• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Modric got taken off at half time. Maybe we can get him on emergency loan or something.

dat partnership

Clegg

lol

City's performance in CL reminds me of that story where a guy in China divorced his once ugly wife for giving birth to ugly children. Sure, she had plastic surgery and looked pretty afterwards, but she couldn't escape her roots.

City are the ginger stepchild of Manchester and evidently plastic can't hide that.

We'll see you in the Europa League :)

Dat analogy.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Ajax already have more points than they were expecting to get. Delighted for them. In the unlikely event they don't qualify, I hope they get that third spot.

How I see it going

City and Madrid draw at the Etihad.
Ajax and Dortmund draw at the Amsterdam Arena (I think its there...)
Dortmund and City draw at the Westfalenstadion
Madrid beat Ajax at the Bernabeu

Madrid 11
Dortmund 10
Ajax 5
City 4

dc89

I think Bobby is saying "fucking hell" there.

Oh my god. :( Poor dc must be having a conniption fit.

Everyone was raging. The first goal was just poor defending, the second goal... well it was a good header but we should have done better!

dc has to be going mental. Come on Dzeko, win it for us!

Mental at the end. I thought we won it with the goal that was ruled offside, then the penalty which was never given :mad: GRRRRRR

Dibbz

So Modric got taken off at half time. Maybe we can get him on emergency loan or something.

dat partnership

41_04_81_web.jpg

Salazar

i think man-marking at corners can be easier in the sense that everyone knows exactly who they have to mark at all times.

but what baffles me is that so many teams leave both posts unmarked when the opponent's taking a corner. both of ajax' goals could've been prevented if city had kept two players there.

You gotta love the post, need the post.

zPlTL.gif

dc89

Also, lol City fans. Really, you could hear our fans for 90 minutes. Does City have fans?

Ajax fans were pretty decent! I was sat quite close to them.

It was a bit strange to see a few of them fight amongst themselves though, had to be broken up by police.

dc2points was alone in the stadium, eating a crusty hot dog roll and wiping tears on Roberto Mancini's programme notes.

My hot dog was fit. Instagramming it now for you Wilbury.

Wilbur

Banned

Please don't :( I'm fucking starving and trying to be a good boy

You have to remember it takes a while to get used to the CL. Their fans haven't adjusted to their team playing mid-week.

Siem De Jong looks class btw.

Yeah he does. Was just thinking that.

How's Luuk looking at Gladbach, does anyone know? Did Newcastle miss out?

Wessiej

Ajax fans were pretty decent! I was sat quite close to them.

It was a bit strange to see a few of them fight amongst themselves though, had to be broken up by police.

Ugh thats a mess. Drugged up people fighting, never understand that.

dc89

Please don't :( I'm fucking starving and trying to be a good boy

Yeah he does. Was just thinking that.

How's Luuk looking at Gladbach, does anyone know? Did Newcastle miss out?

Whoops.

Don't worry City fans, Ibra already said that can't wait to play with him :lol

:( NO! We need him more than ever.

Fucking dc and his instagrammed food!

Please post more pics of food, just lose the shitty filters :p

Sorry :(. I'll lose the filters going forward!!!

Smalling might feature tomorrow. They've been saying that for the last 2/3 games now but hopefully he actually does this time. I just hope he comes back and plays as he did last season. Would be a really big boost for us.

Hope we can get the result tmrw. Qualifying with 2 games in hand is a bonus. You saw the effort City put in tonight, and they might have to do that two more times yet. Not exactly ideal preparation for their weekend game against Spurs.

Wilbur

Banned
Smalling might feature tomorrow. They've been saying that for the last 2/3 games now but hopefully he actually does this time. I just hope he comes back and plays as he did last season. Would be a really big boost for us.

Hope we can get the result tmrw. Qualifying with 2 games in hand is a bonus. You saw the effort City put in tonight, and they might have to do that two more times yet. Not exactly ideal preparation for their weekend game against Spurs.

I'd be delighted with either Rio or Rafael getting a rest so Smalling comes in. He'll be a first teamer for years if he keeps it up.

I think we'll win 1-0 tomorrow; won't be pretty but we'll get the narrow win.

Slizz

I hope the extra time before playing is to avoid what happened to Vidic.

kharma45

I'd be delighted with either Rio or Rafael getting a rest so Smalling comes in. He'll be a first teamer for years if he keeps it up.

I think we'll win 1-0 tomorrow; won't be pretty but we'll get the narrow win.

Hope it's Rio, Smalling deserves to be played at CB.

We play on Thursday. So yeah...

Wilbur

Banned
Always have Valencia as a fall back for RB.

True; I don't think he's been particularly good this year but he's always threatening enough that I'd play him on the wing but he's done a good job at RB in the past. Not against the big boys though please Fergus

kharma45

Yeah agreed, but I'm worried Rafael is going to burn out. Hopefully Jones can come back soon and give him a rest. He's looked best at RB so far.

Aye Jones can fill in at RB well enough in lower level PL games and FA Cup games, only realising now how vulnerable we are at RB atm if Rafa gets injured.

I hope the extra time before playing is to avoid what happened to Vidic.
Yeah I think Fergie said something to that effect. That he's been training but they wanna be sure when he's back he's back for good.

Lol yeah...

Where do Spurs stand in that group anyway? Not been following EL.

Can't wait until we sign Sneijder.
So you saw that rumour too. Our dream is finally coming true!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Sounds like AVB will be playing a few kids though.

We're third in the group and have drawn all our games, Juve style. Lazio have 5 points, Panathinaikos have 4, we have 3. We have two home games and Lazio away.

Yeah, I agree. If you're guilty of gross misconduct in any other job then you're likely out of it, so it shouldn't be different for football.

Would you say a conviction on 'the balance of probability' should be enough for a sacking, or a conviction for potentially repeating a misheard comment?

Wilbur

Banned
Would you say a conviction on 'the balance of probability' should be enough for a sacking, or a conviction for potentially repeating a misheard comment?

I think if you're found guilty of racist abuse, you should be sacked. The balance of probability thing is a stupid argument, because its not how it works in the courts. On a personal level I'm glad Terry was charged by the FA because I saw him say black cunt and for me, that's enough. But if the court case had ended with him being guilty because of the balance of probability, then I'm afraid our justice system doesn't work.

If a court case finds a player guilty of racism, he should be sacked. If the FA are conducting investigations, then fines and suspensions seem like better punishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom