• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Defoe on the bench makes no sense AVB.

Di Matteo's amicable enough but he's fucking creepy as. Hard not to like the guy though, very inoffensive, not difficult to see why the Chelsea players responded to him after eight months with captain gravel throat.

HAHA! Spot on Arnie! I love RDM. Overall he has the kind of personality I'd love to see in a football manager. I like your manager too, he is a very peaceful guy it seems. He only lost it a little when he lashed out on poor Joe Cole :( Whatever happened to Joe man :(?

I love you too

Haha!

Everyone seems to be writing West Ham off, but that's OK, the underdog role suits us well, so hopefully Sam and the boys can surprise a few people today. I'm going for a score draw, 2-2, although with Collins, Tomkins and Demel all back in the squad our defensive frailties aren't such an issue, so fingers crossed for an upset victory (plus, it's always nice to see Pardew the lech lose his rag).

Kyoufu

Everyone seems to be writing West Ham off, but that's OK, the underdog role suits us well, so hopefully Sam and the boys can surprise a few people today. I'm going for a score draw, 2-2, although with Collins, Tomkins and Demel all back in the squad our defensive frailties aren't such an issue, so fingers crossed for an upset victory (plus, it's always nice to see Pardew the lech lose his rag).

Beating Newcastle isn't exactly a surprise. lol

Defoe on the bench makes no sense AVB.

HAHA! Spot on Arnie! I love RDM. Overall he has the kind of personality I'd love to see in a football manager. I like your manager too, he is a very peaceful guy it seems. He only lost it a little when he lashed out on poor Joe Cole :( Whatever happened to Joe man :(?

Haha!

Joe Cole deserves every piece of criticism he gets. Fucking waster

Fady K

Fady's avatar is class! I feel like I need one seeing Killer's and Fady's!

:O sky sports 4 had the Atletico, Real Madrid and Barca games live from 4:45. Wow.

Haha join us dc! Though your cat is class as well!

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Arnie

He only lost it a little when he lashed out on poor Joe Cole :( Whatever happened to Joe man :(?

Did he lash out at Cole? I missed it, I've been very busy this week. In fairness, Cole's earning £120k a week and offers little, if anything to the squad. He was signed during a time of great instability at the club, by a man with no footballing pedigree, a business executive, because he thought he'd make a good impression to any prospective owners of the club.

Turns out Chelsea already new, as far back as 2008, that his career was over.

I'm not, Newcastle were pants against us, and didn't deserve anything from the game.

And I've got Nobby Nolan in my fantasy team. I'm rooting for a West Ham win.

Fady K

Joe Cole deserves every piece of criticism he gets. Fucking waster

He used to be so good...really sucks to see him fall like this.

Did he lash out at Cole? I missed it, I've been very busy this week. In fairness, Cole's earning £120k a week and offers little, if anything to the squad. He was signed during a time of great instability at the club, by a man with no footballing pedigree, a business executive, because he thought he'd make a good impression to any prospective owners of the club.

It wasn't much of a lash out, more of an obvious criticism that Cole likely deserved. He was really pants apparently. Cole getting signed by Liverpool as you said was by a man with not much footballing pedigree.

Arnie

City to win. Newcastle to draw. Lazio to win. Liverpool to win.

£1 returns £50.

Probably won't win, but I fancied a flutter with whatever remained in my wallet.
It wasn't much of a lash out, more of an obvious criticism that Cole likely deserved. He was really pants apparently. Cole getting signed by Liverpool as you said was by a man with not much footballing pedigree.
Aye, I hold nothing against Cole, he's well spoken and has a good attitude. It's just he's utterly useless to us and on big wages.

When footballing decisions are taken out of the hands of footballing people, you sack Rafael Benitez for Roy Hodgson and sign an over the hill Joe Cole on astronomical wages.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
City to win. Newcastle to draw. Lazio to win. Liverpool to win.

£1 returns £50.

Probably won't win, but I fancied a flutter with whatever remained in my wallet.

Aye, I hold nothing against Cole, he's well spoken and has a good attitude. It's just he's utterly useless to us and on big wages.

When footballing decisions are taken out of the hands of footballing people, you sack Rafael Benitez for Roy Hodgson and sign an over the hill Joe Cole on astronomical wages.

Never bet on your own team!

Also I really don't see Liverpool winning at Stamford bridge.

Arnie

Never bet on your own team!

Also I really don't see Liverpool winning at Stamford bridge.

Betting on your own team is a mistake, but I couldn't resist, in response to your second point, Liverpool have won their last three meetings at Stamford Bridge, if I remember correctly.

You also thrash out a new and improved contract with a 32 year old defender who hasn't been good for over 2 years, all while everybody's focus is on your employers who are in the midst of a legal battle to keep hold of the club

Just put £20 on a random favourite, in an event I've never heard of

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Betting on your own team is a mistake, but I couldn't resist, in response to your second point, Liverpool have won their last three meetings at Stamford Bridge, if I remember correctly.

Ah then fair point!

But still ;)

dc89

Kompany is class. Knows he's not at his best but he said he's getting there and he's not interested in being compared to his performances last season, as he wants to improve on that.

Very honest of him.

Dybala really close to his hattrick there, would have been an assist from the keeper. Now he's coming off instead to standing ovations, what a performance!

Arnie

Ah then fair point!

But still ;)

I know what you're saying, it's definitely a mistake, even if Liverpool win. Betting on your own team should be outlawed.

Correction, though, Liverpool have won their last four meetings at Stamford Bridge. Please make it five Brenny.

City v Spuds draw please.

Though, if somebody has to win I hope it's City. Wouldn't help our cause in the league, but I hate Spurs too much.

Edit: I also fancy us to beat Liverpool today. So that means Liverpool will win.

Milan XI vs Fiorentina: Abbiati; De Sciglio-Mexes-Bonera-Constant; Ambrosini-Montolivo; Urby-Boateng-El Shaarawy; Pato.

Looking forward to Pato, Fiorentina is his favourite opponent.

Yen

He used to be so good...really sucks to see him fall like this.

Joe Cole has seriously never had a good game for Liverpool, and seems to be less fitter than me.

dc89

Lol Adebayor for the 2nd time today. He's not even touched the ball and he's providing the Lols!

Hope that doesn't come back an haunt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom