• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJX

formation doesn't work

johnson getting no service as a winger because wisdom doesn't move forward
sterling doesn't work as a floating striker, doesn't have the knowledge of where to be
sahin is still too slow
allen..don't know what's wrong with him. was off his game at newcastle too

on the plus side, enrique is impressing.

take wisdom off, move johnson there, put suso ahead of him, and move sterling back on the wing

we're pretty lucky not to be 3-0, chelsea have no fire

To be fair to Allen, he isn't playing in proper position so I can forgive him for his performance. But the others have no excuse.

sohois

Well, the 3-5-2 did give control of the game to Liverpool, but at the cost of what little attacking threat they would normally possess. Since Chelsea have got the goal anyway I think it's only a matter of time until they go back to a 4-3-3 with Assaidi or Suso. Question for Rodgers is who to partner Agger at the back, both Wisdom and Carra have had some suspect moments in that first half.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Allegri:"They didn’t really have many chances.....aside from the ones we gave them"

“Sometimes we have to play badly and try to get a result anyway."

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Excellent job lads, well deserved 3 points based on the 2nd half performance alone. We could have been in trouble a few times if it weren't for Jaskeleinen and some smart defending from Reid & Tomkins, but in general Newcastle seem so toothless going forward - for the amount of times they got up the flank to send a cross into the box, you really would have expected them to score. Carroll was unlucky not to score himself, but the Toon keeper made a great last ditch save to keep them in it.

*edit, first win in 14 years at St. James Park! COME ON YOU IRONS!

Fry

Last season: one of the best defences around, good against big teams, shit against lesser teams

This season: one of the worst defences around, bad against big teams, decent against lesser teams

:(

Hixx

PARDEW OUT!

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
If Liverpool score now I'm gonna be cursing Newcastle for the rest of the week.

And HBA got booked! Fucking negative on my fantasy points.

Feorax

Our entire midfield is wank. How can a midfield with Gerrerd, Allen and Sahin have absolutely no creativity whatsoever? It's not just a one off either, been like this for a couple of games now.

The only opportunities we've had have come from Enrique and Johnson, who are thankfully both looking like the fullback pairing we had at the beginning of last season.

Centre back setup is wrong, there is no reason to drop Coates, even if he did make a mistake in Russia.

No more excuses after this game. We have to step it up.

Carbonox

Fucking embarrassing losing at home to West Ham. What's even more embarrassing is Newcastle's football. We won't go anywhere with Pardew remaining stubborn. Top 10 finish will still be possible but that's about it.

Doing well on the bets so far.

Won on City coming from behind, Won on West Ham winning, won on United winning yesterday.

Just put a fiver on Mata to score.

Wilbur

Banned
Telling you now Kyoufu, if that game costs me my you know what (for Jeff) then I'll become a Mackem.

Already finished lad.

Newcastle... dear. Remember when a few of us said they'd finish around 9th/10th and Kyoufu laughed at us all?

Come join the picnic blankets Kyoufu. It isn't too late.

Also I'll be home in 10 minutes, I want my arrival to cue a Lolerpool fight back

PowderedToast

on paper i was happy with the formation but it's definitely too negative in practice

johnson is effectively our second striker (lol), so when he's not getting the ball we lose so much going forward

Wilbur

Banned
A Roma fan got stabbed in the ass by some Lazio fans.

They're just trying to teach Zeman a lesson: watch your back.

Thank you Lazio fans. You have imparted great knowledge on wise Zeman.

Lollll I really wanna get Roma 2012/13 DVD at the end of the season, it'll be entertaining as fuck.

dc89

Already finished lad.

Newcastle... dear. Remember when a few of us said they'd finish around 9th/10th and Kyoufu laughed at us all?

Also I'll be home in 10 minutes, I want my arrival to cue a Lolerpool fight back

Well.... Count me as a Mackem for the next derby.

Kyoufu

Already finished lad.

To be fair I was under the assumption that we'd actually buy players :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They're just trying to teach Zeman a lesson: watch your back.

Thank you Lazio fans. You have imparted great knowledge on wise Zeman.

Lollll I really wanna get Roma 2012/13 DVD at the end of the season, it'll be entertaining as fuck.

They remind me of Arsenal. Just as enjoyable to watch, for all the wrong reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom