• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to keep dragging it on but just want to say I don't think your posts were extreme or anything at all. No need to feel like you were going in too strong. Perfectly valid point of view held by many people I think.

And:

n_manchester_united_bebe-1883233.jpg

Good dreads there who is it? I can't believe I picked Abou over Benjani

I let myself and my family down

Hindle

Banned
Back on topic , the championship really is an awesome league. Pretty much filled with ex EPL teams. Very hard to predict who will go up this year.

Wilbur

Banned
Do you have a shit taste like your brother?

Don't answer it's rhetorical

UsiJl.gif

Best bands in the world right now off the top of my head are Radiohead, Wild Beasts, Antony & The Johnsons, Vampire Weekend and Arctic Monkeys in my opinion. Can't think who else.

Arnie

Stupid cunt fart Willkiller took mah damn job. He is resident Jimmy now.

I applied at Waterstones today. A Tuesday and Sunday faffing about with books and talking to intellectuals that want Will Self novels and mums looking for the Star Wars annual, only to take them both home and fuck them in my bourgeoisie wine parlour? PLEASE
I prefer luring the Bargain Booze clientele back to my proletariat palace.
Nice selective quoting there. Now kindly fawk off, don't be telling me what I can or cannot say, there's a good lad.

You asked for the taunts, they're the taunts.

I will tell you what you shouldn't be saying when it's got the potential to cause offence, and is wholly unnecessary. To be honest, I don't really see you as someone with impeccable social skills anyway, so I suppose it's to be expected. Carry on and see how far you get on your quest to have a civil fucking conversation.

Wilbur

Banned
Back on topic , the championship really is an awesome league. Pretty much filled with ex EPL teams. Very hard to predict who will go up this year.

Yeah, good shit. Palace are looking class. Darren Ferguson said Zaha was the best player in the league today. I can't think of many better, he's so exciting to watch.

juanpablo

Banned
I realised I sounded like a raving BNP cuntface and I'm really not like that I just always associate rememberance sunday with my grandad who was my hero and always wore his ww2 medal with pride on the day, so much so we scattered his ashes that day, emotion takes over any logic or rational thought for me there

That's fair enough, but surely you'll agree its a person's right to wear a poppy as they see fit?If they choose not to then surely its none of your concern?

Fry

http://i.imgur.com/UsiJl.gif[IMG]

Best bands in the world right now off the top of my head are Radiohead, Wild Beasts, Antony & The Johnsons, Vampire Weekend and Arctic Monkeys in my opinion. Can't think who else.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with Arctic Monkeys.

I can also vouch for Green Day and Coldplay being shit (nowadays.)

Muse is still good. And The Killers are fucking awesome, deal with it. They'll blow you away tomorrow.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L03-j1KKG8]This was their last performance at the EMA.[/url]

They beat everyone else that night, and let's not even talk about the awesome stage.

Hindle

Banned
This is a silly response.

edit: Hey Mumei, juanpablo just told someone to fuck off

It isn't. John O Shea is Irish, and unlike McLean was around during the troubles. He still wore a poppy yet it took it off after half time. Showing respect yet honouring his views as well. McLean should have done the same.

Yen

And football GAF music chat is the worst.

It isn't. John O Shea is Irish, and unlike McLean was around during the troubles. He still wore a poppy yet it took it off after half time. Showing respect yet honouring his views as well. McLean should have done the same.

McClean lived in the same city where 14 peaceful and unarmed demonstrators were massacred by the British Army. There's quite a bit of difference (read: a lot) between McClean from Derry, and O'Shea from Waterford.

juanpablo

Banned
You asked for the taunts, they're the taunts.

They're not taunts though are they? one is a statement of fact, the other is me describing how offensive U2 are to my aural senses.

I will tell you what you shouldn't be saying when it's got the potential to cause offence, and is wholly unnecessary. To be honest, I don't really see you as someone with impeccable social skills anyway, so I suppose it's to be expected. Carry on and see how far you get on your quest to have a civil fucking conversation.

You on your period?

juanpablo

Banned

They may both be Irish but O'Shea doesn't come from a place with as much emotional bagagge with regards the British Army as McClean does. Bloody Sunday and all that.

Why can't you accept someone shouldn't have to wear a poppy if they don't want to? 'respect' shouldn't have to come into it.

Arnie

Its not goading though, you're just getting upset about statements of fact. The BA have murdered innocents, they still do in foreign countries up to the modern day.
Have that discussion elsewhere, when you say you'd rather be shot in the back by the British Army, implying that's just something the 'British Army' does willy nilly takes an unnecessary swipe at those people who currently and have served in the armed forces, many of whom are related to posters in here.

I've not once argued against McClean's right to free speech, but when you post inconsiderate shit like that I'll call you out on it. It's fucking unnecessary.

Stop whinging, Its Saturday night!
It's like you're conditioned to footnote your posts with incomprehensible nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom