• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Just finished watching Spurs game on Sky+. Very disappointing, our passing was poor and AVB didn't react at the right time. As soon as Mancini fucked around with his defense we should have brought Defoe on for Dempsey (who was atrocious once again). Our passing to the flanks was tragically poor and Bale and Lennon hardly got a chance to run in behind.

Vertonghen is also becoming comically exposed at left back, every single cross was coming from his side and he never got close to Zabaleta or Maicon. He needs to be playing in the centre.

Aye, it frustrated me when somebody here blamed poor commitment from the players, implying that AVB had been let down. AVB didn't change anything, and set his stall out very rigidly to play on the counter attack. That's fine, and had the game ended 1-1 I'd have applauded the decision, but if you're relying on defensive solidity, and you're beaten by a piece of utter brilliance by David Silva, you can't really complain, to be honest.

I do think AVB should've switched it up, but I think the fact that Spurs took the lead as early as they did hurt the overall performance. Liverpool went behind tonight, lacked fight first half, and came out in the second with a renewed sense of purpose, a higher tempo, and around the 55 minute mark Brendan changed the tactics up and threw Suso in centrally.

What's creepy about it? Anyone in here would flirt with her if we had the swag. Irinas not going to be happy though!

Second video is so awesome. Ozil, Khedira and Benzema trolling Morata and Ramos :lol :lol
I personally find somebody constantly staring at another person inherently creepy.

Let's be real. If it was this guy staring at her, then you can only agree that it is pretty creepy.
220px-Jesse_Heiman_Random_Background_ActorExtra-crop.jpg

Arnie

If Atletico win my 6 fold comes off. Nice £20. I'll spend that tomorrow getting off it with my course as our deadlines are completed.

pulga

Banned
I personally find somebody constantly staring at another person inherently creepy.

Let's be real. If it was this guy staring at her, then you can only agree that it is pretty creepy.
220px-Jesse_Heiman_Random_Background_ActorExtra-crop.jpg

Well, yeah :lol That's where the swag comes in and negates the creep factor.

TrueBlue

Would it correct in saying that none of United/Chelsea/City have been particularly impressive this season?

Well City are unbeaten, so they're not doing too badly. United keep grinding out victories/creating comebacks and are top of the league. While Chelsea started well but have gone off the boil a little.

No real stand outs though.

Wilbur

Banned
At least you got the Newcastle being shit prediction spot on.

Knew it. Second season syndrome, baby.

NO! It can only be MESSIRONALDOINIESTAXAVI, get that in your head.

Well if you were making a list of the best players in the world, Messi and Ronaldo would have to be there or you're just nuts.

After that, Iniesta's a very good shout. I can't think of many players better than him at all. Maybe players that had better seasons; Vidal and Marchisio for one. But they're not better players.

On equal grounds, with all players rested and fit, Italy's midfield gave Spain are run for their money.
That's true.

But Spain, and in particular Xavi and Iniesta, have been facing challenges and coming out on top for 4 years now. At Championships, in title deciders and in the CL.

That's the difference. It's the consistency which is amazing.

pulga

Banned
I'm watching Celtic - Barca on replay. My god Barcelonas passing game is mind numbing. Shoot from fucking outside already!!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Messi and Ronaldo are definitely the top 2, and there's a massive gap between them too. With all due respect to Ronnie.

Yurt is an Iniesta hater. He admitted to me as much over PM.

He's a pretty nice guy and everything but he's no Verratti, you know?

Sporting´s starting 11 for that match against Braga:

Rui Patrício; Insúa; Xandão; Rojo; E. Dier; Pranjic; Schaars; Elias; Capel; Carrillo; Wolfswinkel

We are going to lose but at least I get a chance to watch Eric Dier play.

Arnie

Messi and Ronaldo are definitely the top 2, and there's a massive gap between them too. With all due respect to Ronnie.
Yep, definitely. Messi's on his own tier.

I guess I'll root for Sporting because I'm a huge fan of Diego Capel.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^From what I gathered this season, they struggle against smaller sides because they can't counter-attack them. Kinda like Napoli.
I'm watching Celtic - Barca on replay. My god Barcelonas passing game is mind numbing. Shoot from fucking outside already!!!
BUT THEY HAVE THE BEST THREE PLAYERS IN THE WORLD HOW CAN THAT BEEEE
I wonder how Verratti's doing. We used to have one or two PSG fans here, need an analysis.

Not as well as Pogba.
EcHq6.gif
EcHq6.gif

Oxx

Saw Skyfall today.

One of my contact lenses fell out during the title sequence. I found it in the dark and reapplied it with salty popcorn fingers.

Made me feel like a bad-ass agent.

Was reading through that thread again for a laugh and noticed it. Shocked me to my core.

The funniest thing is back then I had my Arshavin avatar licking his lips and now I have the same thing with Falcao. I didn't know that when you avatar quote that it's updated with your latest avatar.

Post would have looked weird if I was wearing my emo Capello avatar.

Kyoufu

I wish Sky would turn to the Real game.

Makes no sense to stay with Atletico when they're 2-0 up and it's a shit game to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom