• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

It was pretty funny seeing all the FootyGaf members pop up in the election thread asking "WHY IS ROMNEY WINNING? HOW DID HAPPEN?"

Love you silly Europeans.

Nyx

On your first point, totally agree. Ajax playing as a pack ready to do everything for their team.

On your second point, I think, I think, Mancini uses Zonal Marking style defending.

Someone who knows more can confirm or correct me. So players don't even chase if the ball isn't going to end up in their 'zone' lol. Man Marking style works so much better in set pieces imo.

Even if Mancini uses zonal marking, it was a corner kick and obviously Touré had to mark De Jong.

De Jong moved to the first post, and Touré just stopped, that has nothing to do with zonal or man marking imo, that’s just being arrogant. (‘’I’ll let him go, he won’t score anyw….oh……’’)

Blablurn

clipboard01asks0.jpg

obama looking down at dortmund, i like that

FootballFan

Even if Mancini uses zonal marking, it was a corner kick and obviously Touré had to mark De Jong.

De Jong moved to the first post, and Touré just stopped, that has nothing to do with zonal or man marking imo, that’s just being arrogant. (‘’I’ll let him go, he won’t score anyw….oh……’’)

Hmm didn't see it that well myself anyways. But I have seen zonal marking fail miserably, where a player doesn't follow his man and simply points at a teammate who was in the 'zone' to get him.

"oh shit I gotta watch this guy!..oh nah he is already in *teammates name* zone"

(though to be fair that way of marking works fantastically at times)

You guys stayed up to watch the elections? You should go to sleep once in a while you know. It's good for you.

Fucking loved the 'MURRICA FUCK YEAH speech from Obama

Blablurn

You guys stayed up to watch the elections? You should go to sleep once in a while you know. It's good for you.

Fucking loved the 'MURRICA FUCK YEAH speech from Obama

god no, fall asleep at 11pm yesterday :D but i have this habt... when i wake up during the night i always check gaf on my phone D: so yeah, since i slept pretty bad this night i basically checked it every hour or so.

FootballFan

But it's a corner kick, you can't expect someone to takeover in a split-second, right? :)

Nope, but he isn't taking over anything. That is already his job.

As Eriksen(I think) is running to take the corner, Barry should already be saying "if this comes within 3 metres of me, it's my job to get it". He saw the ball coming to his zone the whole time and didn't attack it.

Either way shit defending no matter how you look at it, Yaya has been shit this season(other than the game against Madrid I can't remember a good game he has had).

About Ivan, I have disagree with you. He surely is a very talented player, and a good finisher(other than Reus no one is better than him in our squad). I don't understand where the impressions of easy tap-ins come from, many of the goals he scored were stunners(last season against Arsenal, Werder and Stuttgart, this season vs HSV), and the few tap-ins show his great off the ball movement. Why can't our other players score easy tap-ins?? Not to mention he also has a decent cross.....He sure has his weaknesses(can't defend, careless with possessions sometimes), but I woudn't gone to far to sell him....What's the point. Plus it's not like Klopp is always right with his selection...If Gotze wasn't injured last season we probably would've sold Kuba already for dirt cheap. Remember he was only subbed during stoppage time in the 1st half of last season, much like what Perisic was treated now

Of course he has all the needed talents but he doesn't use them, that's the annoying thing. I already said some weeks ago that he seems to lack a bit of tactical intelligence. And that's vital with a coach like Klopp and I seriously doubt that he can improve there.

And the difference with Kuba is that Kuba stepped up when Götze was injured. Perisic did what? He couldn't even get past Großkreutz who was our single most awful player this season. It doesn't look to me like he actually improved since joining us. Yes, he's a decent player who's good for around 10 goals a season but is that enough? I'd rather have someone that could replace Götze or Reus some day. That's why I'm saying we should sell him and buy someone like Herrmann/Beister if possible for cheap. I wouldn't mind Perisic hanging around another year but we have to look where to improve, too.

spidye

I'd like to see this:

Martinez-Bastian

Robben-Kroos-Ribery

Müller

How great would it be?

looks like kroos had the flu and will get some rest too

Martinez-Schweini

Robben-Shaq-Attack-Ribery

Müller

oh god yes please

but pizarro will probably play upfront and Müller behind him

Acidote

The Spanish IRS (Hacienda) has just embargoed (I don't know this term is applicable here or it's a false friend, in Spanish it's embargo) the 100% of the Deportivo de la Coruña income. Spanish football bubble starting to pop? Hopefully, yes. A man can dream.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Spanish IRS (Hacienda) has just embargoed (I don't know this term is applicable here or it's a false friend, in Spanish it's embargo) the 100% of the Deportivo de la Coruña income. Spanish football bubble starting to pop? Hopefully, yes. A man can dream.
Won't matter until the giant clubs start getting affected.

Hixx

"@Mark__Bright: Obama 79 Romney 88....... Bareck can clear his desk me thinks..... #USElection"

Mark Bright is a twat. He was talking shit about Sunderland one night so I put him right (like I do, you know) and afer talking for about 30 mins he ended up ignoring me. Sad twat.

Fady K

Hello fello footygaffers. I scoured through the remainders of OT5 and 6 and pretty much the whole of OT7 to make sure I responded to everyone. These feel like twitter Q&As haha, enjoyable ^_^ I must say though, man, does footygaf grow FAST. Also – we need fans of other leagues! Seems like only the PL and Champions League cause discussion here. It was very disappointing to see a big huge game like Juve vs Inter Milan go by with a whimper.

First up, OT5. OT6 later on today hopefully :D

Phantast2k said:
/fuck, I'm turning into that multi-quote guy..
//ok ok, I remembered his name: Fadyk, don't hate, lol

Hey! Multi-quoting is awesome :D Very impressed by Dortmund in the Champions League by the way. Why the heck are you constantly drawing in the Bundesliga though :/?

dc89 said:
Fady's tag is one of my favourites. He is clearly very passionate about Xenogears (gears or saga? I can't remember)

DC :D It was Xenosaga Episode III specifically. Man I was absolutely nuts about that game. Loved gears as well! Wish I had more time to play JRPGs these days but I have to be very specific about which ones I play because they take so much time to complete!

Fry8 said:
Talking about Fady; I think his twitter account was hacked last night.

This was when my twitter was full of love messages for ManU. It was a friend of mine who posted it after grabbing my cellphone haha!

Clegg said:
Devo has fans?

I'm not singling out just her btw.

It just strikes me as odd that a poster on an internet forum has fans.

Except Bish and Fady.

I think I lost a large portion of my fans after my United rants :[

K1LLER7 said:
Fady doesn't post much anymore. Did he post today?

I have been largely inconsistent with my posting here yet I miss it as much as ever. This is truly a wonderful football community.

Linius said:
Let's all mention Fady in our posts, that way he got some work to do with his next massive post.

That adds more ammo to my posts :D Just imagine, you posted the above on the 7th of October yet it lives on in a new post :D

PrematureQuiche said:
Fady is my favourite poster. WoodenLung is my least favourite!

I am honored and humbled, especially when I receive praise from a fellow Chelsea fan.

Spidye said:
Fuenf, Elsk, Fry, Blablurn, Fady and Willbury are my favourites.
Woodenlung...is just...well Woodenlung

<3 thank you. I had no idea I could make a Bayern fan’s list!

Verano said:
fady's the biggest club plastic out there.

What does it mean for a fan to be plastic by the way?

K1LLER7 said:
Now we need a Fady mega post

Not much of a mega post I wager, but this shall do! By the way I love your new Avatar :p

Salazar said:
Fady effendi has been away too long.

Haha! Where did you get that from? My folks call me by that nickname sometimes!

Oxx said:
Fady will still never use the c-word.

Never liked that word bro. Always hated it :(

Zabojnik said:
It's just a word, Fady. A simple arrangement of letters. Like Iaquinta. It'll blow over soon. Like Iaquinta, hopefully.

The word is very ugly though :[ c***. Blegh :p Whatever happened to Iaquinta? Loved watching him in the 2006 World Cup.

FootballFan said:

God this was an awesome avatar hahahaah

Yurt said:
I bought Dishonoured!

Reputations on the line:
-Fady K. (Because I wanna get quoted god dammit!)

First of all, good on you for buying what seems like one of the best games of the year! Looks so good..and now you get quoted :D Can’t have my reputation burned out on a guy like you ;D

Clegg said:
Well known gaffers are generally cool people eg Fady.

You’re always such a nice and level headed fella that I feel bad when I diss United :[ Thank you for your kind words Clegg <3

Nyx

Then hopefully the English bubble falls apart as well, and Dutch teams will win the Champions League.

Awww yeah.

Clegg

Thanks, Fady.

United gaf, should we rest RVP and Rooney tonight or would you rather play them both, ensure qualification from our CL group but risk having them going into the weekend game not at 100%?

Arnie

Just seen the City highlights. Their third goal wasn't offside and it's a clear penalty to Balotelli. Sure, the penalty is still subjective, they're either given or they aren't, but there's no excuse for scrubbing out Aguero's second. It infuriates me no end when linesmen get involved unnecessarily; he clearly couldn't see that, so he shouldn't give it. Everyone with access to a screen knows it's a goal, so why are our officials not given that privelage, if you can even call it that?

Also, I'm a big fan of zonal marking, and I've defended it before, but Ajax's second is an example of how it can be exploited. De Jong runs into a zone that isn't being marked, and thus has a free header. From what I saw, Barry leaves his zone to move out and stop him, but it's too late.

And De Boer is class.

GorillaJu

The Liverpool captain, Steven Gerrard, believes Luis Suárez is the best striker he has played alongside.

The England captain also revealed the one former team-mate he would bring back to the club, given the chance, would be the Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso.

Gerrard, in a Twitter question and answer session for sponsors Adidas, picked Suárez ahead of the likes of Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen and Fernando Torres – all great goalscorers at Anfield – and his England team-mate Wayne Rooney.

Asked who is the greatest striker he had played with Gerrard opted for Suárez, who has scored seven of Liverpool's 13 Premier League goals this season and produced a wonder strike against Newcastle on Sunday.

Gerrard also singled out the Uruguay international as the player who messes about most in training – "He's a nuisance!" wrote the 32-year-old.

The Liverpool captain also revealed, given the opportunity, he would jump at the chance to bring Alonso back to the club.

"Xabi Alonso – best midfielder I've played with, I miss playing with him," he wrote.

The feeling appears to be mutual with the Madrid midfielder confident Gerrard, who marked his 600th match for the club at the weekend, would slot seamlessly into Spain's World Cup and European Championship-winning side.

"Absolutely, there's no doubt," said Alonso. "He could play in any national team in the world because he has so many great qualities.

"He is flexible. He can play at the English pace or he can associate with the ball very well. He is a very intelligent player, so he could play anywhere – not just any national team but any club in the world.

"But he has been a one-club man and that's something I really admire."

Alonso believes Gerrard had a significant impact on his career, having moved to Merseyside from Real Sociedad in 2004.

"He was a great influence to me," he told Real Madrid TV. "When I arrived at Liverpool I was 22 and he was the captain, he was the main man at the club.

"For me he was a reference, the way he behaved with his team-mates and with the supporters as well. I learned a lot from him. We are great friends and we still keep in touch.

"He is so inspirational. In the key moments he has that different thing, that spark that is difficult to define. He'll absolutely be remembered as one of the greats. For me he is already one of the greats."

It's all just so bromantic! <3

Also I'm not a Wii U guy either. Maybe one day but arm I have no excitement for it.

Wilbur

Banned
Thanks, Fady.

United gaf, should we rest RVP and Rooney tonight or would you rather play them both, ensure qualification from our CL group but risk having them going into the weekend game not at 100%?

Who do we have this weekend, Villa? I'd probably play both tonight and ensure CL qualification and then play one of Hernandez/Welbeck at the weekend.

Hey guys, Woodenlung can't wank infront of cats.

I wasn't wanking, I was trying to prevent cumming but that cat was looking straight at me giving me no privacy at all. That cat was a nightmare, a few weeks later it shit all over my bed when I accidentally locked it into my room when leaving for college.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham are interested in Huntelaar apparently.

8XZpe.gif

I suppose for £7m he would be a decent squad player. I have never been impressed with his technical ability, for a Dutch player he is quite stiff and not really a 'Tottenham' player in the traditional mold. He'd be Bent 2.0.

Also the Wii U looks awesome. I just have to decide whether I import a US machine or not. Whichever I get, Zombi U, Mario and Trine 2 shall be mine.

dc89

Wii U has some sort of Karaoke built into it for Japan. Over 90,000 songs - Japan are going to eat that up. As if we needed more K-Pop and associated GIF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom