• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this game.

EXky9.jpg

Food time :D

Slizz

Hey Slizz, The thread About K-pop is about.... K-pop. Can I post some K-Indie? I am currently addicted to The KOXX

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_matvgbUT721qkv8w1o1_r1_500.gif[img]
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_matvgbUT721qkv8w1o3_r1_500.gif[img]
[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_matvgbUT721qkv8w1o10_r1_500.gif[img]
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_matvgbUT721qkv8w1o11_r1_500.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Lol thats Salazar not I.

Clegg

The Cristiano Ronaldo of 2006/2007 was a more exciting player than the Ronaldo of today imo.

He's a better player now than he was 5/6 years ago but back then he could produce that little bit of magic that made your jaw drop. He's lost that ability imo. He's not as good a dribbler as he used to be.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Andre: "Jake returned to training today, still a bit of discomfort there. Sandro is out but hopeful for the weekend. Rest is as we were"

2u583kk.gif

Blablurn

The Cristiano Ronaldo of 2006/2007 was a more exciting player than the Ronaldo of today imo.

He's a better player now than he was 5/6 years ago but back then he could produce that little bit of magic that made your jaw drop. He's lost that ability imo. He's not as good a dribbler as he used to be.

Couldnt agree more. How many dribblings did he try yesterday? A lot and many times he didnt come through. I saw that against bayern last season today. Of coursr, when there is nothing between him and the goal , hes unstoppable but as u said: his game lacks the magic he used to had. Or look at his freekicks. He did some crazy ones in manchester. Not so many lately.

Arnie

So is tomorrow a must win game for Spurs to stay in the Europa League? They've been really lacklustre in the competition so far, despite AVB really wanting the team to show an intense work ethic and desire.

Clegg

In Sid Lowe's latest article he mentions that SAF was asked who his favourites for the CL are.

The answer he gave was Barcelona, Madrid and Dortmund.

Looks like SAF is very impressed by the Germans.

Kyoufu

In Sid Lowe's latest article he mentions that SAF was asked who his favourites for the CL are.

The answer he gave was Barcelona, Madrid and Dortmund.

Looks like SAF is very impressed by the Germans.

Yep. Hope they win it. Love their yellow kit. :D

Tc91

The view from last night when I went with my brother to watch City get knocked out of the CL. Dat Emptihad.

I lol'd before the kick off and even said to my brother that it was a massive thing to say, the announcer who calls out the teams said this when City were about to kick off.

"Come on City, lets get out ourselves out of this!!"

Massive club.

pulga

Banned
The view from last night when I went with my brother to watch City get knocked out of the CL. Dat Emptihad.

I lol'd before the kick off and even said to my brother that it was a massive thing to say, the announcer who calls out the teams said this when City were about to kick off.

Massive club.

Wait..the "We're not really here" thing is real? I thought it was a 'shop job! :lol :lol :lol

So is tomorrow a must win game for Spurs to stay in the Europa League? They've been really lacklustre in the competition so far, despite AVB really wanting the team to show an intense work ethic and desire.

Yep, lose tomorrow and we are all but out. Panathinaikos aren't going to do us any favours against Mairbor or Lazio. We have Pan and Mairbor at home which we need 6 points from because I don't fancy us away to Lazio.

I'd like us to stay in because as soon as we get Ekotto, Parker, Dembele and Kaboul back we will have a much stronger squad for the knockout games, meaning we can afford to rest 1 or 2 if needed. At the moment we seem stretched with league and cup games and I don't want us to be tired by February....

It's been a pretty poor group overall to be fair though, not one team has looked good, all distinctly average. In fact I think the competition has been average so far, hopefully it picks up past the group stages.

Arnie

Massive club.

Nice.

Let's be honest though, United would be out if they came up against Dortmund, Madrid, and Ajax. We just expect more of City because they're the current champions with a squad built on gallons of oil. Doesn't excuse the fact that Mancini is just inept at managing in Europe.
Yep, lose tomorrow and we are all but out. Panathinaikos aren't going to do us any favours against Mairbor or Lazio. We have Pan and Mairbor at home which we need 6 points from because I don't fancy us away to Lazio.

I'd like us to stay in because as soon as we get Ekotto, Parker, Dembele and Kaboul back we will have a much stronger squad for the knockout games, meaning we can afford to rest 1 or 2 if needed. At the moment we seem stretched with league and cup games and I don't want us to be tired by February....

It's been a pretty poor group overall to be fair though, not one team has looked good, all distinctly average. In fact I think the competition has been average so far, hopefully it picks up past the group stages.

Aye, whilst the group stages might feel like a slog, I would value the cup much higher than both the FA Cup and the Capital One, so the knockout stages take on an added intensity from that. And all the fallen Champions League sides will enter, so the prospect of playing Juventus, maybe City, as well as the likes of Atletico is an added layer of prestige. Saying that I've enjoyed our group; Anzhi and Udinese are both pretty good teams and the competition's made for great fun so far.

D_prOdigy

Is it just me or has Mancini's English appeared to have gotten worse in recent times.

I've never remembered him being quite so lost for phrases as he was when he was talking about that altercation with the cameraman last night.

What I'm saying is, #ManciniOut #RedknappIn

Nice.

Let's be honest though, United would be out if they came up against Dortmund, Madrid, and Ajax. We just expect more of City because they're the current champions with a squad built on gallons of oil. Doesn't excuse the fact that Mancini is just inept at managing in Europe.

Hey, United knocked Ajax out of EL last year! (got spanked in the home leg though)

Dortmund match would be hnnnggg even though we'd get toasted

Madrid would just be please no.

scently

Exactly. Then he could take on players and beat them, he was scoring free kicks for fun and he was nigh on impossible to mark. Now though he is just a goal scoring machine while his other qualities as a footballer has significantly depreciated. I do understand his focus on scoring goals as he is really competing with Messi but the real difference between both of them and why people regard Messi higher is that not only does he score the goals but he can beat as much as 4 players while doing it. Add in the fact that he assist a lot of goals and is actually improving his other footballing skills eg free kicks, it becomes obvious why he is simply better than Ronaldo.

I wish we could have the Ronaldo from 3/4 years ago again, playing for Utd. Le sigh.

Kenka

Death Group is really entertaining. I root for Dortmund but I wouldn't mind seeing more surprises. So far, this group has delivered beyond everyone's wildest expectations.

Randdalf

I recently found out that Fernando Forestieri is on loan at Watford, he was the lynchpin of my Notts County team in FM2010 which won multiple Champions Leagues and Premier League titles... and coincidentally, Watford are sponsored by Football Manager now. He was an assist/goal machine in an attacking midfielder role.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

We have been lacklustre but that's no different to last season, the players don't really seem interested in this competition. We have two draws away from home, one at home against Lazio where the referee ruled out two perfectly good goals, so while the performances haven't been great it's about what I'd expect given our injuries (remember Adebayor has missed every single Europa game). It's easy to forget that we lost to PAOK at home in last seasons competition and that was with Modric, Gallas, and various other senior players starting. I hope a few kids from the development squad play and inject a bit more enthusiasm. I expect to see:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Caulker Naughton
Livermore Carroll
Falque Sigurdsson Bale
Adebayor

Tomorrow is must-win because we need to reassert ourselves after the shambles of a showing the players coughed up against Wigan. It's a good competition once you get out of the group stage and by the time the knockout games roll around the squad will be much stronger.

Also AVB says Dembele doesn't need an operation on his hip and could be available against Arsenal.

Aye, whilst the group stages might feel like a slog, I would value the cup much higher than both the FA Cup and the Capital One, so the knockout stages take on an added intensity from that. And all the fallen Champions League sides will enter, so the prospect of playing Juventus, maybe City, as well as the likes of Atletico is an added layer of prestige. Saying that I've enjoyed our group; Anzhi and Udinese are both pretty good teams and the competition's made for great fun so far.

Indeed, whilst winning the FA Cup would be nice, winning the Europa League would be better for me. Although I would take either at this point.

Can't even see City finishing 3rd so they won't even have Europa to fall back on!

Tc91

Nice.

Oh yeah no doubt we'd probably go out of that group as well. I think it is just a experience thing for City, they will win the CL at some point everyone knows that.

Last night did feel like I was at Ajax's stadium though, the fans were immense maybe it wasn't helped by the fact City were 2-0 down but even at 2-2 the Ajax fans were still in full voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom