• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Good lord, I wouldn't have been able to manage 30 seconds.

Honestly it was pathetic. He was trawling through the footage in slow motion and using the fact that Torres wasn't on the floor immediately after the foul as an indication that he'd dived. As if physics in general work that way. The gist of his, and the Everton fan's argument, was that because the contact didn't absolutely dictate that he should be on the deck, he wasn't entitled to go down anyway. Which is absolute, certifiable bollocks. I'd wager 80%* of fouls in the premier league consist of players hitting the ground despite the contact not forcing them to.

It's also not diving. It's clever forward play to bait the defenders into conceding goal scoring oppurtunities and commiting fouls. Evans was exceptionally clumsy in the challenge and, for once, Torres had the better of him. Not Torres' biggest fan as most know, but he was hard done to in this very instance. Could've been sent off elsewhere, but that's an entirely seperate argument.

*This statistic originated from my anus.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alright Yurt, that Suarez capture has me intrigued. More details?

The goal was disallowed because (supposedly) Suarez's front teeth are offside.

offside.jpg

Yen

Kingdom of Heaven is fantastic thus far, but jesus, some of the action scenes are worse than anything Nolan has done (using him as the bad action benchmark)

Oh, so lots of conrtoversial offside calls yesterday which spurned a debate about goalline tech being implemented for offside calls as well.

The picture you used made it looked like Suarez karate kicked Howard in the dome which would have been way more interesting.

EDIT: Did Wilbury get banned AGAIN?!

Zabojnik

Going to watch Kingdom of Heaven (Directors Cut). Any good?

I saw KoH in the theater and thought it was decent at best. Admittedly, I remember being very tired and almost fell asleep a couple of times, which is why I decided to give the movie a second chance. Bought the director's cut on blu-ray and ... I enjoyed it more than I perhaps should have. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but the DC is miles better than the original. And yeah, it won't be remembered for the superb action sequences.

Something I hope to be true of Prometheus' director's cut as well.

Hixx

I need to stop going into tv show OTs, keep forgetting they don't spoiler tag anything. Newest episode of Homeland ruined.

K1LLER7

Does anyone else think Aguero hasn't been in top form this season? He looks a bit sluggish and off the pace.
I think he needs a couple of games to get back into form. Didn't he have a bad injury in the first game?

Tevez needs to start every game for City.

Clegg

I know Aguero was injured at the start of the season so a slow recovery is to be expected. But City have three other strikers who are talented in their own right.

They should be starting them and letting Aguero have 30 mins in the second half to ease himself back into fitness. Right now Aguero isn't doing an awful lot of good.

Linius

Oxx

Any more information on the Clattenburg stuff?

I don't remember seeing any Chelsea players particularly incensed during the game (beyond the reactions to having two players sent off). I would have thought they would have been freaking-out if a referee said something that offensive.

Just send all your winnings to me and I will gladly forward them.
ibjS0ikdF4t1W8.png

Also fucking lol at the red nosed cunt trying to justify the refs mistakes, "we deserved out luck with the refs this time blah blah blah, we had decisions against us here before". God, I hate him.

Stimpy

The mic picked up some geezer in the crowd talking* about fucking up the arse, about mid-way through the second half.

*Well, shouting. I presume it was directed at Clattenburg.

Think that was directed at Giggs as he shouted something about taking someone's wife up the arse, which I believe was one of Giggs favourite past times with his brothers wife.

qindarka

Banned
Just send all your winnings to me and I will gladly forward them.
ibjS0ikdF4t1W8.png

Also fucking lol at the red nosed cunt trying to justify the refs mistakes, "we deserved out luck with the refs this time blah blah blah, we had decisions against us here before". God, I hate him.

Especially considering they've also been favored by the refs the last two times they played at SB, with a penalty not given for Chelsea late on in the Cl tie in 2010/2011 and the two soft penalties last season.

But no, they never get decisions.

flake

Think that was directed at Giggs as he shouted something about taking someone's wife up the arse, which I believe was one of Giggs favourite past times with his brothers wife.

Still can't believe Giggs reputation has remained relatively intact after that revelation. Makes JT seem like a saint regarding the Wayne bridge affair.

qindarka

Banned
Still can't believe Giggs reputation has remained relatively intact after that revelation. Makes JT seem like a saint regarding the Wayne bridge affair.

Don't forget JT parked in the disabled parking spot. He also jaywalked and committed internet piracy before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom