• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

319000_464023660308022_215843166_n.png

dat ozil!

Schweinsteiger and Özil >>> Xavi and Iniesta

Always said it, always preferred it. Never gonna change my mind.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Schweinsteiger and Özil >>> Xavi and Iniesta

Always said it, always preferred it. Never gonna change my mind.
I can't be the only one rolling his eyes when people say Iniesta is the third best player in the world?

Clegg

Oh look, here comes the Spanish national team defense force.

You're a fucking suck up for them. I'm wrong in your opinion.

Or because Xavi and Iniesta were the heart of a team that has won two European Championships and a World Cup.

Ozil and Schweinsteiger are magnificent players and are amongst the best in the world. They fall short when compared to the Spaniards though.

You seem rather angry about this.

I'm not a bid fan of the Spanish either but I can appreciate the best in the world.

Fry

Or because Xavi and Iniesta were the heart of a team that has won two European Championships and a World Cup.

Ozil and Schweinsteiger are magnificent players and are amongst the best in the world. They fall short when compared to the Spaniards though.

You seem rather angry about this though.

LOL, I knew you'd bring titles to it. It's quite the hypocrisy because I did the same thing with the Ibra vs Villa discussion and you talked me down.

Fuck the titles. I'm talking about individual skills and that picture clearly proves Ozil has done more than both combined.

xintin

A CL game too.
Yeah, Juve in Turin will be extremely tough. Not a particularly exciting run of games for Chelsea if we can't boost our attack somehow. Maybe we should go with Del Bosque's all-midfielders/no Torres lineup from the Euros.

Pranay

You seem rather angry about this.

I'm not a bid fan of the Spanish either but I can appreciate the best in the world.

The problem is the strikers Villa vs Gomez

Wilbur

Banned
LOL, I knew you'd bring titles to it. It's quite the hypocrisy because I did the same thing with the Ibra vs Villa discussion and you talked me down.

Fuck the titles. I'm talking about individual skills and that picture clearly proves Ozil has done more than both combined.

Well Ozil plays more advanced than both of them. Xavi isn't the type to have assists. I would think that Iniesta has more assists then Schweinsteiger and that surely refutes your argument?

Clegg

LOL, I knew you'd bring titles to it. It's quite the hypocrisy because that was what I did with Ibra vs Villa discussion and you talked me down.

Then if we're talking about individual skills, Xavi and Iniesta are superior.

Their games have never been about all about assists. Xavi dictates the pace of the game and Iniesta opens up holes in the opposition defence.

Ozil plays near the front and is always looking for the assist.

Fry

Their games have never been about all about assists. Xavi dictates the pace of the game and Iniesta opens up holes in the opposition defence.

Which totally contradicts that saying that 'Messi wouldn't be all that without Xavi and Iniesta playing the passes behind him.'

Aren't they supposed to give him most of his goals?

Clegg

Which totally contradicts that saying that 'Messi wouldn't be all that without Xavi and Iniesta playing the passes behind him.'

So? Messi is the best player in the world and would be great regardless of who he plays with.

He's just lucky that he has the best midfielders in the world backing him up.

They don't always assist him but stretch the game in such a way that Messi always has a great chance of scoring.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, Juve in Turin will be extremely tough. Not a particularly exciting run of games for Chelsea if we can't boost our attack somehow. Maybe we should go with Del Bosque's all-midfielders/no Torres lineup from the Euros.
Nah you'll be fine, we're shit in Europe.

You may have a point on Ozil but you're 300% wrong on Ibra vs Villa, bias aside, it's not even close.

Xavi can't be compared to Iniesta/Ozil, he plays a different role. His assists and goals are irrelevant.

Pirlo was better last year with his fancy 13 assists. :p

Their games have never been about all about assists.
Then I'll take Ozil and Pirlo over them I guess.

jtb

Banned
Assist is a meaningless stat and it only takes into account the final pass, not the forty others that came before it—which make that final pass possible (especially in the case of Barcelona). Xavi and Iniesta do just fine on the international stage without Messi where they've been routing Germany every other year for some time now.

FootballFan

Aren't they supposed to give him most of his goals?

Yeah but no one actually believes themselves when they say it. :lol as if Xavi and Iniesta are why he dribbles past 3 players and scores. Alves assisted Messi more than Xavi and Iniesta combined last season.

That doesn't mean Messi sucks without them and it doesn't mean they aren't important to him and Barca. They are just as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom