• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
BBC Tweet said:
Mark Clattenburg will not referee a match this weekend because of the "intense level of scrutiny" on him. #bbcsportsday

I suppose that's a start, but it ultimately doesn't fix the problem surrounding crucial decisions.

Yen

In FM, do the opposition sides catch on to your tactics? Last season my tactics and first eleven comfortably won the League and Euro double. This season, despite strengthening, I'm 12 points off the pace by Christmas. What gives?

looks good

if you are poor
Welp, I guess I am atm., but fuck you for pointing that out - lol

In FM, do the opposition sides catch on to your tactics? Last season my tactics and first eleven comfortably won the League and Euro double. This season, despite strengthening, I'm 12 points off the pace by Christmas. What gives?

Yes, I even noticed it from first to second leg! 13 definitely got smarter that way.

/the last time I played I always went defensive/counter in away games (still often scoring 4-5 goals, even against stronger opposition), while keeping it steady in the home games and then depending on first leg scoreline too - basically: mix up as much as you can.
Oh and mind games do work too (help you win...or at least it felt like that to me)

Linius

HTC got a phone named Butterfly? :lol

That one isn't for sale over here I guess: P

I have a Sony Xperia S at the moment. Will be switching phones early next year.

Yen

Welp, I guess I am atm., but fuck you for pointing that out - lol

Yes, I even noticed it from first to second leg! 13 definitely got smarter that way.

/the last time I played I always went defensive/counter in away games (still often scoring 4-5 goals, even against stronger opposition), while keeping it steady in the home games and then depending on first leg scoreline too - basically: mix up as much as you can.
Oh and mind games do work too (help you win...or at least it felt like that to me)

I spent very big (over 48 months!) under the assumption I would continue to do well in the league and Europe. Don't think I'm going to be in the top 4 this year. :(

Meier

Seems a lot harder to break in a young keeper in FM this year as well. Last year, I gave Helton the boot immediately for Luis Guilherme but he isn't in the game this year unless you pick the Brazilian league I guess. Even against lowly competition, my 4.5* (future) regen keeper (cost $6m up front, $6m over 48) on is giving up 2-3 goals every time I play him despite a stout back 4 of Alex Sandro (4*), Maicon (4*), 3*/4* guy I bought to replace Otamendi who got shipped off to Milan with a 50% sell-on clause, and Danilo (4*).

I am not sure if my 4-1-1-3-1 formation is just not clicking or what, but I'm not scoring nearly as much this year either. Definitely seems like they made it a good bit harder.

Salvadora

Potential Ability: 1 - 5 stars, just like in FM.
(edit: it's the Golden Boy nominees)
(edit2: it's my personal opinion, just to be clear)

Code:
David Alaba (Bayern München) - 4,5
Jano Ananidze (Spartak Moskau) - dk
Christian Atsu (FC Porto) - dk
Jean-Christophe Bahebeck (Troyes) - dk
Joel Campell (Betis Sevila) - dk
Luc Castaignos (Twente Enschede) - 4
Thibaut Courtois (Atlético Madrid) - 5
Philippe Coutinho (Inter Mailand) - dk
Gerard Deulofeu (FC Barcelona B) - dk apart from FM
Julian Draxler (Schalke 04) - 4,5
Dudu (Dinamo Kiew) - dk
Stephan El Shaarawy (AC Mailand) - 3,5
Christian Eriksen (Ajax Amsterdam) - 4,5
Mario Götze (Borussia Dortmund) - 5
John Guidetti (Manchester City) - 3,5
Isco (FC Málaga) - 5
Jesé Rodríguez (Real Madrid Castilla) - dk
Ola John (Benfica Lissabon) - dk
Vaclav Kadlec (Sparta Prag) - dk apart from FM
Koke (Atlético Madrid) - dk
Mateo Kovacic (Dinamo Zagreb) - dk apart from FM
Milan Lalkovic (Victoria Guimaraes) dk
Erik Lamela (AS Rom) - 4
Semuele Longo (RCD Espanyol) - dk
Lazar Markovic (Partizan Belgrad) - dk apart from FM
Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord Rotterdamm) - dk
Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao) - 5
Ahmed Musa (ZSKA Moskau) - dk apart from FM
Pedro Obiang (Sampdoria Genua) - dk
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal London) - 4
Magomed Ozdoev (Lokomotive Moskau) - dk
Paul Pogba (Juventus Turin) - 5
Mohamed Salah (FC Basel) - dk
Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool) - 3,5 (4 if you get him to be a DM)
Raheem Sterling (Liverpool) - 4,5
Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid) - 4,5
Marco Verratti (Paris St. Germain) - dk apart from FM
Granit Xhaka (Borussia Mönchengladbach) - 4
Joel Campbell is on loan from Arsenal, can't wait until he gets a work permit.

Salvadora

FA begins an investigation after Chelsea accuse referee Mark Clattenburg

The Football Association on Monday launched a formal investigation into allegations that Mark Clattenburg used "inappropriate language" towards John Obi Mikel and Juan Mata during Chelsea's acrimonious defeat to Manchester United.

Clattenburg was on Sunday accused by the European champions of making comments that are understood to have been interpreted as racist during Sunday's Premier League game at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea made an official complaint to the match delegate, whose report on Monday appeared to have been passed to the FA.

The FA statement read: "The FA has begun an investigation relating to allegations made following Sunday's fixture at Stamford Bridge between Chelsea and Manchester United [Sunday 28 October 2012]. The FA will make no further comment at this time."

The Professional Game Match Officials has confirmed that Clattenburg will not officiate a match this weekend stating, "that with any football match the focus should not be on the officials but on the players and the game itself".

The referees' union has pledged its "full support" to Clattenburg. The 37-year-old from Gosforth was given the full backing of Prospect, who said in a statement: "Prospect is committed to helping to eradicate racism in football and in society generally.

"In the context of that commitment, Prospect is offering full support to Mark Clattenburg in relation to the allegations made against him."

The Metropolitan Police have announced an investigation has been launched into an incident which saw a steward injured during the match at Stamford Bridge.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/29/mark-clattenburg-fa-statement-chelsea

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Adjusted Serie A table with all incorrect decisions altered. Source is tuttonapoli, so it's safe to say it's extremely biased to Napoli.

LA CLASSIFICA SENZA ERRORI -
JUVENTUS 23 (-2)
NAPOLI 18 (-4)
INTER 17 (-4)
ROMA 17 (+3)
LAZIO 15 (-3)
PARMA 14 (+2)
FIORENTINA 13 (-2)
SAMPDORIA 12 (+2)
UDINESE 11 (-1)
TORINO 10 (+1)
MILAN 10 (=)
CATANIA 10 (-1)
GENOA 9 (=)
ATALANTA 9 (=)
PALERMO 9 (+2)
PESCARA 8 (=)
CAGLIARI 8 (-3)
BOLOGNA 7 (=)
CHIEVO 5 (+2)
SIENA 4 (+1)

Well well.
aRzsX.gif

Now shut the fuck up Zeman.

Lightning

Banned
I hope we field a strong side agsinst Reading as I don't really want us to lose the game.

And Clattenburg pays the price this weekend. Excellent. Lesson to referees to not ruin games.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not sure about that. I would say stoke are slightly worse. Ever so slightly.

Stoke have played some decent stuff this season and not been as one-dimensional as before, Adam, Kightly and N'Zonzi have made a real difference.

Sunderland are just totally insipid going forwards at the moment. They cause zero problems for most teams.

Meier

I thought Adam Johnson would be scoring by default after the move to Sunderland. Not a single SOG in the Premiership yet. Managed 2 assists in the Carling Cup but that does fuck all for my fantasy team.

Surprised/disappointed at how little Granero has done for QPR. :(

Any one want a possible ticket to the Chelsea vs. Man Utd game on Wednesday?

You will have to sit next to me :p My brother is looking less likely to be able to go. I should know by tomorrow morning if he is coming or not.

Salvadora

I hope we field a strong side agsinst Reading as I don't really want us to lose the game.
It's difficult to predict the side we'll see but I could see something like this happening:

Szczesny
Miquel/Koscielny/Djourou/Jenkinson
Coquelin/Frimpong
Gnabry/Arshavin/Eisfeld
Chamakh

Reading haven't won at home this season.

Meier

Yaya hasn't managed an assist since Soton (week 1). Scored goals in weeks 2 and 3 but nothing since there too.

Our playmakers as a whole are really struggling. Tevez is the only legitimate start right now on the whole squad and even he had a bit of a week patch.

jtb

Banned
It's difficult to predict the side we'll see but I could see something like this happening:

Szczesny
Miquel/Koscielny/Djourou/Jenkinson
Coquelin/Frimpong
Gnabry/Arshavin/Eisfeld
Chamakh

Reading haven't won at home this season.

That'd be a pretty decent weakened side. Rather play Squillaci over Koscielny though... gotta protect the few competent center halves we do have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom