• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

This thread just took a turn for the worst.

pSsZJ.jpg

Kyoufu

I don't think I'll be able to troll WiiU in this thread. It may be a technological failure, but it will probably turn out to be a commercial success. So the opposite of the Vita.

Pretty much, but I doubt Wii U will be as big as the Wii was. There's no casual gimmick attached to it this time.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh god, people getting excited about the Wii U.

I'm excited about the games. Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Rayman, Zombi U, Wonderful 101, Mario, etc. I don't give a shit what's inside the console casing.

Pretty much, but I doubt Wii U will be as big as the Wii was. There's no casual gimmick attached to it this time.

There's is (the touchscreen) but the problem is that it's not exactly new any more.

I'm excited about the games. Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Rayman, Zombi U, Wonderful 101, Mario, etc. I don't give a shit what's inside the console casing.

People say this, but they still go ahead and buy the console at launch. Why now wait for a pricedrop + better and cheap selection of games?

Arnie

Are you excited about those games enough to drop £270 on that hardware?

I think Pikmin will be great. All included, I don't think it'll be worth £300.

Kyoufu

There's is (the touchscreen) but the problem is that it's not exactly new any more.

Casuals who bought a Wii for Wii Sports/Fit wouldn't be interested in the tablet controller when they already own an iPad.

Same reason why 3DS/Vita are doing poorly outside of Japan.

Wilbur

Banned
This thread just took a turn for the worst.

Kyoufu answer this question.

Two Newcastle United players approach you. One is Shola. One is Mike Williamson. Shola asks if you can lend him half a million. For this he will repay you in a goal against Sunderland every season (however this does not necessarily mean you will win). Mike asks if you can lend him a fiver. For this he will repay you with a long meaningful kiss right on your mouth (however this does not necessarily mean you will become betrothed).

What do you do?

Kyoufu

Two Newcastle United players approach you. One is Shola. One is Mike Williamson. Shola asks if you can lend him half a million. For this he will repay you in a goal against Sunderland every season (however this does not necessarily mean you will win). Mike asks if you can lend him a fiver. For this he will repay you with a long meaningful kiss right on your mouth (however this does not necessarily mean you will become betrothed).

What do you do?

I'd go for the kiss because Sunderland probably won't be in the PL next season so my investment wouldn't be worth it.

dc89

Dc726 can you be Nintendo ambassador for FootyGaf and tell us what we should be excited about with Wii U?

I just can't muster up any excitement. Maybe I just need a good Zelda game... But then again the last few Zelda games I really didn't like ;(

Inform us, Mr Ambassador

Wow, how fitting of you to think of me as The Nintendo Ambassador to Football GAF. After all, I am a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador :D Well as people mention, the first party games will be pretty sweet. Also if they can deliver the media content they have lined up for America and stuff it could be pretty cool! Be interesting to see how Netflix, YouTube etc could all work with the Game Pad!

But for me, the Wara Wara Plaza and how they are going to incorporate that into games looks really cool and something completely different.
See the plaza here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZIpfOEb_80
One way it can be utilised - Basically if you're stuck you'll be able to take a screen shot of a puzzle or something and put it out to your friends and see if they can help!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wii U, lol.

What do you do?

You know, we had someone like Shola a few years ago.

Meet Marcelo Zalayeta.

JuveRMdZala3.jpg

16 goals in 100+ games. Two of them were crucial extra time winners against Real Madrid and Barcelona in the CL.

He did miss a penalty in the final though.

faridmon

Ueda leaving team ICO and Chelsea winning CL, two huge events that both killed football and gaming, it's sad but I don't think it's a coincidence it happened that closely together.

So where does the PC gaming come into the time-space Football-gaming phenomenon?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon
“We hadn’t lost motivation, as that can’t just disappear overnight. As I said after the Inter game, when coming off such a long unbeaten run it can build your confidence and eat into that grit and hunger that got you there. It’s a human reaction."

Well that's one way of saying we looked arrogant as fuck since August. Our game with Roma was the *only* good performance so far.

Who do you guys think will win the Europa League? Any strong favourite?

Falcao?

bud

i'm watching zidane videos on youtube, and i just think of any player who's better than him. his control over the ball, his passing, his dribbling; he always looked so calm (even when he was injuring players, and headbutting matarazzi), and he was like a ballet dancer--everything looked so incredibly fluid. and he could score goals.

i see messi and ronaldo, but they don't have his fluidity. at times iniesta kinda sorta reminds me of him, but that's about as far as i'd go.

so yeah, zidane > your favorite player.

i'm watching zidane videos on youtube, and i just think of any player who's better than him. his control over the ball, his passing, his dribbling; he always looked so calm (even when he was injuring players, and headbutting matarazzi), and he was like a ballet dancer--everything looked so incredibly fluid. and he could score goals.

i see messi and ronaldo, but they don't have his fluidity. at times iniesta kinda sorta reminds me of him, but that's about as far as i'd go.

so yeah, zidane > your favorite player.

But what if Zidane is my favourite player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom