• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porto 1 - 0 Academica ( James Rodriguez, assisted by Lucho Gonzalez )

untitled-1zcrji.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Was Rome 2009? We got fucking molested all night.

Wembley 2011 I was proud of us. Beaten by the better team but we turned up at least.

Woop Chelsea drew!

Good weekend for United then. Would have been perfect if Dzeko hadn't scored but considering we were 2-0 down yesterday, extending our lead to 2 points at the top of the table is a good result for us!

Wilbur

Banned
I don't really listen, just nod and pretend so I can get sex.

none for you until I win again on FM. Lost to Hull and then away to United

As a west ham fan, suffering major altitude sickness.

You were always going to comfortably stay up. Top 12 for sure.

Can I ask, because I saw a question on the Guardian livechat the other day, are you happy with Allardyce? Obviously in terms of league positioning yes, but there's all the shit about the West Ham way etc etc. Happy enough with him there?

elsk

Banned
Pirlo was as consistently good as Iniesta up until the final, probably better, and then Iniesta completely overshadowed him in the final. So they were the two best for me. Don't really think the thing you just linked me to is very indicative of it all Yurt.

No Schweini or Ozil to be found. I love them both, but neither are better than Iniesta.

You can't really compare Schweinsteiger with Iniesta... Schweinsteiger is a box-to-box midfielder, and I would think he's the best one in the world. Iniesta is the best attacking midfielder.

If Iniesta isn't the 3rd best player in the world then we've sold Tom short by calling him the new Iniesta.

He is though. I more or less hope Barca/Spain lose any time they play....but how people don't see Iniesta as better than the likes of Ozil and Schweinsteiger I will never know.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If Iniesta isn't the 3rd best player in the world then we've sold Tom short by calling him the new Iniesta.

He is though. I more or less hope Barca/Spain lose any time they play....but how people don't see Iniesta as better than the likes of Ozil and Schweinsteiger I will never know.

Again, that's not what I was saying.

Kyoufu

Would it correct in saying that none of United/Chelsea/City have been particularly impressive this season?

Man United being so shit yet still top of the league is impressive.

City being so shit yet unbeaten is impressive.

Chelsea... need a striker that doesn't suck.

Wilbur

Banned
Lol at my predictions from the start of the season. Fucking mug's game.

3. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
9. QPR
10. Aston Villa
11. Sunderland
19. West Brom

You can't really compare Schweinsteiger with Iniesta... Schweinsteiger is a box-to-box midfielder, and I would think he's the best one in the world. Iniesta is the best attacking midfielder.

Well I know playstyle you can't, but if someone said 'is Schweinsteiger a better box to box player than Iniesta is an attacking midfielder', I'd say no. So I'd put Iniesta ahead.

Wilbur

Banned
Would it correct in saying that none of United/Chelsea/City have been particularly impressive this season?

I think Chelsea were impressive for a while for sure, but they've lost their way. City have only really played well in one or two games, and one of them was against Sunderland.

We've been good in spells but our defending leaves much to be desired. Going forward though we're the match of Chelsea.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just finished watching Spurs game on Sky+. Very disappointing, our passing was poor and AVB didn't react at the right time. As soon as Mancini fucked around with his defense we should have brought Defoe on for Dempsey (who was atrocious once again). Our passing to the flanks was tragically poor and Bale and Lennon hardly got a chance to run in behind.

Vertonghen is also becoming comically exposed at left back, every single cross was coming from his side and he never got close to Zabaleta or Maicon. He needs to be playing in the centre.

Lol at my predictions from the start of the season. Fucking mug's game.

3. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
9. QPR
10. Aston Villa
11. Sunderland
19. West Brom
Not sure what's funniest here.

I rather a midfield that has Schweine and Özil in it rather than Xavi and Iniesta. It's a preference and what I want for my team.

I don't see how you cannot get that.
I just think Xavi and Iniesta have until now proven on so many occasions that they are better than, in this case, those two players.

They dominate games against them and generally dominate the big matches time and time and time again.

Think they're class apart.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Atalanta scored on Inter, but it's going to end up 2-1 or 3-1. They aren't good at holding leads.

I rather a midfield that has Schweine and Özil in it rather than Xavi and Iniesta. It's a preference and what I want for my team.

I don't see how you cannot get that.

NO! It can only be MESSIRONALDOINIESTAXAVI, get that in your head.

I think Neuer deserved some recognition in his last season with Schalke, the fucker carried them to the semis.

Not sure what's funniest here.

I just think Xavi and Iniesta have until now proven on so many occasions that they are better than, in this case, those two players.

They dominate games against them and generally dominate the big matches time and time and time again in the first match.

Think they're class apart.

On equal grounds, with all players rested and fit, Italy's midfield gave Spain are run for their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom