• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I'll have to dig it up -- I read it in an article from either The Telegraph or The Guardian some weeks back.

Edit: It's going to be too hard to find it. Maybe I read it wrong -- I know I remember reading that the academy has produced over 40 first team players in the PL since its inception (1998) though.

We should just put the kids from the B team on the senior squad. They are bossing the 2nd Divison playing against teams full of experience.

Yay a goal...

ibaLnR1nUTKbh6.gif

Partizan deserved better, we were pretty bad but with all the injuries and all those shitty reserves we have like FUCKING JONATHAN it's already difficult to show up for the games without being ashamed let alone win them. :lol
Thank god for Guarin/Palacio/Handanovic

Splatt

Partizan deserved better, we were pretty bad but with all the injuries and all those shitty reserves we have like FUCKING JONATHAN it's already difficult to show up for the games without being ashamed let alone win them. :lol
Thank god for Guarin/Palacio/Handanovic

Nah, we didn't deserve better. We didn't take our chances, unlike you. Congrats, Inter was the better team tonight and deserved the win :) Also, Handanovic is so good.

Oh well, I'm just glad we finally managed to score in EL...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's alright Splatt there's no shame in losing.

ibaLnR1nUTKbh6.gif

Yay, it was needed. If Sporting goes on bottling, Portugal will not pass you next year. But it's gonna be tough, I won't hide it. Give the max!

Milan will save Serie A in Europe, no worries.

Yen

I'll have to dig it up -- I read it in an article from either The Telegraph or The Guardian some weeks back.

Edit: It's going to be too hard to find it. Maybe I read it wrong -- I know I remember reading that the academy has produced over 40 first team players in the PL since its inception (1998) though.

That doesn't seem very impressive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
After introducing 'Top Player' to the Italian lexicon, Marotta is parroting a new phrase now - 'Utopian Discourse'.

"[Robin]van Persie, Higuain, [Luis] Suarez and Dzeko? They are great names, but it is almost a utopian way to think. I don't speak only for Juventus, but for all the Italian teams. We are in a time of great decline, so I think it's really difficult to imagine that a team may invest more than €30 million for a player of this quality."

30m is too much for a striker, but it's not too much for 3 bench players?

jn4hX3L423o7C.jpg

I didn't even get to watch the match tonight :( Stupid project. I text my mate who was watching though and told him Defoe was shit, so I guess that still works.

edit: Fuuuuck Bale's cross for the first was perfect. I sometimes wonder why he always tries to power past players when he can just swing them in like that. Oh yeah, because Defoe...

Splatt

I'd like to be able to tell my grandchildren the story of when Marrota bought a world class striker.

Seems that ain't happening.

It's alright Splatt there's no shame in losing.

http://i.minus.com/ibaLnR1nUTKbh6.gif[img]

[B]Milan will save Serie A in Europe, no worries[/B].[/QUOTE]

Yeah, of course. You people just have to believe in Allegri and in Traorè, our next secret weapon that nobody knows about, not even Traorè himself and/or his parents/agent/dog.

Fry

I didn't even get to watch the match tonight :( Stupid project. I text my mate who was watching though and told him Defoe was shit, so I guess that still works.

edit: Fuuuuck Bale's cross for the first was perfect. I sometimes wonder why he always tries to power past players when he can just swing them in like that. Oh yeah, because Defoe...

After reading this post, you'd think he didn't score a FUCING HAT-TRICK.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd like to be able to tell my grandchildren the story of when Marrota bought a world class striker.

Seems that ain't happening.

You can tell them the story of a man who got fired for not keeping his word.

Or buy them a PS Vita after promising them a fancy console for Christmas.

Yeah, of course. You people just have to believe in Allegri and in Traorè, our next secret weapon that nobody knows about, not even Traorè himself and/or his parents/agent/dog.
Don't say that TheLucifer! WE NEED YOU! You know silver medals don't count for much in the co-efficient, our hands are tied!
No, not with handcuffs hurr durr

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dawson's passing stats tonight: 96% on 72 passes with 21/21 over 25 yards.

It was mind-blowing how accurate his long passes were today, fantastic display from him, they are usually utter dogshit.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I really love some of the away supports in the EL. I wish there was some way to make the tournament more exciting (maybe moving back to a 2 group stage CL, with the winner of the EL group stage moving into a 4th seed place in the CL?). The 2 CL stages were always a bore, though..

Ushojax

He was fucking awesome on FIFA last year.

He was awesome in real life. As long as he didn't leave shooting range, where he immediately became as effective as piece of furniture. He scored some absurd goals and used both feet well. Harry took the piss out of him by giving him just 2 matches from August to January last season, I would have been happy to keep him as 3rd choice but Harry shat on him like all our squad players (Kranjcar, Pienaar, Corluka, etc).

Ushojax

When you think about it Pavlyuchenko is just a taller version of Defoe that can score from outside the box. I like him more though.

The thing with Pav was that the goals came out of nowhere. Defoe you always expect him to score. But Pav would often take the most diabolical touch, almost fall over trying to turn and then unleash the most astonishing strike. Most of his goals had me doing this:

ZioFs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom