• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Google 'Bloody Sunday' ye silly cunts.

I get why he wouldn't want to wear one, but its not the first thing he's done in a few weeks. Seems a little naive to me, considering he's been in trouble recently for other things he's said.

And to be fair, it's not the same British military. It's a generation of soldiers removed from each other, if its still being used mostly to refer to the World War One/Two soldiers. Might be wrong there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lazio - Roma is a must must watch tomorrow. It's two hours before Chelsea - Liverpool and Stekelenburg is injured. Goals galore.

I get why he wouldn't want to wear one, but its not the first thing he's done in a few weeks. Seems a little naive to me, considering he's been in trouble recently for other things he's said.

And to be fair, it's not the same British military. It's a generation of soldiers removed from each other.
It's the same military whose commander in chief didn't have the courtesy to apologise for decades.

Wilbur

Banned
It's the same military whose commander in chief didn't have the courtesy to apologise for decades.

Yeah, fair enough.

Just think there's better ways to go about it, again considering what he's been up to on Twitter and stuff. He'll gain himself a reputation.

kharma45

I understand why McClean didn't wear one and he did at least respect the minutes silence, still doesn't make him any less of a ballroot.

Bumhead

Banned
Google 'Bloody Sunday' ye silly cunts.

Wind your fucking neck in.

Miss the bit where I made it clear I appreciated the freedom of choice over the poppy?

I'm just not particularly interested in why people don't. Everyone has their own reasoning to either wear one or not. MacLean has his reasons and fair enough, they sound pretty legitimate, but for every legitimate non-wearer of a poppy there seems to be an up their own arse twat telling the world why they don't and kicking off a song and dance about it for some bullshit reason.

McClean shouldn't wear the poppy if he doesn't want to. As long as he doesn't show any disrespect, and doesn't make a twat of himself in the silence, he can do what he wants.

Yeah, fair enough.

Just think there's better ways to go about it, again considering what he's been up to on Twitter and stuff. He'll gain himself a reputation.
Yeah McLean seems like a bit of an idiot so it was probably ill advised...but, if it's a principle which he does truly feel very strongly about, then it must be hard to put that aside just for the sake of PR.

Only he knows if he made his choice genuinely.

isQ7nLYbPFMYk.gif

pKsoQ.png

I'm sorry

Clegg

Surprised too Brian O'Driscoll didn't wear one on TV today yet Keith Wood did.

Wood lives in England and does a lot of work for the BBC. He knows where his bread is buttered.

Drico was only brought in as a guest panelist in a once off capacity. He's still playing rugby and will be back for Ireland as soon as he's recovered from injury. It's not such a big deal for him to not wear the poppy.

kharma45

Wood lives in England and does a lot of work for the BBC. He knows where his bread is buttered.

Drico was only brought in as a guest panelist in a once off capacity. He's still playing rugby and will be back for Ireland as soon as he's recovered from injury. It's not such a big deal for him to not wear the poppy.

Suppose so, just sort of expected him to have one on too.

Poppy wearing is a bit of a dodgy issue. On one hand McClean clearly has his politics and doesn't fancy wearing one. On the other hand he is living in England, employed by and representing an English club, who I should imagine would want their team to be showing support.

As for respecting the silence. Well, he really isn't left with any other choice. So I don't think you can take much from that regardless of what side you're coming from.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Anyone watching Tokyo Drift on ITV? I've seen this film about 5 times on TV and it gets better every time. Masterpiece of cinema.

Not going to dive into this poppy debate...
No good can come of it. I know it too well. :lol

Slizz

Let's talk about how great tomorrow will be.

- Chelsea x Liverpool
- my dad's making barbecue
- MTV EMA with The Killers performing
- Homeland, Dexter, The Walking Dead

Whats he cookin?

I'm making turkey burgers with grilled apples and brie for tomorrow.

kharma45

- Chelsea x Liverpool
- my dad's making barbecue
- MTV EMA with The Killers performing
- Homeland, Dexter, The Walking Dead

EMA time already? Can't believe it's been a year since it was here already.

Wilbur

Banned
So...

lets talk relegation

Sunderland
Villa
Reading
Southampton
QPR

which 3 would you pick?

Reading and Southampton unfortunately. Reading don't have the quality in attack, Southampton don't have the quality in defence. Neither manager should be sacked though; it shocks me that Adkins has been promoted twice in a row and might be sacked. I think newly promoted clubs are a bit too ambitious at times; they go on about finishing 17th but it might be refreshing to find a chairman that accepts relegation is a huge prospect and uses parachute payments in order to get them back up there and keep them there with the huge cash influx, instead of sacking them in January when they're obviously in trouble.

Out of the others, I can see Sunderland staying up by the skin of their teeth but they don't have enough quality through the squad at the moment. Villa will stay up because Lambert will get them going soon enough, the spirit today was fantastic. QPR or Norwich for me; Norwich don't have Premier League quality throughout the squad and its only because Lambert's such a good manager they were as high as they were last year. QPR are a fucking mess. They have the squad to stay up but unless Hughes goes (goes against what I've said about Reading and Southampton, but its a different prospect) and someone that can pick a settled side and knows what to do with money comes in, they're gone. And paying Granero's/Park's/Cisse's/Cesar's wages in the Championship is going to be difficult as fuck.

Fry

Whats he cookin?

I'm making turkey burgers with grilled apples and brie for tomorrow.

That sounds delicious.

He's making the typical barbecue from around here. Filet steak and such.

i'm actually listening to day & age at the moment.

"space man" is one of those songs that always cheers me up.

I love it, it's one of my favorites; but it has to be the live version. It's a massive upgrade over the studio one.

Arnie

Not for me, I'm sandwiching Super Sunday with copious amounts of essay writing and audio editing. I anticipate quite a few cups of tea.

Putting a win at the Bridge on my christmas list and hoping for an early gift from Santa.

juanpablo

Banned
*googles bloody sunday*

*goes listen to the U2 song*

I'd rather get shot in the back by the British Army whilst peacefully protesting rather then have to listen to those cunts.

being a twit on twatter is one thing, not wearing a poppy is a completely different kettle of fish.

And to be fair, it's not the same British military. It's a generation of soldiers removed from each other, if its still being used mostly to refer to the World War One/Two soldiers. Might be wrong there.

British Army are still killing innocents abroad in 2012, just like they were 1972. It's the same institution.

As for the Poppy debate itself, I have no issue with the wearing of them. the RBL sell them here in Ireland too, indeed I passed by a poppy seller today on my to work. But its just most people don't wear them (bar South Dublin maybe). So why the big fuss in S'land about Jimbo McClean not wearing one? It's no one's business but his own as to whether he wears one or not.

Anyone watching Tokyo Drift on ITV? I've seen this film about 5 times on TV and it gets better every time. Masterpiece of cinema.

No good can come of it. I know it too well. :lol

Uh oh I saw you appear then and expected a telling off

Like I said guys I apologise for bringing it up, emotive issue and all that any comment directed at me will be about it will be responded to with pictures of random footballers (mainly with dreadlocks)

Wilbur

Banned

Didn't like the first four Fast & Furious films, but I have no qualms in saying number five is one of the best action films of this millennium so far. Such fucking fun. The Rock is a god in that film.

Fry

EMA time already? Can't believe it's been a year since it was here already.

Yup. And apparently these bands will be performing:

Taylor Swift, No Doubt, Muse, Alicia Keys, The Killers, Psy, Pitbull, Carly Rae Jepsen, fun., and Rita Ora!

SO GOOD.

Anyway fucker I've decided we are watching Home Alone tomorrow, Christmas in November and I'm 28 now so I can't get told no!

Fuck yes may even make a roast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom