• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindle

Banned
It's hard picking the semi final teams this year, I'm thinking:

Bayern
Madrid
Dortmund

The forth team is hard. The predictable choice would be Barca but hmm it's obvious. Porto are looking strong as well.

Also the Liverpool version of YNWA is still the best, the song as actual meaning to them what with Hillsborough.

Seanbob11

Bayern
Madrid
Dortmund

The forth team is hard. The predictable choice would be Barca but hmm it's obvious. Porto are looking strong as well.

Also the Liverpool version of YNWA is still the best, the song as actual meaning to them what with Hillsborough.

I hope you've been to Parkhead before you said that? I haven't been to Anfield so I can't comment on how it is but Parkhead is spine tingling!

Didn't Liverpool start singing it cos they always used to play the top of the charts records at the time and when YNWA was #1 it just somehow stuck and the fans kept singing it even after it dropped out of the charts.

Something fairly innocuous which obv has greater meaning now.

Edit - Not sure how it ended up on the club badge though..sure one of the LFC fans will know.

dc89

Everyone hear about the Olympic Stadium in London?

Going to sit empty now until 2015 at the earliest despite massive amounts of interest from West Ham and Layton Orient. Not to mention the other parties interested in it. I think F1 put a idea forward to utilise it and the surrounding area as a F1 track.

But no, after we pat ourselves on the back for a job well done this happens. Sporting legacy my arse.

Kyoufu

Going to sit empty now until 2015 at the earliest despite massive amounts of interest from West Ham and Layton Orient. Not to mention the other parties interested in it. I think F1 put a idea forward to utilise it and the surrounding area as a F1 track.

But no, after we pat ourselves on the back for a job well done this happens. Sporting legacy my arse.

Chelsea should use it.

Hopefully Barcelona are drawn against more British teams. They just can't deal with a real solid bus of a defense so it's easy money.

cincerts?

elseanio

Didn't Liverpool start singing it cos they always used to play the top of the charts records at the time and when YNWA was #1 it just somehow stuck and the fans kept singing it even after it dropped out of the charts.

Something fairly innocuous which obv has greater meaning now.

Edit - Not sure how it ended up on the club badge though..sure one of the LFC fans will know.

The "Shankly Gates" were erected in 1982. I suppose the design was chosen because the anthem came about during Shankly's reign as manager. The design was then added to the crest in 1992, for our centenary design.

Linius

Dc28, how was your first CL experience? Hope you enjoyed it despite the outcomes of the match :p

Oh and Halo Gaf, gonna get the game tomorrow. It's killing me that I can't play now :p

edit: aaargh, was put on hold by some company on the phone and they put on some Toto. Now I'll be singing that the rest of the day :(

Arnie

Couldn't stop laughing at this last night.

tumblr_md61vird0t1qgpj8fo1_250.gif

dc89

Dc28, how was your first CL experience? Hope you enjoyed it despite the outcomes of the match :p

Oh and Halo Gaf, gonna get the game tomorrow. It's killing me that I can't play now :p

edit: aaargh, was put on hold by some company on the phone and they put on some Toto. Now I'll be singing that the rest of the day :(

It was good!

s12Mol.jpg

Crazy Ajax fans!!! Some good banter between the two fans. Ajax had a drum going all match long and the City fans were singing "can you sing, can you sing, can you sing without your drum!"

Wes

venison crêpe
Atmosphere @ celtic park on a champions league night just cannot be beaten. The banner from the Green Brigade was the best I have ever seen @ a football match.

You watch Messi's face when the display goes up. He is simply amazed by it!

Well done Celtic!!

good to see all the doom and gloom (pro zombies) pundits be shut up again.

Any video of the banner? I missed it on TV.

Linius

Haha, good to hear. And I don't know what kind of fans of ours travel to away games. But we sure have some crazy guys. There's one group in home games that is always jumping with their backs towards the field, like the Celtic supporters did yesterday.

I still have never visited a CL game myself. If we get in to the EL I'm going to visit a match in the knock out stages.

Kyoufu

It was good!

s12Mol.jpg

Crazy Ajax fans!!! Some good banter between the two fans. Ajax had a drum going all match long and the City fans were singing "can you sing, can you sing, can you sing without your drum!"

Ajax fans actually filled their stand...

Shame on you City fans.

Messi

I was shocked to hear Messi's Irish accent. Until a week ago, I thought he lived in Spain lol. I also confuse Wilbury and Wilkiller quite often.

P.S.

Saw the RVP goal. It still hurts. :(

You are Starfleets? A lot of people here think I am Spanish because I only talk about La Liga.

Messis accent surprised me too. I knew he was Irish but his accent is awesome :lol

Haha I never thought I had a strong accent until you guys started pointing it out.

fuenf

Bayern
Madrid
Dortmund

i think we could see a few surprises this year, the possibility of Real, Chelsea / Juve, PSG finishing 2nd could make for some interesting round of 16 matches.

Bayern's worst possible path to the title: Chelsea, Real, Barca and Dortmund (@Wembley). -_- With Dortmund winning the final, of course. :( I'd quit football forever should that happen.

Bayern's worst possible path to the title: Chelsea, Real, Barca and Dortmund (@Wembley). -_- With Dortmund winning the final, of course. :( I'd quit football forever should that happen.

Would be the the next step at trolling Bayern lol

German League und cup got boring :D

GorillaJu

Dc726 can you be Nintendo ambassador for FootyGaf and tell us what we should be excited about with Wii U?

I just can't muster up any excitement. Maybe I just need a good Zelda game... But then again the last few Zelda games I really didn't like ;(

Inform us, Mr Ambassador

Kyoufu

Dc726 can you be Nintendo ambassador for FootyGaf and tell us what we should be excited about with Wii U?

I just can't muster up any excitement. Maybe I just need a good Zelda game... But then again the last few Zelda games I really didn't like ;(

Inform us, Mr Ambassador

Two reasons I'm getting it:

1. Monster Hunter

2. Bayonetta 2

Inform us, Mr Ambassador

Reason 1 - First party games.

All you need.

Kenka

Winners:
Code:
FC Blablurn
Barça
ManU
Chelsea
Dortmund
Malaga
Schalke
Porto

Runner-up:
Code:
Valencia
Celtic
Galatasaray
Shakhtar
Real
Milan
Arsenal
PSG

Pairs:
Code:
[B]Real[/B]         Porto (fuck yeah!)
Galatasaray  [B]Schalke[/B] (fans- and context-wise, the tie of the century)
Shakhtar     [B]Malaga[/B]
Milan        [B]Dortmund[/B]
[B]PSG[/B]          Chelsea (money laundry duel)
Celtic       [B]FC Blablurn[/B]
Arsenal      [B]Barça[/B] (sorry guys)
Valencia     [B]ManU[/B]

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Inform us, Mr Ambassador

Pikmin-3.jpg

I don't think I'll be able to troll WiiU in this thread. It may be a technological failure, but it will probably turn out to be a commercial success. So the opposite of the Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom