• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Jack Robinson travel for the game against Anzhi? We need to get him some gametime, if he succeeds straight away we can save the money that would otherwise be spent on a leftback

ur9aB.jpg

Well that went badly

Arnie

Mourinho's brilliant, true character of the game. Always irks me when people want football to be this utterly sterile, respectful, milk and two sugars sport. Let's have Mourinho running the length of the pitch, let's have Balotelli ripping his shirt off and baring his chest, and let's have Suarez diving at Moyes in a Merseyside derby. Fuck respect, this is football.

Get that into your head.

feel

Mourinho's brilliant, true character of the game. Always irks me when people want football to be this utterly sterile, respectful, milk and two sugars sport. Let's have Mourinho running the length of the pitch, let's have Balotelli ripping his shirt off and baring his chest, and let's have Suarez diving at Moyes in a Merseyside derby. Fuck respect, this is football.

Get that into your head.
Agreed.

Slizz

Get that into your head.

Agree 100%

GQman2121

Banned

Get that into your head.

Couldn't agree more. But the bitter tears also make it that much more awesome in some sick way......

Get that into your head.

Can I hate Mourinho and like the other things?

Kyoufu

Get that into your head.

Brilliant.

The only part of football I hate is when cunts like RVP assault players on the pitch behind the referee's back and get away with it.

I love me a good personality.

Yen

Did Jack Robinson travel for the game against Anzhi? We need to get him some gametime, if he succeeds straight away we can save the money that would otherwise be spent on a leftback

ur9aB.jpg

Well that went badly
Look through my post history. I posted the squad earlier.

The sprinkers was an incredibly shit thing to do. But Mou running around the field was incredibly irritating to me. Show some class. Both teams.
A Champions League final after 40 years, against the best team in the world and you can't even run around the field to celebrate?

Also don't forget Valdes being a dick as usual.

FootballFan

Get that into your head.

Agree but I can't agree with the Mourinho part.

Look through my post history. I posted the squad earlier.

Cheers

Jones, Gulacsi, Cole, Assaidi, Pacheco, Henderson, Coates, Downing, Wilson, Carragher, Suso, Shelvey, Coady, Yesil, Flanagan, Wisdom, Robinson, Morgan, Sama.

For me

569557_Liverpool.jpg

Mourinho is a great pantomime villain, but he's also a brilliant, brilliant manager. He gets the best out of his teams.

Poking Vilanova in the eye took him beyond the boundaries of your Ronaldo-style pantomime villain, and into the relams of your Suarezish utter cunt

Omelette's. Eggs.

Jose was so boss at Chelsea. He seems very sour at Madrid now. But I think he is 100% in control of his behaviour and I think he behaves the way he does at Madrid to help his team.

Not saying it was cool when he poked Tito's eye or some of the other stupid things he's done. It wasn't. But I think it's all part of the game for him. And for me that, in many ways, is something you have to admire.

You can't doubt him as a manager. He's as good as any. And when he wants to be he's charismatic and funny as hell.

FootballFan

It's a requirement to have a massive dick to wear Barca's shirt.

That's right, I'm now rodvik 2.0.

fixed

Oh no!! Rodvik 'claims' he doesn't hate Barca anymore but I am not sure :( Damn Yurt, I like Juve, only like Napoli more lol.

Mourinho poking that guys eye was well over the line for me.

"That guy" is now our coach. I just hated that moment, I don't hate a lot of things, but I hated that. Imagine Wenger or Fergie doing that to any other coach...lol

The fact he got away with no punishment was hilarious too..

IceCold

Omelette's. Eggs.

Jose was so boss at Chelsea. He seems very sour at Madrid now. But I think he is 100% in control of his behaviour and I think he behaves the way he does at Madrid to help his team.

Not saying it was cool when he poked Tito's eye or some of the other stupid things he's done. It wasn't. But I think it's all part of the game for him. And for me that, in many ways, is something you have to admire.

You can't doubt him as a manager. He's as good as any. And when he wants to be he's charismatic and funny as hell.

I think it's because of the league he's in. I feel like the British appreciate his behaviour more than the Spaniards/Italians.

How was he in Italy? I know a lot of coaches hated his guts.

Yen

Cheers

Jones, Gulacsi, Cole, Assaidi, Pacheco, Henderson, Coates, Downing, Wilson, Carragher, Suso, Shelvey, Coady, Yesil, Flanagan, Wisdom, Robinson, Morgan, Sama.

There's a team doing the rounds on rawk that's 352. Flanagan and Downing as wing backs, Coady in midfield, and Yesil and Cole up front.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Damn Yurt, I like Juve, only like Napoli more lol.

That's like saying you like Salazar AND Kermit. Or (for Kyoufouo) you like Edward AND Jacob!

PICK A SIDE!

IceCold said:
How was he in Italy? I know a lot of coaches hated his guts.

He insulted pretty much everyone in Italy, lol. I thought he was funny. Annoying, but funny.

FootballFan

That's like saying you like Salazar AND Kermit. Or (for Kyoufouo) you like Edward AND Jacob!

PICK A SIDE!

NO! Fady can support 50 teams why can't I just like 2 italian ones. I don't have any reason to hate either, yet(wait til we meet in round of 16).

Arnie

Wasn't even the best goal in that game.

Eh, about the eye poking, sure, it's the morally wrong thing to do, but it was entertaining as fuck for me and my friends. I can sit back, cross my arms, and shake my head, but I'd rather laugh and admire Mourinho's eccentricity. He chats shit sometimes, most memorably for me when he used to talk about events relating to Liverpool, he could do things he just shouldn't do, such as the eye poking, but I won't lambast him for either, it's just part of being the manager that he is.

My favourite Mourinho press conference was when he named the Barca team.

Fry

Get that into your head.

This.

I fucking love Mourinho. The fact that he's still young is reassuring, he'll be around for many years (if he doesn't get tired of managing).

Henke

It's an amazing night for Celtic but in many ways it's sad that a win over Barcelona is such a big moment for them.

The only reason that's the case is because Celtic play in the SPL. If Celtic had been playing in the English Division they would be a football giant on the same level of Real, Milan, Juve, Barca, Bayern, United or Liverpool.

Same story goes for Ajax.

The Scottish leagues have better attendance per capita than most countries in Europe (England included), a history of punching above it's weight in European competition and a decent quality of football. It's bad luck that it's constantly compared to the bloated, sell out of a mess that is the English Premier League just down the road from us. The league is recovering from 20 years of trying to match levels of spending from down south (look at Rangers - lol) and has lost it's way in terms of youth development, but that's a whole other story.

I hear your sentiments with regards to teams like Ajax, Belgrade, Anderlecht, etc. Sadly it's the Champions League that's to blame for the decline of football outside of a few specific leagues. It was pretty much set up with a dozen teams in mind, the objective being to make them richer. It ain't going to change while football whore itself around the world as a self-declared 'product'. It's a sport, and it's one where the goals have been moved for most teams.

Saying that, I've never been prouder to be a Celtic fan. It feels good to know that people all over the continent have been able to witness the resurgence of Celtic Park as an absolute fortress on European nights, partly down to the incredible support. Hail hail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom