• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

I ordered a shirt from soccertriads on the 4th October and it still hasn't shown up which is irritating.

It'll probably come soon. Took about 3-4 weeks for my previous order to come in. I'm not expecting mine until mid November.

I think if you're betting tens of thousands of dollars, there may be a cause for concern.. but who knows. Tons of people play online poker and that's technically illegal too. If you're just tossing a few bucks around, I don't think there's too much to be concerned about (*knocks on wood*).

I've never cashed out. I just lose and lose then put $25 in like 3 months later and lose that too. :lol

I was just trying to give Slizz the information that is out there. He's just a college kid, I was one of those not too long ago.

Dilema time. I want Football Manager 2013 Classic but not Full Fat FM13. Do I spend £30 on the whole lot?

That mode has to be standalone next year, thankyouplease.

Why don't you spend on FM Mobile and see how it fares before spending now on FM 2013. FM goes on sale all the time.

Meier

Longpigs - On & On just came on my favorites playlist on rdio. Man, what a song...one of the best of the 90s.

I miss Britpop. :*(

Anyone agree with me that Di Matteo should win manager of the year? I mean, you can question his methods all you want, but at the end of the day he took Chelsea from near certainties to be knocked out of the CL to winning the biggest prize in Europe, and the FA Cup.

Mancini achieved the bare minimum
Ferguson didn't win anything, and flopped in 3 of the cups
Klopp did well to hold off Bayern
Del Bosque did what was expected
Mourinho did brilliantly to beat Barca to the title

@Freewheelin', I'm not sure this time. By right, he has it sewed up, but fans seem desperate to give it to someone else for some bizarre reason, even going so far as to say Xavi deserved it last year as some kind of career-award to make up for never having won it in the past, ala Ryan Giggs' PFA award in 2009. If its purely for the best footballer of the last year, its Messi, no question

Anyone else's cat getting their winter coat? So very soft :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adebayor update from Steffen Freund:

"Adebayor came in sick and we need to see how he is tomorrow. I can’t say at the moment which team will travel but it will be a strong one.

This had better be genuine. The workload is starting to weigh on Defoe, we need Ade to play. If he's got the hump then he can go fuck himself.

Mastadon

Banned
Dilema time. I want Football Manager 2013 Classic but not Full Fat FM13. Do I spend £30 on the whole lot?

In terms of a cost to hours of enjoyment ratio, you won't find anything better than FM, even if its just the classic mode.

Anyone agree with me that Di Matteo should win manager of the year? I mean, you can question his methods all you want, but at the end of the day he took Chelsea from near certainties to be knocked out of the CL to winning the biggest prize in Europe, and the FA Cup.

I don't think he should be given too much credit for other players missing penalties. Maybe give him the Lucky Charms® Manager of the Year Award.

£22.95 on GMG

dc89

I ordered a shirt from soccertriads on the 4th October and it still hasn't shown up which is irritating.

Don't let TC see you complaining over this. He's waited forever for his.

I on the other hand, have never really had a problem. I think 2 weeks has been the longest wait.

Meier

Soccer Triads small says it's approximately a size 40" (what I wear for my MCFC shirts). Should I go for the medium (42") or is the sizing fairly accurate?

If I get a James but he moves to United, I'd probably have to burn it..

dc89

Soccer Triads small says it's approximately a size 40" (what I wear for my MCFC shirts). Should I go for the medium (42") or is the sizing fairly accurate?

I'm the same as you, 40" and small is a good fit, just in my opinion. But if you like a slightly baggier fit get medium.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vucinic is a goal-scoring machine in my FM save. He had like 14 in 17 games for Juve.
Yeah, he's world class on paper.
Coach of the year shortlist: Del Bosque, Di Matteo, Ferguson, Guardiola, Heynckes, Klopp, Low, Mancini, Mourinho & Prandelli.
Lol, fucking shameful.

Then Klopp I guess.

Get a smaller one then! GLOBAL WARMING!

Bumhead

Banned
In terms of a cost to hours of enjoyment ratio, you won't find anything better than FM, even if its just the classic mode.

Absolutely. I really can't justify the annual 500+ hour time investment this year though. Classic mode feels like it's arrived right on time for me. Definitely interested in that. Just not sure if I want to spend the full cost of the game to get it.

£22.95 is a good price, though.

Meier

It'd be $31 to get the Porto shirt thanks to that coupon. Wonder if I should get the home or away.. I love the purple on the away tbh. What say you, GAF?

iLOGojA3HOLme.png
ibt6ymAivW9uw0.png

I would also consider getting an Argentina away shirt with Aguero but it's sold out. :(

TrueBlue

Any more information on the Clattenburg stuff?

I don't remember seeing any Chelsea players particularly incensed during the game (beyond the reactions to having two players sent off). I would have thought they would have been freaking-out if a referee said something that offensive.

Well Mikel looked pissed off with Clattenburg at one point, but I think that was directly after the first sending off, so that's natural. It could be that the incident happened then. I have no idea about Mata.

Nyx

Ofcourse you do.

And when you notice FMC is a dissapointment, you're happy the full game is there as well.

TrueBlue

I honestly think it's most likely to be mis-communication that happened in the heat of the moment, and there were a lot of heated moments.

Slizz

Football fans are fickle.

Last season I thought RVP was an uber cunt.

Now I love him.

Haha sports fans in general are like that.

Think I loved Lebron before he came to Miami? Not really, I respected his game as one of the best in the league but I didn't like him.

Now he's on the Heat and I couldn't be happier
(until he doesn't resign with us)

pulga

Banned
It'd be $31 to get the Porto shirt thanks to that coupon. Wonder if I should get the home or away.. I love the purple on the away tbh. What say you, GAF?

I would also consider getting an Argentina away shirt with Aguero but it's sold out. :(

Most NT kits are sold out! :mad: I wanted a France one.

Clegg

Overhauling my United squad.

Sold Evra to Hoffenheim for £5m and Valencia to Tottenham for £25m. Bought M'Vila for £25m and also spent a few million each on some 5* regens. Sold Young to Arsenal in January for £12m.

Going to sell Hernandez too. Bayern want him and I'll use the proceeds of that sale to buy Jovetic. His price has gone through the floor since he handed in a transfer request.

Might buy Draxler too.

Salvadora

Meet Txiki Begiristain, Manchester City's new man and Guardiola's mentor
Manchester City's new director of football is the man credited with bringing Pep Guardiola to Barcelona; the question everyone wants to know is: will he bring him to Eastlands?
Two down, one to go? No sooner had Txiki Begiristain been confirmed as Manchester City's director of football than the inevitable question began to be asked and once they started they did not stop. Begiristain's statement said he was looking forward to working with Roberto Mancini, which it had to say of course, but it seemed everybody wanted to know the same thing: does this mean Pep Guardiola is coming too?

Aitor 'Txiki' Begiristain was the sporting director who turned to Pep Guardiola when Barcelona sacked Frank Rijkaard at the end of the 2008 season. He travelled to see José Mourinho and decided the Portuguese was too much of a fire-starter to entrust with the job. The decision seems logical now: Guardiola became the most successful coach in Barcelona's history, winning a treble in his first season. At the time the decision was a brave and risky one.

Now everyone wants Guardiola; back then, few did. Begiristain was one of them. Guardiola won the European Cup. Rijkaard, the first coach to work under Begiristain, had won one too. Joan Laporta, the Barcelona president, once said: "Bringing in Txiki was the best decision I ever made." Under him, Barcelona won two European Cups and five league titles in seven years. When he came in with Laporta in 2003, Barcelona had gone four years without a trophy and were lurching from crisis to crisis.

Yet Barcelona had begun a slide under Rijkaard and even before the 2007-08 season was finished Begiristain had determined a change was needed, even as some on the board resisted. The decision may even have come late, but it did finally come. Begiristain said Rijkaard had lost control of the dressing room. There was, though, no guarantee that Guardiola would wrest it back again, still less that he would prove successful. He had only been a coach for one season: with Barcelona B.

But Begiristain had faith in Guardiola. He formed part of the Johan Cruyff-led dream team alongside Guardiola that won the 1992 European Cup and they shared an approach. Cruyff was Laporta's mentor; Begiristain was Cruyff's suggestion.

Begiristain is a Basque who had been signed from Real Sociedad and claims to have learnt Catalan sitting in Barcelona's traffic jams, repeating everything he heard on the radio. Funny, chatty, likeable and smart, Cruyff described him as a "clever" player. So clever, Cruyff's No2 Charly Rexach claimed, that in the pouring rain and mud of Atoxa, he'd leave the pitch with hardly a stain on him.

As sporting director he insisted on the need for style and substance. Full-backs had to be attacking and at least one of the central defenders must be capable of bringing the ball out from the back – of being a player as well as a protector. Although there were question marks about some of his signings - Maxi López and Alexandr Hleb among them – the decision to go for Guardiola has huge symbolic significance. It would have been easier to chose Mourinho. Indeed, as Graham Hunter explains in his book Barça, Guardiola himself told him just that.

Begiristain had travelled to Lisbon with two directors, Marc Ingla and Ferran Soriano, to see Mourinho. The presentation was impressive but Begiristain, Soriano and Ingla were not keen; there was something about his personality that did not fit. They would win, sure, but it was not enough simply to win. Guardiola was not just the right manager, he was the right man. When they returned, the message was unanimous: it has got to be Guardiola. Soriano and Begiristain went to get him.

Soriano left Barcelona in 2008, Begiristain two years later and Guardiola last summer. Soriano and Begiristain have since arrived at Manchester City. Guardiola is in New York on a sabbatical, mulling over his next move.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/oct/28/pep-guardiola-manchester-city

Potential Ability: 1 - 5 stars, just like in FM.
(edit: it's the Golden Boy nominees)
(edit2: it's my personal opinion, just to be clear)

Code:
David Alaba (Bayern München) - 4,5
Jano Ananidze (Spartak Moskau) - dk
Christian Atsu (FC Porto) - dk
Jean-Christophe Bahebeck (Troyes) - dk
Joel Campell (Betis Sevila) - dk
Luc Castaignos (Twente Enschede) - 4
Thibaut Courtois (Atlético Madrid) - 5
Philippe Coutinho (Inter Mailand) - dk
Gerard Deulofeu (FC Barcelona B) - dk apart from FM
Julian Draxler (Schalke 04) - 4,5
Dudu (Dinamo Kiew) - dk
Stephan El Shaarawy (AC Mailand) - 3,5
Christian Eriksen (Ajax Amsterdam) - 4,5
Mario Götze (Borussia Dortmund) - 5
John Guidetti (Manchester City) - 3,5
Isco (FC Málaga) - 5
Jesé Rodríguez (Real Madrid Castilla) - dk
Ola John (Benfica Lissabon) - dk
Vaclav Kadlec (Sparta Prag) - dk apart from FM
Koke (Atlético Madrid) - dk
Mateo Kovacic (Dinamo Zagreb) - dk apart from FM
Milan Lalkovic (Victoria Guimaraes) dk
Erik Lamela (AS Rom) - 4
Semuele Longo (RCD Espanyol) - dk
Lazar Markovic (Partizan Belgrad) - dk apart from FM
Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord Rotterdamm) - dk
Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao) - 5
Ahmed Musa (ZSKA Moskau) - dk apart from FM
Pedro Obiang (Sampdoria Genua) - dk
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal London) - 4
Magomed Ozdoev (Lokomotive Moskau) - dk
Paul Pogba (Juventus Turin) - 5
Mohamed Salah (FC Basel) - dk
Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool) - 3,5 (4 if you get him to be a DM)
Raheem Sterling (Liverpool) - 4,5
Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid) - 4,5
Marco Verratti (Paris St. Germain) - dk apart from FM
Granit Xhaka (Borussia Mönchengladbach) - 4

Linius

About to go to a Tame Impala concert. I think I should wear something with all the colors of the rainbow.

Also, The Walking Dead was awesome. Just saw last sunday's episode :D

Dat governor

Az

About to go to a Tame Impala concert. I think I should wear something with all the colors of the rainbow.

Also, The Walking Dead was awesome. Just saw last sunday's episode :D

Dat governor

Great show. If it goes the comic book way completely, expect a crazy season.

Yeah very much doubt they will be doing that, it still got the whole database, licenses, match engine and really most gameplay elements, just a bit dumbed down.

Linius

Great show. If it goes the comic book way completely, expect a crazy season.

Well that's the thing, most of the time it doesn't go like in the comics. Though the crazy person aspect will be present in the show. But from what I read lots of things went down different than in the TV show.

Hixx

Holy shit that knacker who bought Rangers is putting them on a level with Barca and Man United
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

"If Man United is worth 1.2 billion pounds, how are Rangers worth 30 million?"
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Another gem:

"We can treble our revenues. Man United can't say that."

LegoArmo

Holy shit that knacker who bought Rangers is putting them on a level with Barca and Man United
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Another gem:

He's off his head.

Kyoufu

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Another gem:

Hahaha. How about winning an away game in the 3rd division?

It'll probably come soon. Took about 3-4 weeks for my previous order to come in. I'm not expecting mine until mid November.

Both of you shut up, I ordered 2 shirts on August 26th and have yet to get them..... seriously. The guy they left Sinngapore last week... we shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom