• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowderedToast

1352655651923.gif

*classic*

jtb

Banned
Yeah... no. Stats have become increasingly ignored because they are deemed unimportant. But some stats DO tell you a lot.

Eh, some do, some don't. They're all misleading though, and that makes them useless in my eyes.

If Xavi and Iniesta don't assist, then how do Spain keep winning international tournaments? How do Barcelona keep winning trophies? Because assists aren't a meaningful measure of anything.

I mean, how many assists did Downing get before he transferred to Liverpool?

Tc91

Think it's time for a Avatar change, looking for a Chicharito one with his new C celebration if anyone will do the deed :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There is a very good argument to be made that Pirlo is superior to Xavi.

But Ozil over Iniesta? I can't agree with that.

Pirlo has to be the most underrated player this generation. Milan's Pirlo in 2003-(WC)-2007 was a demi-god.

I like (well, love) Iniesta, but I've seen him do fuck all countless of times in La Liga.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Except Dida, maybe. I didn't like him.

HE WAS WAY OVER HIS LINE IN THE SHOOT OUT!

so was Buffon
He wasn't really playing well for Milan, weirdly enough. Maybe just cause he had shit players in front of him.

->

“Milan offered me a one-year extension, but I wanted three years because I was younger than the other players whose contracts were expiring,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“But the real reason behind why I left Milan was because Allegri wanted to use Massimo Ambrosini or Mark Van Bommel in front of the defence instead of me.

“That meant that I had to change position on the pitch. So I said ‘no thanks’ to Milan and chose Juventus.

“Milan decided that I was no longer useful to them. I understood that immediately during our meeting.”

Some were surprised by Pirlo’s decision to leave champions Milan for a team who had finished the previous two seasons in seventh place.

“When I was at Gigi Buffon’s wedding in June last year, people asked me if I was crazy because I had left,” he added.

“I then replied that when I decide to join another club, I do it because I want to win. And I also said that we would win the Italian championship.

“And now those same people thank me because they went and put money on us winning the Scudetto…”

While Juventus enjoyed the assists of Pirlo, Milan did struggle at times without his calmness and vision.

“A lot of my former teammates told me that they missed me during the campaign,” he added. “But I’m happy as I won.

“Almost all of my former teammates at Milan sent me text messages congratulating me on winning the Scudetto.”

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think this is the first time I agree with Fry on something.

Does
that
mean
I'm
Wrong?

-

I highly rate Xavi and Iniesta but top 4 players my ass.

Wilbur

Banned
I think this is the first time I agree with Fry on something.

Does
that
mean
I'm
Wrong?

-

I highly rate Xavi and Iniesta but top 4 players my ass.

Xavi isn't any more, but over the last 5 years he has been.

For me, it's Messi and Ronaldo ahead of everyone, and then probably Iniesta. Cliched but fuck it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom