• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya hasn't managed an assist since Soton (week 1). Scored goals in weeks 2 and 3 but nothing since there too.

Our playmakers as a whole are really struggling. Tevez is the only legitimate start right now on the whole squad and even he had a bit of a week patch.

Toure can't be arsed at the moment. His performance against Swansea was a disgrace, to be honest

D_prOdigy

Yaya hasn't managed an assist since Soton (week 1). Scored goals in weeks 2 and 3 but nothing since there too.

Our playmakers as a whole are really struggling. Tevez is the only legitimate start right now on the whole squad and even he had a bit of a week patch.

He's already in Barcelona

He'll probably find form

Bumhead

Banned
Not sure about that. I would say stoke are slightly worse. Ever so slightly.

Effective at what they do though.

I reckon QPR are the most flawed side in the league at the moment. Not just because they're bottom of the league - although that's a factor - but they're a hopelessly badly run side without an identity, a plan or a competent manager.

How not to run a football club.

fuenf

The payroll is actually even lower. Those 80m include bonuses. I'm confident that we can continue that strategy of signing cheap, young players who are yet to "make a name for themselves" and if you look at the transfer rumors it's still super young players, some with a higher profile (Isco), some still relatively unknown and therefore still cheap (Rode, Kirchhoff) while other completely unknown/obscure (Arkadiusz Milik).

I don't really think we'll see "made stars" in Dortmund in the foreseeable future....unless we exceed all expectations and manage to get into the CL semis or something, then the management might have an incentive to spend some more and maybe even go for ppl. like KP Boateng or so.

Yeah, of course we got lucky with Klopp, but we'd probably manage the turnaround without him (Watzke is the main man here), it's just that there probably wouldn't be any championships to celebrate.
Yeah, Bayern probably won't make the most of its resources until Hoeneß/Rummgeficke retire - they just have way too much influence in the day-to-day affairs.

Now that's a first,, i agree with almost everything you said, except the Bayern bashing of course. I mean maybe they could make more of their resources, but they are a Top 3 club in Europe anyway. I mean they do a good job on the business side of things, they just cant find a competent coach and /or give him time to really changes things. I mean say what you want about Klinsmann, but he at least lit a fire under their asses and catapulted the club into the 21st century. Yeah he was a bad coach, but i figure he'd be a better sporting director than Nerlinger / Sammer.

(sorry for the late answer, had a busy afternoon)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Mark Clattenburg earns anything up to £75,000 a year as full-time referee in the Premiership."

Not including bribes, rodvik.

Lightning

Banned
It's difficult to predict the side we'll see but I could see something like this happening:

Szczesny
Miquel/Koscielny/Djourou/Jenkinson
Coquelin/Frimpong
Gnabry/Arshavin/Eisfeld
Chamakh

Reading haven't won at home this season.
I heard Walcott is starting so maybe Chamkah on the bench? Otherwise that is a fantastic squad and I'm certain we'll win.

Meier

Toure can't be arsed at the moment. His performance against Swansea was a disgrace, to be honest

He has always been the kinda guy who turns it off and on but usually when it's on, he can make a storming run or two which leads to a goal. During this stretch, he's had some of those but we just haven't been able to do anything with them.

I couldn't watch the match this weekend since we had a meeting with an apartment finder at 10:00 (game started at 11:00) but you're not the first to mention he was particularly off in it. I hope our UCL performance has not lead to him "checking out" so to speak.

Lightning

Banned
Wilshere mentioned that he might feature. If Walcott does feature it would be the opportune moment to start him up front.
Wenger has ruled Wilshere out so he ain't featuring.

Wenger wants to take it slow with Jack and rightfully so. He isn't even confirmed for this weekend as Wenger wants to see how he comes through training first.

Anyone feel like rugby players are turning into their football counterparts? People used to hold rugby up as some sort of moral bastion, but it seems like not a week goes by without one of them getting banned for fucking about off the pitch or booting another player in the head these days

rodvik

rodvik, you might as well add an explosion/fire to your avatar.

disaster-girl.jpg

lol, its just Bantz (that ones for you Jeff).

I dont seriously think Fergie bribes refs.

he has people to do that for him.

Sporting x Academica starts in 40 min. If we lose this match, it will be our 5th consecutive loss and it will officially be our worst losing streak of all time.

Meier

Sporting x Academica starts in 40 min. If we lose this match, it will be our 5th consecutive loss and it will officially be our worst losing streak of all time.

Eek! Well, you certainly should beat them but who knows this season. At a minimum, I'd think a draw was in the cards..

Eek! Well, you certainly should beat them but who knows this season. At a minimum, I'd think a draw was in the cards..

The way thngs are going this season, I learned to always expect the worst.~
Starting team:

Rui Patrico, Santiago Arias, Boulahroz, Rojo, Insua, Rinaudo, Schaars, Adrien, Pranjic, Viola and Wolfswinkel.

Elias, Carrillo and André Martins aren´t even on the bench. No idea if we are going to play on a 4-4-2 or if Viola will be used as a winger. I really don´t care at this point, I just want a win...

Fry

Not a year ago he was laughably bad and worse than Reina and Valdes.

Now it's kind of the other way around. Who didn't expect that though?

Well, I didn't expect Reina to turn into an unreliable keeper.

Kyoufu

That was just smart positioning. He knew the ball would be going to his left so he made his way there and made a comfortable save.

Amazing how so many keepers are oblivious to that.

Meier

I will fight this with GIF

http://footballspeak.com/PostImages/uploadedimage/2012_6_3_16_53.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wasn't that match later in the season though? I feel like that was in February or March when he'd found his form. I do recall 1-2 of Chelsea's goals that game being his fault prior to that glorious save.

D_prOdigy

Wasn't that match later in the season though? I feel like that was in February or March when he'd found his form. I do recall 1-2 of Chelsea's goals that game being his fault prior to that glorious save.

I think to say de Gea has ever enjoyed 'form' at United is being generous. He's never had a problem stopping shots, but has never been convincing in certain other aspects of his game. Never yet a complete package.

Still think he's good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom