• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell, is this real?

YodHL.jpg

Clearly Barca won.

I think it's because of the league he's in. I feel like the British appreciate his behaviour more than the Spaniards/Italians.

How was he in Italy? I know a lot of coaches hated his guts.

He was hated by almost everyone, loved by inter fans obviously and his interviews were always entertaining, i mean in his first press conference he said a word in milanese dialect(which to some of you probably isn't saying much but he had just arrived in italy). :lol

Arnie

The Scottish leagues have better attendance per capita than most countries in Europe (England included),

I don't like this argument. The Championship has a better attendance per capita than Serie A; which one would you rather watch, play in, or win?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
man, teams with tall players that park the bus are our achilles heel we always suffer with teams like Celtic/Chelsea.

Henke

I don't like this argument. The Championship has a better attendance per capita than Serie A; which one would you rather watch, play in, or win?

Which would I rather watch? The one that my team competes in, easy. In this case the SPL. I don't see your point here, especially since I only used the attendances as a way to suggest there was still value to the Scottish leagues. It wasn't my intention to compare it to any other league out with this.

Scum

I hope tonight the management at Barca finally seen that this crap at the back wont do. When the january window opens they need to suck it up and buy a center back. They fucked around for the past year trying to turn our defensive mids into central defenders and only one of them can be considered a mild success, Mascherano. Adriano cannot play CB, nor can Sergio (He is awful as a CB). Then they went and bought Song under the con that we needed cover for Sergio. Song has pretty much exclusively played as a cb for us and he is really bad at it. Bartra is young and cant be relied on when it comes down to it, yet.

Also with the way Alves and Alba play it usually leaves us with two men at the back against 2-3 attackers, and when one of them is a mid and the other is a makeshift CB I am not suprised we have conceded this often. Barca have had so many comeback games this season where we score 2-3 goals (much more than the pep era) and it is not because the attackers have been more lethal its because every team is scoring on us at ease. When we come up against bigger teams (the likes of Real, Bayern, Man United, Dortmund, Juve
hi yurt, welcome back
) we will get blown away with this back line and attacking style.

Sure Pique is coming back and alves is just back last week. Buy puyol is still at least a month away and even with all of those back puyol is getting older and more injury prone. We need a CB. A real one. I feel sorry for Valdes having so many different defensive combos. Its pretty clear he is not comfortable behind any of them.

Rosell stop being a cunt and give Tito the money he needs to buy proper defensive players. Tito, stop fucking with the backline. Also stop going to 3 at the back with adriano/masch/alba at the back. It leaves masch exposed pretty badly.

Fuck, that has been annoying me for weeks. Every week we give up stupid goals because we have shit defenders.

Also this was a nice touch

2012-11-06_ENTRENO_13.v1352229521.JPG
Chiellini, £35m.

Salazar

We were quite abysmal there.

A bit of gash selection, a lack of effort. You can't play like that and expect to be able to snap out of it when you want to.

Wes

venison crêpe
If we had to assemble a team to play against aliens for the fate of all sea life, who would you want as the manager.

Stats taken from the Guardian. Barcelona's perspective

Celtic at home: 2

-1 goal: -3 = -1
+5 shots on target: +5 = 4
+17 shots off target: +8.5 = 12.5
+1 suspension: +0.5 = 13
0 penalties
+5 corners: +2.5 = 15.5
+3 fouls: +1.5 = 17
-1 yellow: -1 = 16
0 reds
+68% possession: +68 = 84
+29% passing accuracy: +14.5 = 98.5

Barcelona deserved to win by 98.5 points

So then, resident Celtic fans. How does it feel to have deserved a record breaking Champions League loss?

K1LLER7

Stats taken from the Guardian. Barcelona's perspective

Celtic at home: 2

-1 goal: -3 = -1
+5 shots on target: +5 = 4
+17 shots off target: +8.5 = 12.5
+1 suspension: +0.5 = 13
0 penalties
+5 corners: +2.5 = 15.5
+3 fouls: +1.5 = 17
-1 yellow: -1 = 16
0 reds
+68% possession: +68 = 84
+29% passing accuracy: +14.5 = 98.5

Barcelona deserved to win by 98.5 points

So then, resident Celtic fans. How does it feel to have deserved a record breaking Champions League loss?

Guess all your bets come good using this formula :p

LegoArmo

Tony Watt scored against Barcelona for Celtic in the NextGen Series last year, and tonight he scored against the big boys as well.

It's good to see youth on the big stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom