• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Sky panel moaning about zonal marking.

Man to man has just as many problems.

Why can't they see that?

True, but I have no idea what the fuck Yaya was doing for both goals today. Didn't even think about picking someone up, just stood around like a fucking idiot.

bud

i think man-marking at corners can be easier in the sense that everyone knows exactly who they have to mark at all times.

but what baffles me is that so many teams leave both posts unmarked when the opponent's taking a corner. both of ajax' goals could've been prevented if city had kept two players there.

Feorax

Sky panel moaning about zonal marking.

Man to man has just as many problems.

Why can't they see that?

Because zonal marking means when goals are conceded, pundits have to actually think about who has got it wrong, if anyone.

Too much work for then. It's not like they're paid thousands to give thoughtful analysis or anything.

i think man-marking at corners can be easier in the sense that everyone knows exactly who they have to mark at all times.

but what baffles me is that so many teams leave both posts unmarked when the opponent's taking a corner. both of ajax' goals could've been prevented if city had kept two players there.
Yep.

I know that was a penalty but that fall was more dramatic then anything Suarez has ever done
Nope.

I'm still pissed about Rovers

2-1 up with seconds left and on the ball, our Portuguese debutant Diogo Rosado tries a killer pass instead on holding the ball and they break and equalise

:(

bud

just got word that pato tore his sphincter whilst trying to pass gas. the poor fella will be out for at least three weeks.

Oh man, I can't believe what I have to read from BVB fans here. "Dortmund only has themselves to blame", "Stopped attacking, only parked the bus" etc. What the hell is wrong with you? Don't get too confident, that was Real Madrid at the Bernabeu. Fantastic first half but Real really turned on power mode in the second half. The first 10 minutes after half time, we looked shaky as fuck and I feared the worst. Fucking amazing to keep it at 2-2, don't get me wrong, the late goal sucked but come on. What other teams got 4 points over two ties against Real? Probably only Barca, that's just awesome. I'd have taken one point for those two matches some weeks ago. So proud of this team right now.

Pennywise

Oh man, I can't believe what I have to read from BVB fans here. "Dortmund only has themselves to blame", "Stopped attacking, only parked the bus" etc. What the hell is wrong with you? Don't get too confident, that was Real Madrid at the Bernabeu. Fantastic first half but Real really turned on power mode in the second half. The first 10 minutes after half time, we looked shaky as fuck and I feared the worst. Fucking amazing to keep it at 2-2, don't get me wrong, the late goal sucked but come on. What other teams got 4 points over two ties against Real? Probably only Barca, that's just awesome. I'd have taken one point for those two matches some weeks ago. So proud of this team right now.

Simple,
after the goal they moved they're asses again.
Don't get me wrong, I'm so fucking proud of these guys but they could have done alot more to avoid the pressing the entire time.

But nothing to be sad about.
Dortmund has the upper hand :)

Wilbur

Banned
Honestly, if Spartak make it to the knockout stages and we don't I'll quit club football.

You're falling prey to the City curse. Lose the oil money! Or just wait ten years like Chelsea and you'll win eventually.

I'm still pissed about Rovers

2-1 up with seconds left and on the ball, our Portuguese debutant Diogo Rosado tries a killer pass instead on holding the ball and they break and equalise

:(

Point at Huddersfield isn't bad though considering how their season's going.

Salvadora

Arsene Wenger...
"Overall I feel after the stick we got from Saturday's game it was important to show a great response and that is exactly what we did.

"We played against a good team and it we were a bit unfortunate to concede before half time. We had a chance with Walcott at the end but overall I feel 2-2 is fair."
Arsenal did not look good tonight at all, still look shite upfront and can't even control possession these days. Lets not even mention the defence.

Simple,
after the goal they moved they're asses again.
Don't get me wrong, I'm so fucking proud of these guys but they could have done alot more to avoid the pressing the entire time.

Well, that's just making the situation look too easy. In the first match, there were different parts of the match: BVB attacking for some minutes, Real in defence, then Real attacking for some minutes, BVB in defence, similiar to the first half today. The problem was that Real was just too good in the second half. We had the chances to attack after like 60 or 65 minutes but were just happy enough to lower the speed of the game and relax a bit when we got the ball.

And after the goal, well, it's easy to give everything in the last 3 minutes. Great from Leitner there to come in in such a match and win a ball against CR7 and keep possession very well. It doesn't make sense to give everything for 70 minutes and then colapse and concede 3 or 4 goals, though.

Jin_7

Not Klopp celebreation gif? :O

ew8zev4mrabt.gif

There should be at least 6 or 7 BVB fans here as opposed to the 2 listed in the OP.

jtb

Banned
Arsene Wenger...
Arsenal did not look good tonight at all, still look shite upfront and can't even control possession these days. Lets not even mention the defence.

A draw that practically ensures finishing 2nd in the group is a "great response"? Jesus christ.

Pennywise

Well, that's just making the situation look too easy. In the first match, there were different parts of the match: BVB attacking for some minutes, Real in defence, then Real attacking for some minutes, BVB in defence, similiar to the first half today. The problem was that Real was just too good in the second half. We had the chances to attack after like 60 or 65 minutes but were just happy enough to lower the speed of the game and relax a bit when we got the ball.

And after the goal, well, it's easy to give everything in the last 3 minutes. Great from Leitner there to come in in such a match and win a ball against CR7 and keep possession very well. It doesn't make sense to give everything for 70 minutes and then colapse and concede 3 or 4 goals, though.

Never said it was easy.
But Klopp should have sent Mo earlier or at least when he took off Gündogan.
Ivan is no one who is sending the passes and Götze/Großkreutz were without power for quite some time.

Not like that would definitly keep Madrid away, but I guess that would led to some more attacks at least.

But even as Dortmund fan I wouldn't bet a single penny on 4 points against Madrid when they drew the groups.
Just so damn wonderful this team :>

Yen

It used to be you could get a DNS spoofing extension for Firefox and just putting in 0.0.0.0 would work.

I don't know what you're on about.

I'm downloading OpenVPN. I have no idea what this is.
edit: open vpn want me to pay. lolno. uninstalled

Never said it was easy.
But Klopp should have sent Mo earlier or at least when he took off Gündogan.
Ivan is no one who is sending the passes and Götze/Großkreutz were without power for quite some time.

Not like that would definitly keep Madrid away, but I guess that would led to some more attacks at least.

But even as Dortmund fan I wouldn't bet a single penny on 4 points against Madrid when they drew the groups.
Just so damn wonderful this team :>
Well, bringing Leitner in for a longer time in such a match is (still) a liability. He did great in the few minutes he had but it was hard to tell what would have happened with him in such a critical position. I probably wouldn't have done it, either.

Something to confess: I never liked Perisic (when I heard he wanted number 44, I instantly thought "The hell is wrong with him?"), I think he's shit and won't ever play a bigger role for us. He has some beauties in him (Arsenal, Stuttgart) but for the most time he's doing almost nothing in attack, defends poorly and scores easy tap-ins (or not). I'm also sure he won't ever be a good striker, either. If there's a chance to get some money for him and replace him cheaply with someone like Herrmann or Beister, we should do it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wenger is on crack, Arsenal looked the same as they have done for the last month. Sloppy in possession, lack of movement, poor crossing (Walcott delivered two hilarious efforts), shoddy defending, it was all there. Mannone was their best player and that's pretty damning. Schalke really didn't have to work that hard to create chances and if Huntelaar and Holtby hadn't shat the bed they would have scored 4 goals.

dc89

So just saw the results? Can City still make it in?

Yup. Listened to TalkSport on the way home and Andy Grey was saying it can still be done. But it's just a ridiculous set of circumstances. City to beat Madrid and Dortmund and Ajax to beat Madrid. It got real confusing but I know it involved and went like:

Madrid being top, City second on 8 points, Dortmund 3rd on 8 points & Ajax last on 7.

City would go through ahead of Dortmund as we'd have drawn at The Etihad and won at their place.

It won't happen.

Kyoufu

I'm home. :(

lol

City's performance in CL reminds me of that story where a guy in China divorced his once ugly wife for giving birth to ugly children. Sure, she had plastic surgery and looked pretty afterwards, but she couldn't escape her roots.

City are the ginger stepchild of Manchester and evidently plastic can't hide that.

We'll see you in the Europa League :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom