• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

keit4

Banned
The Spanish IRS (Hacienda) has just embargoed (I don't know this term is applicable here or it's a false friend, in Spanish it's embargo) the 100% of the Deportivo de la Coruña income. Spanish football bubble starting to pop? Hopefully, yes. A man can dream.

lolwut

Where did you read that? I don't find anything about that in the local media and Deportivo forums.

EDIT: found it. I can't understand why they didn't acted against Atletico in first place... they have the biggest debt in La Liga.

Nyx

Also, I'm a big fan of zonal marking, and I've defended it before, but Ajax's second is an example of how it can be exploited. De Jong runs into a zone that isn't being marked, and thus has a free header. From what I saw, Barry leaves his zone to move out and stop him, but it's too late.

Zonal marking during normal play is great, but during set pieces I would definitely tell a squad to man-mark.

EDIT: found it. I can't understand why they didn't acted against Atletico in first place... they have the biggest debt in La Liga.

They will stay afloat for a year or two more after the January transfer window. Reading about Atleticos finances it just sounds like such a giant mess, it's amazing they are even still running.

Guardian's write-up on SAF's 26 year anniversary had this little gem:

'But for all the volatile aggressiveness, he is an incurable joker. During Scotland's World Cup preparations in Santa Fe, New Mexico, he discovered an attractive lounge with a beautiful, white grand piano. He asked the manager about it and was told that it played automatically. For a fee, they could arrange to make it look as though he was playing.

The deal was done and that night Fergie took the entire backroom staff out to dinner. When he offered to play the piano ("I'll admit it's been some time," he said) the disbelief was obvious. But, with every action exaggerated, it came out as pure Semprini.

Teddy Scott, Fergie's colleague at Aberdeen, couldn't recover. "I thought I knew everything," said Teddy. "During his time with us, he has told me everything, described in detail every daft goal he ever scored and all the easy chances he ever missed. He never keeps quiet, but I never knew he could play the piano."'

Just a perfect one-liner. Football will certainly be duller when he's out of the game.

I respect the man hugely. He is the greatest manager ever, (I rate him higher than Wenger, for all the good things he has done for Arsenal) and part of that is his willingness to rebuild Manchester Utd again and again over the years. He may be a huge JT at times, but what manager with his type of ego isn't? Superb, just superb.

The game will lose a big character when he eventually retires.

Also, didn't Arsenal contact him before he went to Utd? I remember reading that somewhere...

Blablurn

Wii U has some sort of Karaoke built into it for Japan. Over 90,000 songs - Japan are going to eat that up. As if we needed more K-Pop and associated GIF's.
They are killing sony. Really. Big time. Good bye sony. U had a nice run. U became the liverpool of the consoles market.

Scum

They are killing sony. Really. Big time. Good bye sony. U had a nice run. U became the liverpool of the consoles market.

5YRcF.gif

Facism

Gold Member
I wasn't wanking, I was trying to prevent cumming but that cat was looking straight at me giving me no privacy at all. That cat was a nightmare, a few weeks later it shit all over my bed when I accidentally locked it into my room when leaving for college.

Video of you wanking whilst a cat observes or i don't believe.

Wilbur

Banned
I think I might cry legitimate male tears when Fergie retires. I can't think who the fuck can take over. Pep will probably go City with the connections and the youth centre, Mourinho won't stay for long wherever he goes.

It's going to be Owen Coyle isn't it?

Fady K

Responses from OT6! OT 7 tomorrow God willing.

Haha this is so true!

This was about how Felix had balls the size of the galaxy for doing what he did. Scary stuff!! Watching it was hard in itself!

No Fady, it looks that way from that far up!

(This was about Felix's nuts being the size of the galaxy). The view from way up gave me goosebumps. The guy was nuts. 10 minutes of free falling. My God.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446258&page=100

It all gets real on this page.

My favourite post so far when reading it back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32064324&postcount=10340

God Bless Fady K!

Easily one of the craziest football matches I have ever witnessed. Insane.

I dont think it was a case of Chelsea frightening them, Bayern was just intimidated by the big stage / playing at home. I mean Chelsea literally had zero pressure before the game, Bayern was expected to win and should've won. Bayern were easily the best team in last years CL and both teams knew it.

Chelsea knew their best chance to win the Final would be a Penalty Shootout and consequently prepared like hell. Heynckes on the other hand doesnt believe in training penalties and it showed. Germany / German teams dominated PK's in the past because they were more prepared, just think of Lehmann in 2006, he already had a list with the tendencies of every the Argentinian player. This time Cech watched every PK Bayern took in the last five years and knew everything about the Bayern players. Sure Neuer most likely did the same, but the Chelsea players trained taking penalties and were prepared to deviate from their normal tendencies, the Bayern players werent.

I think Chelsea were just as intimidated if not more so - playing away from home, at the other team's home ground never sounds like an easy thing at all. Especially against a team who is far more organized on the attack (hence barely registering any shots on target all game). Chelsea had so much pressure as well. If they had not won they would not have been qualified for the Champions League for the first time in 10 years. They were sixth in the league and that might have been horrible had they lost. They were under a lot of pressure because they highly underwhelmed in the league and they had more pressure in the sense that they too lost a Champions League final recently because of a very dumb slip up by John Terry. While I definitely agree with you that Bayern were the better team overall, Chelsea were more efficient with their chances and that is all they could have done to win anything out of it because they are simply not as strong as Bayern's team. Also penalties are never Chelsea's specialty, but they did really well for once.

At least you can be happier now with Bayern's performances overall, they are the definite contenders for the Bundesliga crown.

Viva, Fady and all whom are applicable amongst the FootyGAF crowd: Iid Mubarak.

Thank you kindly Faridmon, I hope you had a pleasant Eid my friend.

Sigh Fady. Would like to hear from him prior to the United Chelsea match-up, but I'm sure he'll grace the thread after the game.

I disgraced myself after the game but God I was angry bro :[ I think it is really unfortunate that it was United that was the opposing team that day as I would have hated on them far less if it was just a normal win without the ref messing it up. Still was the ref's fault though. But it happens to all teams, congrats on your win.

Eid Mubarak to you too bro :)

He's been tweeting about how United scare him :lol

They still scare me man :[

Messi said:
Sunhi
Yurt
FadyK
Woodenlung
FootballFan
Arnie
Baconsaurus
dc54
mumei
Fry8
Wilbs

A few other football gaffers that I missed.

Thank you very much Messi, you are easily among the favorites, as are you FootballFan.

haha, one of the owners of my company came up behind me while I was watching Obama's speech last night and as he says "greatest country in the world" she says, "that's right, until we finish four more years with you"!

And right before that she was talking with someone else about how the Democrats must have been cheating!

faridmon

Wii U has some sort of Karaoke built into it for Japan. Over 90,000 songs - Japan are going to eat that up. As if we needed more K-Pop and associated GIF's.

I am not intrested unless they put One OK ROCK and many of the J-indie there. You hera me Nintendo, I want my Number Girl in the service.

Also, Fady, too late mate :p

Arnie

Has anyone seen the image on the daily mail of Terry buying some CCTV gear in a spy shop? It's fucking hilarious, I'd link it but I'm in Nandos.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Aright footbetters, what about this goal rush for tonight?
Benfica v Spartak Mosc.
Celtic v Barcelona
Chelsea v Shaktar
Braga v United
Plymouth v Burton Albion

Still unsure about the Celtic v barca. But i was only 1 goal off £50 last night so I'm eager for a win.

lolwut

Where did you read that? I don't find anything about that in the local media and Deportivo forums.

Atlético has paid the 50% of their debt with Hacienda in the last two years. In fact, it's one of the few teams that pay.

Kyoufu

Aright footbetters, what about this goal rush for tonight?
Benfica v Spartak Mosc.
Celtic v Barcelona
Chelsea v Shaktar
Braga v United
Plymouth v Burton Albion

Still unsure about the Celtic v barca. But i was only 1 goal off £50 last night so I'm eager for a win.

Eh... Plymouth and Albion are mickey mouse teams. I would never bet on them.

I assume no one in here is gonna bother with BLOPS2?

Skipping COD this year I think...

I'll be getting BLOPS 2 I think.

Clark and Bannan feature in BBC 'Team of the Week'
Ciaran Clark and Barry Bannan on form.

Paul Brown
Villa star duo Ciaran Clark and Barry Bannan received the plaudits after their Sunderland performances.

Both players made it into the BBC 'Team of the Week', published on the BBC Sport website.

The side, chosen by pundit Garth Crooks, included the pair who excelled in the 1-0 win at the Stadium of the Light.

Crooks said: "I had to look twice to work out exactly which player made a crucial tackle on Sunderland's Stephane Sessegnon inside the 18-yard box during the first half of Villa's match against Sunderland.

"It was Ciaran Clark and, in doing so, he saved what would have been a certain goal.

"Villa went on to keep a clean sheet and produced their best performance of the season."

On Bannan, he added: "Robbie Savage must be quaking in his boots!

"He has staked his reputation on Villa going down, but looking at them against Sunderland on Saturday even he must recognise that manager Paul Lambert has got his boys and, in particular Barry Bannan, playing with spirit and commitment.

"Even Alan Hansen backtracked from his previous week's onslaught.

"There might be a few more backtracking about Villa before the season is out."

Team of the Week: Ruddy, Whittaker, Cahill, Clark, Evra, Fellaini, Bannan, Noble, Van Persie, Odemwingie, Suarez.

Bannan also featured in the WhoScored 'Team of the Week'.

Make sure you're here to roar on the lads against Manchester United.
via AVFC.co.uk

Clegg

Millwall start them young.

Millwall ban 13 year old for verbally abusing Bolton's Marvin Sordell

The Football Association has praised Millwall's action against a 13-year-old boy who admitted verbally abusing Bolton's Marvin Sordell. Millwall have banned the teenager from home matches for "the foreseeable future", the Championship club announced in a statement.

The incident happened during the 2-1 victory over Bolton at the Den on 6 October. Sordell alleged that he and several of his team-mates had been racially abused, with himself being referred to as a "slave".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom