• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Marouane Fellaini said Everton's win over Sunderland was down to David Moyes' tactical switch - rather than his own performance.Fellaini was moved to a deeper midfield position by his manager during the second half as the Blues trailed Sunderland 1-0 .

After the switch, the influential Belgian star promptly scored the equaliser before setting up the winner for Nikica Jelavic just two minutes later.

Fellaini told evertontv: "The manager changed the tactics and when he did I scored and got the assist, so it was good for the team."We started well but after 25 minutes we weren't playing as well and weren't creating enough chances. Sunderland started to play well.

"But the team kept going and in the end we got the win."

The goal which levelled the scores was Fellaini's third in two games but the 24-year-old preferred to look at the bigger picture, emphasising the value of winning without turning in exemplary performances.

"It is good for me but the most important is the three points," he added. "Today wasn't a fantastic game for us but sometimes it is important to win like this."

DXIbO.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Fellaini is gone at the end of the season though unless they make the top 4. He's too hot of a commodity.

faridmon

I still like him deeper. Everton doesn't need the longball option against teams that will let them dominate possession.

Probably. If there's any year they could do it though, it's this one.

Me too. However, some time you gonna force him in the forward position because teams, like Sunderland, will just sit back and counter. Him in a deeper role, in that case, won't do us any good.

and Brøndby turns around a 1-0 defeat to their relegation rivals into a 1-2 win. Terrible even if they are still under the line.

At least Dybala was awesome today, now for Copenhagen.

faridmon

Fellaini is gone at the end of the season though unless they make the top 4. He's too hot of a commodity.

I am sure that will be the case, but I hope, our performance this influnces his decision of leaving us.

Also, if he leaves, Barkely will be the one to watch.

Arnie

That's a good point, to be honest. Still feel we could've won.

Good tactical change Brendan. Suso had more of an impact than Sahin.

sohois

Kind of a typical Liverpool performance in the end, dominating possession but not scoring and conceding a sloppy goal. Still, it's promising that Liverpool largely outplayed Chelsea and pretty much prevented any decent chances outside of set-pieces and that one Mata chance.

Liverpool should really have kept the same system as usual though and I don't know why Rodgers refused to use any of his subs at the end.

Diablos54

Poor second half, we should have killed the game off well before Liverpool equalized. Fair result in the end. not happy at giving United the 3 point gap at the top though.

Pretty disappointing game, Chelsea were too wasteful and paid for it. Liverpool finished the stronger side and could have grabbed the 3 points at the end. Enrique had a good game for sure. Suso brought more creativity and impetus when he came on.

That's a good point, to be honest. Still feel we could've won.

Good tactical change Brendan. Suso had more of an impact than Sahin.

I can't help but feel that Sahin has been coasting through his time here so far. Suso earned a start against Wigan I think. Allen lost every battle he had today, fortunately Gerrard stepped it up a gear or two in the second half.

Content would be the word to descibe my feelings on that match.

Fair dos to Carragher, was okay today

Slightly annoying that Suarez couldn't take it round Cech for the winner, but I'd have taken a draw at the start, the middle, and now

Wilbur

Banned
Good point Liverpool lads, getting it away at Chelsea is nothing to be sniffed at.

No wins in 3 for Chelsea though. RDM OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom