• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Especially considering they've also been favored by the refs the last two times they played at SB, with a penalty not given for Chelsea late on in the Cl tie in 2010/2011 and the two soft penalties last season.

But no, they never get decisions.

We also had a dodgy penalty given against us in 10/11 - Luiz should have been sent off in the same game, too. The season before that we lost to a very suspect free kick decision at SB and of course the Drogba offside at OT.

Moral of the story, everyone gets shit decisions and the majority of ref's are incompetent.

flake

We also had a dodgy penalty given against us in 10/11 - Luiz should have been sent off in the same game, too. The season before that we lost to a very suspect free kick decision at SB and of course the Drogba offside at OT.

Moral of the story, everyone gets shit decisions and the majority of ref's are incompetent.

After Macheda equalised with his hand...

But yeah sometime they go your way sometime they don't.
it just more often than not goes in man u's favour

Meier

What ways?

There are a couple sites that do online betting. Shouldn't be hard to find with Google. :p You just attach your CC (or Paypal) and then go to town. The sites are based outside the US so I guess that's how they circumvent it.

Don't forget JT parked in the disabled parking spot. He also jaywalked and committed internet piracy before.

Scum of the earth, take him off the team.

Two wrongs don't make a right etc etc.

Which is why it was pretty hilarious that Ferguson apparently thinks so. I'm sure he will accept ref decisions against him when they play Arsenal, cause of Vidics hand ball and everything.

There are a couple sites that do online betting. Shouldn't be hard to find with Google. :p You just attach your CC (or Paypal) and then go to town. The sites are based outside the US so I guess that's how they circumvent it.

Still technically illegal for US Citizens to bet on those sites as well. So beware.

Still technically illegal for US Citizens to bet on those sites as well. So beware.

vx5yU.png

qindarka

Banned
Two wrongs don't make a right etc etc. Also it was before Macheda punched one in, which arguably makes a difference in terms of the flow of a game.

Really? I'd say it's easier to carry on the momentum to equalise after pulling a goal back from 2-0 down then just equalising from a 1-0 deficit.

And of course, there was also Evans kicking Drogba in the chest with him not only getting off scot free but Drogba got a yellow card.

So annoying. I have a buddy here that does it and seems like he has no problems, but I don't know how often he cashes out.

I just want to gamble why won't the government let me?!

It shouldn't be a problem if your friends aren't fucking idiots. Kid was fazed and thought he could make a second account. He tried to do it on my computer, and Bodog IP banned anyone who had ever made a bet on my IP. It got like 8 of us. lol

WJD

Really? I'd say it's easier to carry on the momentum to equalise after pulling a goal back from 2-0 down then just equalising from a 1-0 deficit.

Well if I remember correctly we were just starting to get a hold of the game and were looking decent before Drogba's goal so it was a sucker-punch in terms of momentum. Like I said, arguable.

And of course, there was also Evans kicking Drogba in the chest with him not only getting off scot free but Drogba got a yellow card.

Which in turn can be countered with Torres' kung-fu kick yesterday and Valencia's yellow for diving (which in fairness to Clattenburg, was consistent with the Torres red) where Mikel could well have been sent off.

As I said before, both teams have had decisions go against them down the years and there's no point arguing that one is worse or better off than the other when one bad decision can always be countered with another.

qindarka

Banned
Well if I remember correctly we were just starting to get a hold of the game and were looking decent before Drogba's goal so it was a sucker-punch in terms of momentum. Like I said, arguable.

Which in turn can be countered with Torres' kung-fu kick yesterday and Valencia's yellow for diving (which in fairness to Clattenburg, was consistent with the Torres red) where Mikel could well have been sent off.

As I said before, both teams have had decisions go against them down the years and there's no point arguing that one is worse or better off than the other when one bad decision can always be countered with another.

Sorry, was just annoyed with some fans and Fergurson who were saying that it was about time they got decisions here by claiming to be victimized before.

Fry

60% - Luis Suarez has scored 60% of Liverpool's PL goals this season. Only Steven Fletcher has a bigger share for his side (100%).

Dat Fletcher.

Meier

I think if you're betting tens of thousands of dollars, there may be a cause for concern.. but who knows. Tons of people play online poker and that's technically illegal too. If you're just tossing a few bucks around, I don't think there's too much to be concerned about (*knocks on wood*).

I've never cashed out. I just lose and lose then put $25 in like 3 months later and lose that too. :lol

Kyoufu

I put a lot of money down on the top La Liga teams beating Division B teams in Copa Del Rey this week.

I won't be disappointed, right?

Meier

Damn, Talksport (via Marca) say Isco is signing a new deal that will double his buyout class.

But Malaga have reacted to the interest in the 20-year-old by preparing a contract offer of their own, which Spanish newspaper Marca believe Isco is certain to sign.

The deal will see Isco almost quadruple his wages, from a salary of just over £6,000-per-week to £23,000-per-week.

And it will see a doubling in his buy-out clause, with clubs asked to pay the much higher figure of £32m to secure his services, although the paper claim that the youngster has no intention of leaving Malaga in the near future.
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...-premier-league-interest-star-midfielder-184?

LegoArmo

What even is piracy these days, is streaming the latest episode of South Park piracy? Is listening to a song uploaded on YouTube, but not on the official VEVO piracy?

Fry

Golden Boy 2012 nominees:

Alaba (Bayern Munich); Ananidze (Spartak de Moscú); Atsu (Porto); Bahebeck (Troyes); Campell (Betis); Castaignos (Twente); Courtois (Atlético de Madrid); Coutinho (Inter de Milán); Deulofeu (FC Barcelona B); Draxler (Schalke 04); Dudu (Dinamo de Kiev); El Shaarawy (Milan); Eriksen (Ajax); Gotze (Borussia Dortmund); Guidetti (Manchester City); Isco (Málaga CF); Jesé (Real Madrid Castilla); John (Benfica); Kadlec (Sparta de Praga); Koke (Atlético de Madrid); Kovacic (Dinamo de Zagreb); Lalkovic (Victoria Guimaraes); Lamela (AS Roma); Longo (RCD Espanyol); Markovic (Partizan de Belgrado); Martins Indi (Feyenord); Muniain (Athletic Club); Musa (CSKA Moscú); Obiang (Sampdoria); Oxlade Chamberlain (Arsenal); Ozdoev (Lokomotiv de Moscú); Pogba (Juventus); Salah (Basilea); Shelvey (Liverpool); Sterling (Liverpool); Varane (Real Madrid); Verratti (Paris Saint Germain) y Xhaka (Borussia M'Gladbach).

---

Coach of the year shortlist: Del Bosque, Di Matteo, Ferguson, Guardiola, Heynckes, Klopp, Low, Mancini, Mourinho & Prandelli.

And the Ballon D'or 23 men shortlist: http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/fifa-announce-2012-ballon-dor-23-man-shortlist/

On RAWK, in the PS3 hacking thread.

'I was going to buy SotC, but I have 3 games preordered so I can't afford it.'

I do love it when they get their panties in a twist because the companies who are losing money actually try to do something about it.

'Sony are cunts. They've made it so I can't play games anymore which have been released post-3.55FW without updating my firmware, which would prevent me from playing my pirated games.'

Meier

Juan Iturbe got robbed! One of these days I'll buy a Porto shirt too. I wonder where I can get one on the cheap.. I looked at their official store before and it was expensive as fuck.

dc89

Golden Boy 2012 nominees:

Alaba (Bayern Munich); Ananidze (Spartak de Moscú); Atsu (Porto); Bahebeck (Troyes); Campell (Betis); Castaignos (Twente); Courtois (Atlético de Madrid); Coutinho (Inter de Milán); Deulofeu (FC Barcelona B); Draxler (Schalke 04); Dudu (Dinamo de Kiev); El Shaarawy (Milan); Eriksen (Ajax); Gotze (Borussia Dortmund); Guidetti (Manchester City); Isco (Málaga CF); Jesé (Real Madrid Castilla); John (Benfica); Kadlec (Sparta de Praga); Koke (Atlético de Madrid); Kovacic (Dinamo de Zagreb); Lalkovic (Victoria Guimaraes); Lamela (AS Roma); Longo (RCD Espanyol); Markovic (Partizan de Belgrado); Martins Indi (Feyenord); Muniain (Athletic Club); Musa (CSKA Moscú); Obiang (Sampdoria); Oxlade Chamberlain (Arsenal); Ozdoev (Lokomotiv de Moscú); Pogba (Juventus); Salah (Basilea); Shelvey (Liverpool); Sterling (Liverpool); Varane (Real Madrid); Verratti (Paris Saint Germain) y Xhaka (Borussia M'Gladbach).

---

Coach of the year shortlist: Del Bosque, Di Matteo, Ferguson, Guardiola, Heynckes, Klopp, Low, Mancini, Mourinho & Prandelli.

And the Ballon D'or 23 men shortlist: http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/fifa-announce-2012-ballon-dor-23-man-shortlist/

United are renown for the quality of their youth players. Yet there are none on that list.

Slizz

Just saw the highlights from the Fulham Reading match. That header from Baird was amazing. Ruiz and Berba also scored some nice goals...

Meier

Yeah, where is Cleverly?

Without checking the specifics on wikipedia, I'd imagine he's probably too old.

The list has quite a few FM wonderkids (Kovacic, Kadlec [best player in 2012 IMO], Campbell, etc.). No Khouma Babacar though. He was my second favorite wonderkid in 2012 and has started out quite well for me in 2013.

Aside from the blindingly obvious odd-one-out, and I feel bad for saying this, but it was pointed out to me; Dalglish won the Carling Cup and reached the FA Cup final but didn't make the list, whereas Ferguson won nothing and is on there.

Also, no Simeone.

WJD

Reading the Perfect Storm thread in the OT while listening to the Halo 4 OST is pretty intense. Hopefully all you American footyGAFers in the NE stay safe.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
How on earth can Fergie get on that shortlist after winning nothing and being dumped into the Europa League mid-way through the season?

Clegg

Balotelli is on the shortlist for the Ballon d'Or.

Just goes to show that you can have a completely mediocre season but get nominated off the back of a handful of decent performances in a tournament.

I ordered a long sleeve kit from Triads a week ago. Interested in seeing the quality.
I ordered the Holland away kit a few months back and the quality was superb. Pity I accidentally ordered it a size too small.

Sucks that it takes roughly a month for it to arrive though (waiting on an Arse away and Juve home kit atm)

I ordered a shirt from soccertriads on the 4th October and it still hasn't shown up which is irritating.
3rd here. Nothing yet as well.

Bumhead

Banned
Dilema time. I want Football Manager 2013 Classic but not Full Fat FM13. Do I spend £30 on the whole lot?

That mode has to be standalone next year, thankyouplease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom