more liberal people using early vote because they're traditionally from a lower income area/family, and may have a very long shift they can't escape to vote, or college students, who are generally liberal. The old people, or higher income areas don't need to worry about finding time to vote because they're schedules will have the flexibility to vote on election day.

For example, polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. I work from 7:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. My commute is about 25 minutes. That means I would be late to work if I went early, and wouldn't get to the polls until 6:30 p.m. if I went after work. I don't have enough time to vote during lunch. So that gives me an hour to wait in line and get my ballot submitted. The worst part of all of this is when 7:30 hits, the volunteers are told to send everyone home, even if I got there at 6:30 and was next in line. I believe there are lawyers prepared to sue if that does happen though, so let's hope it isn't a problem.

All in all, I'm going to be late to work tomorrow, because fuck waiting in line.

Well at least your vote counts... I fucking hate the electoral college. It's a broken system that encourages two party rule and voter suppression.

Yea, it isn't a great system, and I really hate bipartisan politics.

EDIT: Also, you guys should care about Amurica because we saved yo ass in dubya dubya two

fuenf

For example, polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. I work from 7:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. My commute is about 25 minutes. That means I would be late to work if I went early, and wouldn't get to the polls until 6:30 p.m. if I went after work. I don't have enough time to vote during lunch. So that gives me an hour to wait in line and get my ballot submitted. The worst part of all of this is when 7:30 hits, the volunteers are told to send everyone home, even if I got there at 6:30 and was next in line. I believe there are lawyers prepared to sue if that does happen though, so let's hope it isn't a problem.

All in all, I'm going to be late to work tomorrow, because fuck waiting in line.

Why arent the U.S. voting on a Sunday anyway?

Arnie

It find it really annoying that UK broadcaster are doing their best to fill their schedules with that circus as they have done with every US election since I was born. But of course we should be interested because the world revolves around the US and the President is the defender of our freedom!!1.

Aye. It's the over-excitement about it, and the build up as if we're obligated to care. It's our student bar doing a huge US ELECTIONS lock in, with special drink offers, and drinking games, and flags, and banners, and cheeseburgers, and fucking balloons. Like, honestly, do people have nothing better to be doing?

Do people not have work, or lovers, or hobbies that exist outside of the US elections that they'd rather use to fill their time. Instead they're talking about different policies and states with a sense of interest and investment that belies their nationality and actual political investment. Nobody is voting, nobody's state is reporting in, nobody's life is actually about to substantially change overnight.

Basically, cunts.

Wilbur

Banned
Early voting though. That could change very drastically tomorrow though. The way I look at it is that you're going to have a lot more liberal people using early vote because they're traditionally from a lower income area/family, and may have a very long shift they can't escape to vote, or college students, who are generally liberal. The old people, or higher income areas don't need to worry about finding time to vote because they're schedules will have the flexibility to vote on election day.

Yea, it isn't a great system, and I really hate bipartisan politics.

EDIT: Also, you guys should care about Amurica because we saved yo ass in dubya dubya two

nonsense we won by ourselves winston and colin firth what what

Also the electorate college vote system is fucking wank. It really is

Bumhead

Banned
I understand that, I suppose, but it's still a different kind of intrigue to the one I'm seeing around the University. Basically it's a lot of Uni kids sat drinking coffee and trying to purport some higher intellectual being by discussing the US electoral system. Like, they're excited for another country's change of leader as I am for Halo 4. Bunch of whoppers to be honest, and I think even those who're interested in tomorrow night's proceedings would agree should you meet them.

Best of luck Mat, I take it you won't be at the match tomorrow?

Yeah, I absolutely know what you mean there. A lot of people seem to be going quite overboard.

I only find the US political system interesting because I find the Republicans so difficult to understand. Some of the things that get said and suggested during election time just seem completely un-votable to me. I'll go to my grave never understanding how and why a mainstream political party in a "civilised" and "developed" country like the US can exist and win votes based on some of the stuff they come out with.

But I'll also go to my grave never voting Tory so maybe I'm not the most objective person to ask, heh.

Cheers for the good luck messages also. I won't be at the match tomorrow unfortunately. I'll try and grab you for an update afterwards.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, I absolutely know what you mean there. A lot of people seem to be going quite overboard.

I only find the US political system interesting because I find the Republicans so difficult to understand. Some of the things that get said and suggested during election time just seem completely un-votable to me. I'll go to my grave never understanding how and why a mainstream political party in a "civilised" and "developed" country like the US can exist and win votes based on some of the stuff they come out with.

But I'll also go to my grave never voting Tory so maybe I'm not the most objective person to ask, heh.

Cheers for the good luck messages also. I won't be at the match tomorrow unfortunately. I'll try and grab you for an update afterwards.

What if

GASP

Your baby turns out to be a Blades fan

The US President is the most influential politician in the world.

Doesn't mean everyone needs to take an interest...but that's why so many people do.

He might not change your life directly, but he can set the agenda and tone of upcoming international/economic affairs.

Arnie

I'll try and grab you for an update afterwards.

I'm going to try and give it a shot 24 hours in advance, and see if I'm almost right:

Barkley will score (within a minute of a whistle for bonus points)
Wednesday will have three penalty appeals turned away.
Bothroyd won't run much and will come off at 65 minutes.
Blackpool will equalise on 80 minutes after a Tom Ince wonder goal.
Dave Jones will talk about performances not matching results.

That doesn't sound like they're buying into the election exactly, so much as just Americanism. People over here seem to really like America
for some reason, I don't really get it
I think that's part of my annoyance. People who spunk on about how they've got a US passport because their great aunt's from Hawaii so suddenly they're the go to expert on US politics. And I'm trying to edit some fucking swatches on InDesign and this berk's telling me about swing states, and the difference between Northern and Southern California, and I want to get up and throw him out the window.

Aye. It's the over-excitement about it, and the build up as if we're obligated to care. It's our student bar doing a huge US ELECTIONS lock in, with special drink offers, and drinking games, and flags, and banners, and cheeseburgers, and fucking balloons. Like, honestly, do people have nothing better to be doing?

Do people not have work, or lovers, or hobbies that exist outside of the US elections that they'd rather use to fill their time. Instead they're talking about different policies and states with a sense of interest and investment that belies their nationality and actual political investment. Nobody is voting, nobody's state is reporting in, nobody's life is actually about to substantially change overnight.

Basically, cunts.

That doesn't sound like they're buying into the election exactly, so much as just Americanism. People over here seem to really like America
for some reason, I don't really get it

GorillaJu

A friend of mine found a picture of me in a photo book at a cafe in Seoul.

I'm not sure if I'm equipped mentally and spiritually to deal with this fame. I hope it doesn't go to my head and I can still be normal, like one of you, my many fans on FootyGaf.

If you would have asked me yesterday how I'd feel if I knew I was this amazing, I probably couldn't give you a straight answer. But there's a chance you wouldn't understand (celebrities operate on a slightly higher level of intellect than normals - people like you).

I think that's part of my annoyance. People who spunk on about how they've got a US passport because their great aunt's from Hawaii so suddenly they're the go to expert on US politics. And I'm trying to edit some fucking swatches on InDesign and this berk's telling me about swing states, and the difference between Northern and Southern California, and I want to get up and throw him out the window.

Sounds like someone is just jealous of land of the free. Watch what you are saying on here or the UK internet police will come to get you.

Sloosha

A friend of mine found a picture of me in a photo book at a cafe in Seoul.

I'm not sure if I'm equipped mentally and spiritually to deal with this fame. I hope it doesn't go to my head and I can still be normal, like one of you, my many fans on FootyGaf.

If you would have asked me yesterday how I'd feel if I knew I was this amazing, I probably couldn't give you a straight answer. But there's a chance you wouldn't understand (celebrities operate on a slightly higher level of intellect than normals - people like you).

I bet it was the Hello Kitty Cafe in Hongdae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom