• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
That Everton/Liverpool game......the first half was one of the better halves of soccer I've seen this year but after the break it was just players on both sides pleading for fouls after any contact and pleading for cards when a foul was given, not much fun to watch. I think the ref did a pretty good job all things considered until that final play. What was the official call? offside or a foul? Goal looked legit live and on replays.
http://angryofislington.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/liverpool-everton-suarez-goal-rotate.jpg

2 hands on the Eveton player is not exactly too harsh to disallow the goal imo. Offside is the wrong call though.

I wish Fellaini had been shown harsher treatment but Sterling was perhaps lucky not to see a second yellow.
How about how lucky Suarez was? His tackle was dodgy.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Best moment of the day:

1351432060377.gif

you kids and your fancy imgur. I use photobucket! lol

So cup games mid week huh

I'm on the Dortmund bandwagon. Always thought they had the best kit (after barca) and now they beat Madrid <3

pulga

Banned
What the fuck happened in here? Wilbury banned, elsk and Messi are leaving? What'd I miss? I've been with a massive hangover, got home at 8 am, drunk and reckless as fuck.

GorillaJu

http://angryofislington.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/liverpool-everton-suarez-goal-rotate.jpg

2 hands on the Eveton player is not exactly too harsh to disallow the goal imo. Offside is the wrong call though.

He got a booking for it which is plenty. There's no way that was an instant red it was clearly unintentional. He was stepping in to get goal side since it looked like Distin would pass it to Howard, but Distin hesitated slightly and Suarez's foot landed on his. It was unfortunate, and a foul, and nasty enough to deserve punishment but a yellow is all you'd need for that.

I've now seen Johnny Evans go in two footed with studs showing three times in three straight weeks and escaped punishment every time. This is a much more bothersome circumstance for me.

GorillaJu

So if we're ranking strikers, how would your guys' top 10s go?

Mine would go

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. RVP
4. Falcao
5. Agüero
6. Lewandowski
7. Higuain
8. Tévez
9. Suarez
10. Cavani

I'm not making a distinction between pure number 9s and forwards who start out wide and cut in to score so come at me about Suarez's inclusion, not Ronaldo's :p

Mine would go

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. RVP
4. Falcao
5. Agüero
6. Lewandowski
7. Higuain
8. Tévez
9. Suarez
10. Cavani

I'm not making a distinction between pure number 9s and forwards who start out wide and cut in to score so come at me about Suarez's inclusion, not Ronaldo's :p
Zlatan-Ibrahimovic280~2.jpg

FootballFan

Mine would go

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. RVP
4. Falcao
5. Agüero
6. Lewandowski
7. Higuain
8. Tévez
9. Suarez
10. Cavani

1.Messi
2.Ronaldo sucks
3.Falcao
4.RVP
5.Cavani
6.Villa
7.Ibra also sucks
8.Rooney
9.Matri
10.Benz

(To be clear, Villa would be higher but he hasn't had much time to prove himself with injuries and all)

sohois

Mine would go

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. RVP
4. Falcao
5. Agüero
6. Lewandowski
7. Higuain
8. Tévez
9. Suarez
10. Cavani

Swap out Lewandowski for Ibra. Also David Villa should probably be in there somewhere.

Lightning

Banned

Mine would go

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. RVP
4. Falcao
5. Agüero
6. Lewandowski
7. Higuain
8. Tévez
9. Suarez
10. Cavani

You're missing Rooney who is better than Suarez. Suarez for all his talent is incredibly wasteful in front of goal. So many more points Liverpool would have if he were more clinical.

1.Messi
2.Ronaldo sucks
3.Falcao
4.RVP
5.Cavani
6.Villa
7.Ibra also sucks
8.Rooney
9.Matri
10.Benz

(To be clear, Villa would be higher but he hasn't had much time to prove himself with injuries and all)
This is more mine expect I would have Lewandowski on there somewhere. He is class.

pulga

Banned

Mine would go

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. RVP
4. Falcao
5. Agüero
6. Lewandowski
7. Higuain
8. Tévez
9. Suarez
10. Cavani

Benzema is better than half that list.

FootballFan

You're missing Rooney who is better than Suarez. Suarez for all his talent is incredibly wasteful in front of goal. So many more points Liverpool would have if he were more clinical.

Benzema is better than half that list.

Swap out Lewandowski for Ibra. Also David Villa should probably be in there somewhere.

Lolol My list was pretty much everything you guys said.

1.Messi
2.Ronaldo sucks
3.Falcao
4.RVP
5.Cavani
6.Villa
7.Ibra also sucks
8.Rooney
9.Matri
10.Benz

This is more mine expect I would have Lewandowski on there somewhere. He is class.

Probably in there for Matri who was my joke player in the list(sorry Juve-GAF)

GorillaJu

I didn't include Villa because he hasn't been playing through injury. Ibra is a big oversight but I couldn't include Benzema because I don't think he's better than those 10. Anyway I asked for your lists not just to critique mine.

Also Suarez may be wasteful in front of goal but he's got 6 in the prem right now (only one less than Van Persie) on top of being a phenomenal dribbler/chance creator.

GorillaJu

Soccer in America is not a working class sport. It's a bit yuppie and trendy compared to baseball and football, the former being America's blue collar equivalent.

Anyway, Rooney, on current form, does not belong on a top 10 world strikers list. Not to me.

PJX

I thought the ref was actually quite good until the final play as well. In fact it wasn't even the ref that was the problem there but the linesman who wrongly called it offside well after the goal was scored, bending to player pressure.

I wish Fellaini had been shown harsher treatment but Sterling was perhaps lucky not to see a second yellow.

I like Fellaini but he is a dirty player. It's reaching JT and Vidic level dirty now.

I don't recall Huth getting anything when he purposely stamped on Suarez chest. Suarez one was unintentional like odd said.

spidye

Not trying to be an ass here, but you should try to find some kind of help to overcome that. You'll have a better life if you manage to do that. At first it sure could be hard, but it is worth it!

Also, I'm leaving the forum for a while. I need to work on some issues I have right now and I think FootyGAF is too fun and distracting right now :) all you guys are awesome. See you all soon

edit: fuck Toni Kroos.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

come back as soon as possible

fuck heynckes

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
QPR's M'Bia...
&#8220;Marseille told me they needed to raise money.

&#8220;But I never thought I would come here to QPR.

&#8220;I thought they were in Scotland.&#8221;

lol

Did he think he was signing for Rangers? Almost as dumb as his sending-off.

Mata has scored more goals for Chelsea than Torres and Ramires just two less.

I don't know if Liverpool knew it when they sold him, but they totally mugged Chelsea off :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mata has scored more goals for Chelsea than Torres and Ramires just two less.

I don't know if Liverpool knew it when they sold him, but they totally mugged Chelsea off :lol

At the time, did anybody think it was a good move? Given the financial clout Chelsea have, it seemed a bizarre signing even then. I don't remember how close to the end of the window the move came, but if Chelsea had £50m to spend I have no idea why they didn't buy somebody better.

Lord Snow

Banned
At the time, did anybody think it was a good move? Given the financial clout Chelsea have, it seemed a bizarre signing even then. I don't remember how close to the end of the window the move came, but if Chelsea had £50m to spend I have no idea why they didn't buy somebody better.
There were rumours for ages that they were after Aguero but didn't want to pay over £35m for him, I hope that's true. Makes it all the sweeter :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No Messi or Ronaldo since it's too obvious.

9 / False 9 (not in order):

Falcao
Cavani
RVP
Llorente
Dzeko
Evilore
Gomez
Higuain

10 (not in order, and most of them versatile as hell):

David Villa
Aguero
Tevez
Rooney
Benzema
Neymar
Lavezzi
Alexis Sánchez
Suarez

Most overrated (IN ORDER):

Ibrahimovich.
Zlatan.
Ibra.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I have right now.

Hindle

Banned
All this racism bullshit is ruining the game. They need to sort it out behind the scenes, it's fucking annoying having to listen to them debate it every week.

Stimpy

Gerrard asked the linesman if Suarez was offside and he told him 'I think so' Real conviction behind that decision then.

fuenf

No Messi or Ronaldo since it's too obvious.

9 / False 9 (not in order):

Falcao
Cavani
RVP
Llorente
Dzeko
Evilore
Gomez
Higuain

10 (not in order, and most of them versatile as hell):

David Villa
Aguero
Tevez
Rooney
Benzema
Neymar
Lavezzi
Alexis Sánchez
Suarez

Most overrated (IN ORDER):

Ibrahimovich.
Zlatan.
Ibra.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I have right now.

2x! this is the correct list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom