• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloosha

Spurs last season:

dVkF7.gif

Sloosha

Nah, that was Liverpool 2009/10. Aim for the sky, fall on the floor :(

Slightly embarassing confession: before that season started, I was sure we'd win the league. Then Alonso left, and I still thought we'd do it.

There's not a :( big enough

How do you think Liverpool will fare in the game tomorrow/today? I'm pretty worried myself.

Our defense will give you hope; you just wait.

Its your back 5 against Suarez though. As good as he is, he can't do it every game.

And before anyone thinks 'but Sterling,' yes, he's played well. But he's not yet at the stage where he's threatening to create something every time he's on the ball

Not sure what midfielders we'll go with

For people who liked the Burnout games last generation, do you consider Criterion a failure this generation in terms of providing you with products that appeal to you? For me, definitely

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yogurt was mean to me today. Is that because a Colombian footballer (Guarin) contributed to two goals against Juve?

Inter britches lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yogurt was mean to me today. Is that because a Colombian footballer (Guarin) contributed to two goals against Juve?

Inter britches lol

He did? I don't hate Guarin anyway. (or most of their current players)

And allow me to refresh your barstooler memory for you, Inter knocked you out a few years ago.

Inter britches lol

2-2 Liverpool-Chelsea or maybe 1-0 Liverpool. I am all for the shock results.

Suarez will score though.

I honestly think he'll get himself booked on purpose. Knowing him, he'll probably see a dive in the box as a risk-free action. It works, we get a penalty. It fails, he gets suspended for a theoretically* easy game next week.

*Very fucking theoretically

AndresON777

shooting blanks
He did? I don't hate Guarin anyway. (or most of their current players)

And allow me to refresh your barstooler memory for you, Inter knocked you out a few years ago.

Inter britches lol

Oh I know papi but it was an offiside goal at san siro and a disallowed goal by dreamy bojan.

plus, don't you think I love Colombian players more than anything?

Hi! Nice to see you tho :x

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh I know papi but it was an offiside goal at san siro and a disallowed goal by dreamy bojan.

plus, don't you think I love Colombian players more than anything?

Hi! Nice to see you tho :x

As much as I hate defending merda, Bojan's goal was AFTER the referee's whistle. I don't understand why Barca supporters keep talking about it.

They can bitch about Motta's red you know.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
As much as I hate defending merda, Bojan's goal was AFTER the referee's whistle. I don't understand why Barca supporters keep talking about it.

Who hears the whistle? that was totally unintentional off of Abi's arm.

smh uefalona. Guess we needed to pay more since Baaaaayeeern couldn't do shit to stop them.

Messi

We all know you can't hear the whistles in the Camp Nou.

article-1299624197089-0D87FD1B000005DC-343936_636x436.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa203/AndresON777/jacknod.gif[IMG]

I might take a nap so bye bye[/QUOTE]

Lucky you, I can't fucking sleep. :(

-

[quote]
Inter might end up regretting their 3-1 victory in Turin, for it could prove to be just the slap in the face that Juventus needed. After 49 games unbeaten, the Old Lady was looking complacent, arrogant and prepared only to do the bare minimum amount of work to get a result. This team had become the absolute antithesis of Antonio Conte’s vision. Not even a draw with Nordsjaelland, scraping a win against Bologna or robbing Catania of points were enough to shake them out of this self-imposed stupor. They’re awake now and boy did they need it!

The truth is that the defeat to Inter was the logical culmination of a journey Juve had been on for some time. After all, what made them so thrilling and unstoppable last season was their almost desperate hunger for success, eager to put their recent disasters behind them and embody the spirit of Conte screaming at them from the touchline. Recent performances were shoddy, half-hearted and doing no more than was necessary. They had become accustomed to being unbeatable and forgot how they put together that run in the first place. Juve weren’t the most skilful side last season, but they were easily the most determined, aggressive and hard-working.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that Juventus started losing their fire when assistant manager Angelo Alessio returned from suspension. A tactical advisor to Conte he may be, but Alessio is a quiet, gentle and frankly dull man. He’s not one to rattle the walls at half-time or shout orders during a difficult moment of a game. Massimo Carrera had far more of Conte’s spirit, leadership skills and ability to talk up the troops. Perhaps the setbacks prompted a reshuffle in the locker room with Carrera doing the team talks and Alessio fiddling about with a tactics board?

A 4-0 win over Nordsjaelland and 6-1 triumph in Pescara suggest Juve got the wake-up call they needed to stop the slide into mediocre complacency. That defeat to Inter may well end up being the best thing that could’ve happened to Juventus.[/quote]

Spot on.

Zabojnik

Things Conte needs to address upon his return on the bench:

- start using 4-3-3 again, if desparesido Pepe ever recovers
- wake up Vucinic, who's been fucking useless these past few months
- get Marrone some playing time, he's been criminally underused so far
- beat the living shit out of AndresOFF

Might just be my new favorite thing ever. The celebrations and Brøndby players looking as depressed as they can, omg i'm rock hard

ibhvVb6qiUzHnb.gif

and N'Doye getting his only tattoo yet, Copenhagens ultras logo. Damn I miss him even if Cornelius has been an awesome replacement. :(

ibv1sxls4DeaSj.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can't find Marchisio's clearance anywhere. It was highlight worthy god dammit!

Things Conte needs to address upon his return on the bench:

- starting using 4-3-3 again, if desparesido Pepe ever recovers
- wake up Vucinic, who's been fucking useless these past few months
- get Marrone some playing time, he's been criminally underused so far
- beat the living shit out of AndresOFF

-Yell, at everything and everyone. I miss his voice :(
-Jump around punching walls and kicking shit. There's a lack of Conte gifs lately.
-Abuse Italian journalists
-Explain to us the Padoin. What does it do?

Blablurn

2,w=591,c=0.bild.jpeg

"Bayern is more important than France"

Awww yea, coming from the guy who was about to leave us some years ago. and now its his 6th year already.

Franck Ribery's ugliness never ceases to amaze me. I understand that not every one can be blessed with Ibra's good looks but still, GOT DAMN.

2,w=591,c=0.bild.jpeg

"Bayern is more important than France"

Awww yea, coming from the guy who was about to leave us some years ago. and now its his 6th year already.

Not even the French players cares about the French national team, it's pretty hilarious. Might also still be a bit bitter about being suspended for acting like a cunt with Anelka and Evra.

Blablurn

Not even the French players cares about the French national team, it's pretty hilarious. Might also still be a bit bitter about being suspended for acting like a cunt with Anelka and Evra.

the best thing out of this story is probably the fact that ribery used to be a player who was changing his team almost every year before bayern. plus he used to have a really difficult personality. he was almost gone when madrid wanted him. there were rumors of an 100m offer. i remember hoeneß comment on this: "for 100m they only get one of his legs". ribery always wanted his big title. he had two chances now. the first one was denied by his stupid red card against lyon... well, and the second one was fucking chelsea. ribery deserves one CL win. maybe this year. it may sound cocky but who cares. in the last three years we have been in the final twice. even more often than barcelona. btw, its ridiculous that we lost to inter. fucking mourinho. look where inter is now :( they never deserved that win. fucking ridiculous bunch of cunts. aaaaah, i'm so angry now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom