• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

In the Euros, Iniesta was probably the best player of the whole tournament.

Anf if I remember correctly, Spain was constantly criticized by their playing style. They didn't play like they were the best team in the world.

And Pirlo was better than Iniesta.

Razor554

Ozil and Schweinsteiger better than Xaviesta? hahah.

The fck have they done? While at the same time Xaviesta have won it all(multiple times).
Pirlo on the other hand....

Clegg

In the Euros, Iniesta was probably the best player of the whole tournament.

He was.

Won player of the tournament and and European Player of the Year.

Don't agree with the latter award though. There were more consistent players over the course of last season.

rodvik

1352655651923.gif

amazing.

Lol I had hoped someone giffed that. The look on his face when he turns around. Brilliant. Happy for him today as well, he never gave up.

I watched the game today, holy shit Chelsea's players are a talent class above the rest of the league by a long shot. The only area they really need to strengthen is up front, besides that, unbelievable.

Wilbur

Banned
Anf if I remember correctly, Spain was constantly criticized by their playing style. They didn't play like they were the best team in the world.

And Pirlo was better than Iniesta.

Schweinsteiger had one good season his life..:p

Really, Jack of all trades master of none.

Show me.

Pirlo was as consistently good as Iniesta up until the final, probably better, and then Iniesta completely overshadowed him in the final. So they were the two best for me. Don't really think the thing you just linked me to is very indicative of it all Yurt.

No Schweini or Ozil to be found. I love them both, but neither are better than Iniesta.

Blablurn

Lol I had hoped someone giffed that. The look on his face when he turns around. Brilliant. Happy for him today as well, he never gave up.

I watched the game today, holy shit Chelsea's players are a talent class above the rest of the league by a long shot. The only area they really need to strengthen is up front, besides that, unbelievable.

this is sad, y did nobody run to him? :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pirlo was as consistently good as Iniesta up until the final, probably better, and then Iniesta completely overshadowed him in the final. So they were the two best for me. Don't really think the thing you just linked me to is very indicative of it all Yurt.

No Schweini or Ozil to be found. I love them both, but neither are better than Iniesta.

He had one assist to his name and was ranked #33 in the tournament.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Shweini and Ozil are better, I'm just saying Iniesta is overrated IMO.

Everyone (in blue) was shit, tired and injured in the final.

Wilbur

Banned
He had one assist to his name and was ranked #33 in the tournament.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Shweini and Ozil are better, I'm just saying Iniesta is overrated IMO.

And in my opinion the assists don't matter. It's like Busquets. Hardly ever scores, hardly ever assists and he's still one of the best players in the world. Iniesta's the type that gets everyone moving, that dips into the little pockets, that opens up space for others. He's constantly integral to Barcelona and Spain's play despite not delivering the final ball that then counts as an assist.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
And in my opinion the assists don't matter. It's like Busquets. Hardly ever scores, hardly ever assists and he's still one of the best players in the world. Iniesta's the type that gets everyone moving, that dips into the little pockets, that opens up space for others. He's constantly integral to Barcelona and Spain's play despite not delivering the final ball that then counts as an assist.

Sergio is a DM
I think?
! His assists and goals are irrelevant as well.

Iniesta however.. his description reminds me of Lavezzi and Vucinic :/

He's not playing really well. When Galliani bought him said he's one of the best playmaker in europe so i'm not even surprised he's doing so bad. :lol
EDIT: After 4 years i'm finally a member :D

He did lol?

And congrats ;)

Wilbur

Banned
Sergio is a DM
I think?
! His assists and goals are irrelevant as well.

Iniesta however.. his description reminds me of Lavezzi and Vucinic :/

He did lol?

And congrats ;)

I know he is haha, but the fact that Iniesta only got one assist at the Euros is irrelevant to me. Dictated every game. Kept taking players on, opening up space and doing it far better than Vucinic could ever dream of.

I don't argue much about players haha, but Iniesta's fucking fantastic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I know he is haha, but the fact that Iniesta only got one assist at the Euros is irrelevant to me. Dictated every game. Kept taking players on, opening up space and doing it far better than Vucinic could ever dream of.

I don't argue much about players haha, but Iniesta's fucking fantastic.

He IS brilliant, magical at times.

Third best in the world? Not in my opinion.

Vucinic is a walking joke, his job is to open up space and create/waste chances though

rodvik

They did just fine against United in the CL final.

They never played Stoke so the jury is still out.

Seriously though I think most people are over the Barca hate. I know I am. After last year I came to appreciate the football they play and just enjoy seeing some of the greatest players ever on the pitch.

Sure they get biased ref decisions, but so do all big clubs against smaller ones, also they have been doing less of the rolling around pretending to be injured stuff recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom