• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Oh come on Yurt! You're always there to burst mah bubble.

But if you ever see a banner which says "De Rossi you're welcome to join City" you'll let me know yeah?

Mancini is getting the sack once they drop out of title contention.

Really? I wouldn't have given him a 5 year contract if I was going to sack him a few months/year after. Champions League performances have been a shambles but the league is a marathon not a sprint, they have plenty of time left.

If they destabilise the club with a move like that they could end up with Chelsea levels of shambles, and just make themselves further away from major success to "rebuild". United won 3 titles in a row before Ancelotti joined us and won it, I don't think DC could take it!

Zabojnik

Just checked the calendar, we play Chelsea after Lazio (@ Juventus Stadium). Conte, please, for once, rest Pirlo and however else needs it. I don't give a shit about Serie A right now. Even if we don't qualify, I want to go out in style!

Randdalf

I wish Appleton all the best at Blackpool, he's done a great job at Portsmouth given the various crises we've gone through. He'll be in the Premier League in a few years I reckon.

Kyoufu

Really? I wouldn't have given him a 5 year contract if I was going to sack him a few months/year after. Champions League performances have been a shambles but the league is a marathon not a sprint, they have plenty of time left.

If they destabilise the club with a move like that they could end up with Chelsea levels of shambles, and just make themselves further away from major success to "rebuild". United won 3 titles in a row before Ancelotti joined us and won it, I don't think DC could take it!

I don't think contracts mean much. You can sack a manager at any time and the severance fee is peanuts for City anyway. He was probably given a contract to ease his mind so he can focus on doing his job.

LegoArmo

City's next few league fixtures are hard. They could be quite a way off the top come the end of the year. They'll sack him in January if that's the case, then the new guy can buy a player or two.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just checked the calendar, we play Chelsea after Lazio (@ Juventus Stadium). Conte, please, for once, rest Pirlo and however else needs it. I don't give a shit about Serie A right now. even if we don't qualify, I want to go out in style!

We have a game on Saturday and Pirlo played the full 93 minutes today.
u6yZd.gif

Wilbur

Banned
united are utterly disgusting, and so are chelsea.

You're just jealous your shit team can't do fuck all in Europe.

Caught the second half of the game tonight, didn't look good but it's the win that counts. Rest players for the next game please Fergis.

Celtic you fucking beauties.

Clegg

We're turning into a one man team.

Nani had another poor game, Anderson was decent in some parts and poor in others. Rooney played too deep for 70 minutes and only got into the game when RVP came on and we changed our formation.

Viva: Smalling was decent. Looked good in the air and made some good covering tackles. Evans was very dodgy though.

Celtic YNWA is best YNWA.

Celtic Park is a terrific ground. I hope Anfield isn't as imposing when the renovations are complete. Unlikely anyway because Celtic seem to fill their ground with such diehard supporters and that's probably not going to happen ever again in the PL.

LegoArmo

Please don't steal all our players, Premier League.

Wanyama, Forster, Matthews, Mulgrew, probably all too good to be playing in the SPL. Good thing they're playing in Europe too. Team spirit looks high.

Also impressed with Ambrose, who's just joined the team, and he's fitting right in.

Salvadora

Wanyama, Forster, Matthews, Mulgrew, probably all too good to be playing in the SPL. Good thing they're playing in Europe too. Team spirit looks high.

Also impressed with Ambrose, who's just joined the team, and he's fitting right in.
I don't know why I thought you were a United fan.

Zabojnik

After the match, Conte was walking in the press zone and one journalist celebrated Chelsea's goal infront of him. Words were exchanged.
c0ECO.gif

Come back Conte! I'm already sick of Alessio the mute statue. His subs are okay but we're missing the in-game formation changes desperately.

30 more days ... e saranno cazzi amari per tutti.

Yes, install this & this

Thanks! A classy Inter fan, huh? Well, alright then. :)

Oh come on Yurt! You're always there to burst mah bubble.

But if you ever see a banner which says "De Rossi you're welcome to join City" you'll let me know yeah?

Zeman and DDR don't have the best relationship, if the rumors are to be belived. Don't know if that's enough for him to suddenly leave Roma. He's isn't likely to miss many matches despite any problems he and GOAT manager may have.

Messi

I hope tonight the management at Barca finally seen that this crap at the back wont do. When the january window opens they need to suck it up and buy a center back. They fucked around for the past year trying to turn our defensive mids into central defenders and only one of them can be considered a mild success, Mascherano. Adriano cannot play CB, nor can Sergio (He is awful as a CB). Then they went and bought Song under the con that we needed cover for Sergio. Song has pretty much exclusively played as a cb for us and he is really bad at it. Bartra is young and cant be relied on when it comes down to it, yet.

Also with the way Alves and Alba play it usually leaves us with two men at the back against 2-3 attackers, and when one of them is a mid and the other is a makeshift CB I am not suprised we have conceded this often. Barca have had so many comeback games this season where we score 2-3 goals (much more than the pep era) and it is not because the attackers have been more lethal its because every team is scoring on us at ease. When we come up against bigger teams (the likes of Real, Bayern, Man United, Dortmund, Juve
hi yurt, welcome back
) we will get blown away with this back line and attacking style.

Sure Pique is coming back and alves is just back last week. Buy puyol is still at least a month away and even with all of those back puyol is getting older and more injury prone. We need a CB. A real one. I feel sorry for Valdes having so many different defensive combos. Its pretty clear he is not comfortable behind any of them.

Rosell stop being a cunt and give Tito the money he needs to buy proper defensive players. Tito, stop fucking with the backline. Also stop going to 3 at the back with adriano/masch/alba at the back. It leaves masch exposed pretty badly.

Fuck, that has been annoying me for weeks. Every week we give up stupid goals because we have shit defenders.

Also this was a nice touch

2012-11-06_ENTRENO_13.v1352229521.JPG

Hindle

Banned

Hooper and Forster will defiantly leave IMO.

LegoArmo

I don't know why I thought you were a United fan.

Celtic are the love of my life, United are the girl I call when I'm staying in a hotel somewhere foreign on business.

I'll support Celtic in every single game they play. I'll support United in every single game they play, besides Celtic.

Celtic YNWA is best YNWA.

Celtic Park is a terrific ground. I hope Anfield isn't as imposing when the renovations are complete. Unlikely anyway because Celtic seem to fill their ground with such diehard supporters and that's probably not going to happen ever again in the PL.

Half of it is the fans, the other half is the situation.

We'll never hear another renditon like this at Anfield, unfortunately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQ_kI4Bnng

It's an amazing night for Celtic but in many ways it's sad that a win over Barcelona is such a big moment for them.

The only reason that's the case is because Celtic play in the SPL. If Celtic had been playing in the English Division they would be a football giant on the same level of Real, Milan, Juve, Barca, Bayern, United or Liverpool.

Same story goes for Ajax.

Half of it is the fans, the other half is the situation.

We'll never hear another renditon like this at Anfield, unfortunately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQ_kI4Bnng
The one at the end of that game was better I think. The Chelsea fans spoiled that one :p

Best one I've heard is at Celtic Park about 10 years back after the bombings in Spain. That was just amazing.

LegoArmo

The SPL is in real trouble, if clubs keep folding. Celtic will always be fine, but would like some teams to play against, at least.

Europe this season has been huge. Perfect timing.

Hindle

Banned
Next time United face Barca in a CL final, they should buy the entire Celtic squad, maybe they would actually beat them.

FootballFan

rwvi3.png

Classy stuff.

That's pretty cool. I think it was 2007 CL, I found the Liverpool game to be a classy one too.

After Liverpool eliminated us, our supporters stayed in the stadium, the fans would listen to the other teams fans sing one of their songs and vice versa.

After that the Barca supporters chanted "Liverpool!" while the Liverpool supporters would yell "Barca!" back. Found the vid.
Pretty cool moment...imo.

Clegg

Scottish football is definitely on the decline.

If a 25 year old Henrik Larsson were to show up in the SPL would he even last two seasons before being bought by a PL club?

BTW Larsson was a world class striker imo.

Best forward that Sweden have ever produced.

"The three points were a far bigger return than the hoops deserved from a bizarre game in which they scored with their only two serious attempts on goal"

Author's a cunt. Especially considering Alba getting away with a couple of dives, and Song escaping a second booking on two different occasions.

Did Barca get denied any penalties? No
Were either of Celtic's goal dodgy? No
Were Barca on the receiving end of any major poor decisions? No
Were Barca the beneficiaries of any dodgy decisions? As per usual, yes

Did Barca deserve to win? Fuck no
Did Xavi write that match report? Probably, the patronising, superiority-complex-suffering twat

Zabojnik

That article would've never come out if Pep was still the manager!
Please don't buy Chiellini, if that's a CB that would interest you.

Messi

"The three points were a far bigger return than the hoops deserved from a bizarre game in which they scored with their only two serious attempts on goal"

Author's a cunt. Especially considering Alba getting away with a couple of dives, and Song escaping a second booking on two different occasions.

Did Xavi write that match report? Probably, the patronising, superiority-complex-suffering twat

28899833.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
I know I'm way late, but wow. Had a hellava time at the bar watching the games.

I thought Luiz played surprising well for the most part. But Bertrand was awful. Caught out of position more time than not. It was like we were playing with 5 at the back because Hazard was rotating to cover for Ryan who was floating into the middle. Very frustrating to watch and led to a goal.

Happy we were able to grab the three points, but god damn are they are a resilient side. I have a lot of respect for their players and front office. Shaktar are not to be taken lightly. Be warned.....

FootballFan

Someone in the stadium turned on the sprinklers when Inter eliminated us. I don't think we can convince anyone we are classy. :lol

On that article, meh, it's the Barca site, never going to say "Celtic beat us fair and square, we lost"

eg. I think when Inter beat Juve the sub-heading on Juve's site was "Inter snatch the win to end 49 game streak" or something like that.

Messi

Someone in the stadium turned on the sprinklers when Inter eliminated us. I don't think we can convince anyone we are classy. :lol

On that article, meh, it's the Barca site, never going to say "Celtic beat us fair and square, we lost" eg. I think when Inter beat Juve the sub-heading on Juve's site was "Inter snatch the win to end 49 game streak" or something like that.

The sprinkers was an incredibly shit thing to do. But Mou running around the field was incredibly irritating to me. Show some class. Both teams.

FootballFan

^^Well.. Mourinho is an asshole so it's understandable for you to feel like that.

Looks like it's time to add him to your shit list?

That Mourinho/Sprinkler episode was brilliant IMO.

Was just pure and utter emotion. Mourinho going crazy and Barca just not being able to handle defeat.

In the end it was harmless and it's okay if you're not "classy" 100% of the time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

On that article, meh, it's the Barca site, never going to say "Celtic beat us fair and square, we lost"

eg. I think when Inter beat Juve the sub-heading on Juve's site was "Inter snatch the win to end 49 game streak" or something like that.
The sprinklers was pretty classy actually :p

We have a reason to not like Inter, what's Barca's excuse with Celtic?

Clegg

At times Xavi can be a bit arrogant and condescending. But I think he's a pretty decent bloke overall. He said this in a post-match interview after last nights game.

Xavi on Celtic: "The stadium was marvellous, the fans, the people. It is an example for everyone."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom