• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you're found guilty of racist abuse, you should be sacked. The balance of probability thing is a stupid argument, because its not how it works in the courts. On a personal level I'm glad Terry was charged by the FA because I saw him say black cunt and for me, that's enough. But if the court case had ended with him being guilty because of the balance of probability, then I'm afraid our justice system doesn't work.

If a court case finds a player guilty of racism, he should be sacked. If the FA are conducting investigations, then fines and suspensions seem like better punishments.

Yeah, sounds fair enough to me

Salvadora

Yeah, I agree. If you're guilty of gross misconduct in any other job then you're likely out of it, so it shouldn't be different for football.

I think if you're found guilty of racist abuse, you should be sacked. The balance of probability thing is a stupid argument, because its not how it works in the courts. On a personal level I'm glad Terry was charged by the FA because I saw him say black cunt and for me, that's enough. But if the court case had ended with him being guilty because of the balance of probability, then I'm afraid our justice system doesn't work.

If a court case finds a player guilty of racism, he should be sacked. If the FA are conducting investigations, then fines and suspensions seem like better punishments.

Yeah can't say I disagree with this, they should really take hard line on racism and not chicken out with stupid fines and bans.

Clegg

Have lecture at 9 tomorrow so I can't stay up for the election madness.

Election thread in OT is pretty funny though. People despairing over Romney winning states he was always predicted to win.

Best threads forever?

i7G8MREgO3fYz.gif

I remember him saying some homophobic shit previously.

Yeah quite a few times, surprised he managed to be here for so long.

Salvadora

I actually wouldn't mind Arshavin starting as long as he was playing in the correct position. Arsenal are so devoid of any kind of creativity that I would take anything.

Salvadora

You know, It's one thing for our defence to be shit as I take that for granted, but the fact that Arsenal have been struggling to create chances for weeks has me terrified.

Dibbz

I'm watching this live feed of the US election here and holy fuck all the hosts are hot as fuck.

edit: fuck they all have like perfect teeth as well. is this cgi??

Scum

Sorry Kaidan, but it's Liara's arse that FemShep will be tapping.

Edit: Is Mass Effect 3 worth it? I've heard so much about the dubious ending. I hope it turns up cheap on Steam...

MPW

congrats to malaga

great achievement considering all the shit going on with the owner

madrid didn't start playing until 2nd half

either play essien modric or essien alonso

modric alonso partnership just doesn't work

thanks to ajax, this draw is not a bad result as it could have been

Fry

i think it was fry who shopped my current one, can somebody replace my schweinsteiger avatar with lahm?

i7dpiKYLNAyne.png

i still have the original if needed

35kkcpiurb7a.jpg

actually dortmund. just like to see CR7 cry

I think it was fuenf! I did that emoticon though. =P

Missed the second halves of all matches.. Real got a draw. Borussia did really great, a point at the Bernabeu is already good enough. With Ajax and City drawing, they are safely going into the next round?

Congrats to Borussia GAF.

MPW

commentary mentioned rumors that casillas is leaving at the end of the season

if he keeps on playing like shit, he can leave

Al Jazeera is pretty great. I know a guy who worked for them like 15 years ago & said they were a mouthpiece for some dodgy anti-US governments, but things have clearly changed - interesting and unbiased.

Arab Al Jazeera kind of are, sort of like Russia Today. But they're Western set up is fine.

I agree, they are great. Watched a whole lot of them during the Fukishima stuff.

K1LLER7

Looking forward to Liverpool vs Anzhi Machakalakalala (Spelt right :p)

you guys think Liverpool will win?

and has Yurt posted yet? Juve play tomorrow, thought he'd be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom