• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attacked by fans or crushed by some fat dude pushing the people in front of him? Better quality where it you can actually see something and isn't recorded of a tv screen making it look like he was punched down. I have no doubt that in your imagination the whole stand has already taken turns at stabbing him at this point though and the police simply couldn't be bothered doing anything.

http://i.minus.com/iNuQYDfGCIupK.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]Feels good to have that clown on ignore. "Attacked" a steward, :lol. "Chelsea got [I]lucky[/I] and beat us [I]5-1[/I]", :lol. "Chelsea get [I]all[/I] the decisions" (they scored via the hand in our last meeting), :lol.

He has some top material. I'm not sure who my favorite Spurs fan on here is, him or the other one. Oh, but don't claim they take ridiculous pops at Chelsea all the time. They're not pops, just fair, well thought out and impartial comments.

:lol, top bunch.

Edit: did I say :lol?

Woah, Usho's got under kyle's skin.

Usho you should have posted about the chair Chelsea fans threw, there would have been no alternative explanation for that :p

TrueBlue

Eh, I just don't think there's any need to paint all fans with the same brush. That happens all the time though, and everyone does it, so y'know.

Woah, Usho's got under kyle's skin.

Usho you should have posted about the chair Chelsea fans threw, there would have been no alternative explanation for that :p
Nah, this is not a new thing.

Oh yeah, he's also the same guy who's gone his whole life without offending anybody, ever, even by accident. Top bloke.

Edit: It's a fact, I believe it's a fact anyway, that Chelsea fans are the only fans out there, who are the perfect blend of thugs and fair weather prawn sandwich eaters. It's rare you get such a quality combination, but I think we've nailed it.

- Subotic (2014): lived a while in US, has a preference for EPL (supposedly) - appears to be attached to the club, but I'm not too keen on him signing a new contract.

Why? Subotic is reliable, gets along well with Hummels and improved his passing this season, too. He was amazing on Saturday. I'd give him a new contract instantly.

Yeah, it sucks for Santana but what can you do :/

qePMd.png

wamUj.png

x3d1C.png

mWVje.png

cristiano-ronaldo-injustica.gif

http://i.imgur.com/qePMd.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wamUj.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/x3d1C.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mWVje.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/cristiano-ronaldo-injustica.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

To make you feel better!

[QUOTE][IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/65482_4890025893706_684849004_n.jpg

fuenf

Whaa, you cray. Bayern would be nuts with a striker who can actively participate in creating chances, you'd also be more dangerous when it comes to counterattacks since Lewa can hold up the ball while everyone else is moving catching up.
Of course Dortmund would never EVER sell him to Bayern (Vidal situation redux).
I think you're stuck with the Marios for a while (unless a new, high profile coach will come shake things up).

Well you do know that i actually like Gomez as our striker? I'm not elsk.

Normally, yeah Dortmund wouldnt sell to Bayern, but what if Lewa only wants to go to Bayern and Bayern offers more than the other clubs? I know, getting him would be batshit insane, but think about it: the rumour has been going on a long time (just like Neuer, Gomez). Furthermore i'm not saying it makes sense, but it would be a classic Hoeneß 'prestige transfer' (even the not making any sense factor!):
Show the world, that Bayern is still the biggest club in Germany (especially if Dortmund takes the title). Bayern is already starting a media war against Dortmund this season and buying one of Dortmund's top players would be the logical next step. Dortmund might even be clever enough to take on one of the Bayern talents / players in return... Long story short, i fear that Bayern will move for Lewandowski and that Dortmund will be the clear winner, should such a transfer ever happen.

Also, striker and a #10 would be the only area Bayern could logically 'improve' next season, every other position is literally set in stone already.

Do you have a gambling addiction Meus?

Depends on what your definition of 'addiction' is. I only bet what I'm willing to lose. I read some people get so hooked that they begin going into Overdraft or trying to win back stakes they've lost. That's something I'd never do.

I think KP would do well at Dortmund, but given his history i doubt they would sign him. Bayern could be an option, arent they looking for bad guys now? Also the Jerome factor... mh.

I fear that Lewandowski will move to Bayern for 25m+. Another classic prestige transfer, he wont be any better than Gomez or Mandzukic (as long as Heynckes is the coach) and Dortmund will buy another 2 or 3 world class talents with the money.

I think Klopp said that Boateng is an amazing player and he would have loved to keep him. If Klopp really wants him, I can see us going for him. I'm not so sure if we need him, though. Götze and Reus for CAM, Leitner and Gündogan for CM, add Bittencourt as back up for both spots. A Reus-Boateng-Götze line would be pretty awesome, though. But that would fuck over Kuba, too.

About Lewandowski, nope. If he really wants to go to Bayern (what I really don't believe) it would be on a free in 2014, Watzke won't ever sell him to Bayern. He'd probably end up at Juve before Bayern :D

Why? Subotic is reliable, gets along well with Hummels and improved his passing this season, too. He was amazing on Saturday. I'd give him a new contract instantly.

Yeah, it sucks for Santana but what can you do :/

No wait, I'd like to keep him - he's not perfect, but he's fine & fully integrated into the team. Of course we could do better with someone faster/better at passing (but those peeps are mostly small so you can't have it all.)
It's just that I'm not too sure he'll actually stay/sign a new contract.
I really wish Santana would leave us asap, I want him to start for some decent Bulli team instead of rotting at our bench, lol
It's nice to have a strong third CB, but it's pretty shitty for him :|

/fuck that, the Sporting player clearly looked to get a pen...yeah and he's getting carded
Nice work, ref.

spidye

our problem is not the squad. we have with dortmund by far the best squad in the league. we need a much better coach.
a coach who understands something about tactics or strategies and doesn't go all offensive with kroos as the single central midfielder

No wait, I'd like to keep him - he's not perfect, but he's fine & fully integrated into the team. Of course we could do better with someone faster/better at passing (but those peeps are mostly small so you can't have it all.)
It's just that I'm not too sure he'll actually stay/sign a new contract.
I really wish Santana would leave us asap, I want him to start for some decent Bulli team instead of rotting at our bench, lol
It's nice to have a strong third CB, but it's pretty shitty for him :|

Well, yeah. I think the problem with Subotic's new contract will be the length. He knows what he's got here and Klopp is incredibly important to him, too. Also wasn't there an interview with him in which he said something like "The PL was my dream but dreams don't always have to became reality"? But I'd imagine we'd want him to sign a new contract until 2016 or 2017. And that might be the problem, I think that's a long time for a guy like him.

I'd rather see Santana on our bench than play for fucking Wolfsburg, though. Hope he plays tomorrow!

It´s shocking how our reserve team is dominating Divison 2, playing against fully developed players with lots of experience and yet our senior squad barely can put 2 passes together.

Scum

Is thre a reason why English players don't go abroad? They won't get played in the PL eventually, the more big stars come etc. it would improve them greatly playing in Spain, Germany, Portugal, it's why we're so shit because they don't learn new disciplines and styles.

They're too dumb to leave their comfort zone.

Yen

carrie baird ‏@carriebaird
VI-tv discussed Huntelaar maybe to Liverpool in summer, he'll be free & both parties supposedly have concrete interest.

COCKS OUT!!!!

Sporting should have gotten an indirect fk inside the box for that back pass there at the end.
Damn, they're really struggling atm, flirting with relegation and all - how come?

I think Klopp said that Boateng is an amazing player and he would have loved to keep him. If Klopp really wants him, I can see us going for him. I'm not so sure if we need him, though. Götze and Reus for CAM, Leitner and Gündogan for CM, add Bittencourt as back up for both spots. A Reus-Boateng-Götze line would be pretty awesome, though. But that would fuck over Kuba, too.

About Lewandowski, nope. If he really wants to go to Bayern (what I really don't believe) it would be on a free in 2014, Watzke won't ever sell him to Bayern. He'd probably end up at Juve before Bayern :D
Yeah, I'm sure he likes Boateng and would like to have him back. I think Perisic or even GK are on their way out, tbh. GK would've normally signed a new contract by now, but I guess he didn't like the terms so far and who could blame Dortmund's top brass after his volatile form and lack of development. I'm sure Klopp will want to keep him around as a defensive option, but Perisic could go since he barely shows any progress in terms in his "play vs. the ball" (defensive movement). Maybe it's also a lack of trust on Klopp's part. I think he should develop him into a full on striker tbh.
Leitner seems like he's far from being ready to play CM, he's been a huge disappointment this season, imho. He's just not made for CM/DM. Klopp should think about putting him into OM, but we're stacked there as is...so maybe a further loan? Dunno.
Boateng would sure as fuck be a better CM/DM than Leitner so Klopp could plan to put him there too not in a Gündogan partnership (at least not for important games), but mostly instead of him. So basically:
Götze(GK) - Boateng(Reus) - Kuba(Reus) + Leitner/Bittencourt.
Behind that:
Gündogan(Boateng)/Bender(XYZ) + Kehl (if he's still healthy) & Kirch.

Well you do know that i actually like Gomez as our striker? I'm not elsk.

Normally, yeah Dortmund wouldnt sell to Bayern, but what if Lewa only wants to go to Bayern and Bayern offers more than the other clubs? I know, getting him would be batshit insane, but think about it: the rumour has been going on a long time (just like Neuer, Gomez). Furthermore i'm not saying it makes sense, but it would be a classic Hoeneß 'prestige transfer' (even the not making any sense factor!):
Show the world, that Bayern is still the biggest club in Germany (especially if Dortmund takes the title). Bayern is already starting a media war against Dortmund this season and buying one of Dortmund's top players would be the logical next step. Dortmund might even be clever enough to take on one of the Bayern talents / players in return... Long story short, i fear that Bayern will move for Lewandowski and that Dortmund will be the clear winner, should such a transfer ever happen.

Also, striker and a #10 would be the only area Bayern could logically 'improve' next season, every other position is literally set in stone already.
Why would Lewa strictly want to go to Bayern? He already won the national titles & is he more likely to win the CL with Bayern than say Barca or Chelsea? (I'm just throwing darts at the wall here)
Believe me, Watzke would maybe even take a 10m hit in terms of transfer fee and not send him to Bayern (Hoeneß)
We're really in control here (when it comes to Lewa), not Bayern - I really really don't see that happening + he would never want to be second choice next to Gomez and share a bench spot next to Pizza & Wario (I don't think you can offload them that easily).

Well, yeah. I think the problem with Subotic's new contract will be the length. He knows what he's got here and Klopp is incredibly important to him, too. Also wasn't there an interview with him in which he said something like "The PL was my dream but dreams don't always have to became reality"? But I'd imagine we'd want him to sign a new contract until 2016 or 2017. And that might be the problem, I think that's a long time for a guy like him.

I'd rather see Santana on our bench than play for fucking Wolfsburg, though. Hope he plays tomorrow!
Yeah, tomorrow I hope for Langerak, Santana and maybe Bittencourt at some point.

I'm really not sure what to think. Maybe both Subo & Lewa are waiting for the CL outcome to determine if they can push through similar wages to Götze/Reus/Hummels and see if they can achieve similar international results with Dortmund as say at Utd.
We'll see.

/typos, everywhere..

Feorax

VI-tv discussed Huntelaar maybe to Liverpool in summer, he'll be free & both parties supposedly have concrete interest.

COCKS OUT!!!!

Awesome. Possibly 7 months too late, but awesome nontheless.

We need 3 players. A striker, an attacking fullback (either side) and a proper holding midfielder. If I could only have one in Jan though, definitely the striker.

Do Chelsea fancy loaning us Torres until January? We just need someone to sit on the bench and it's not like he's doing much of note there...

Messi

Awesome. Possibly 7 months too late, but awesome nontheless.

We need 3 players. A striker, an attacking fullback (either side) and a proper holding midfielder. If I could only have one in Jan though, definitely the striker.

Do Chelsea fancy loaning us Torres until January? We just need someone to sit on the bench and it's not like he's doing much of note there...

Did Liverpool not want Sturridge and Walcott?

xintin

im sure Roman will be more than willing to send him back in January, but until then we need him to take up space while our midfielders score everything.

Arnie

COCKS OUT!!!!

Assuming VI-tv aren't a wind up then my cock's very much out.

Natural, lethal finisher in and around the box is what we're desperate for.

Clegg

But Carroll's still on loan isn't he? And are you sure you're going to get rid of him in the summer to facilitate a Huntelaar deal (in terms of wages and signing fees)?
I think Huntelaar will want to wait till the end of the season to see if Liverpool can manage to play CL or EL even because Schalkeh playing in CL in 13/14 looks like a sure bet atm. (painnn)
He's old too :/

/Holtby sucks.

spidye

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool better hope they're getting Germany's Huntelaar and not Milan's.

Holtby was a half season wonder.
If that's the one from last night then I'm about to watch it. My internet's so bad though.
No last night was episode 5! Both are brilliant. ;)

fuenf

Why would Lewa strictly want to go to Bayern? He already won the national titles & is he more likely to win the CL with Bayern than say Barca or Chelsea? (I'm just throwing darts at the wall here)
Believe me, Watzke would maybe even take a 10m hit in terms of transfer fee and not send him to Bayern (Hoeneß)
We're really in control here (when it comes to Lewa), not Bayern - I really really don't see that happening + he would never want to be second choice next to Gomez and share a bench spot next to Pizza & Wario (I don't think you can offload them that easily).

I honestly hope you are right, but i cant imagine Barca, Manu or Chelsea going for him. Btw. Pizza is on a 1 year contract.

Arnie

But Carroll's still on loan isn't he? And are you sure you're going to get rid of him in the summer to facilitate a Huntelaar deal (in terms of wages and signing fees)?
I think Huntelaar will want to wait till the end of the season to see if Liverpool can manage to play CL or EL even because Schalkeh playing in CL in 13/14 looks like a sure bet atm. (painnn)
He's old too :/

/Holtby sucks.

Firstly, Carroll looks to be on his way out. Our loan to West Ham includes a clause that indicates they must pay £17 million for him if they avoid relegation, which early indications suggest they will. At least that was what was reported as the initial offer, but I don't see why Liverpool would accept anything less than that.

Secondly, people said RVP was old this summer, yet here he is as top scorer in the league and absolutely vital to United. If we got two really good seasons out of Huntelaar then I'd be happy, and he wouldn't command an astronomical fee like RVP did.

Carbonox

Liverpool better hope they're getting Germany's Huntelaar and not Milan's.

Holtby was a half season wonder.

No last night was episode 5! Both are brilliant. ;)

In the UK last night's was episode 4. We're a week behind the Americans.

Edit: Unless of course y'all are referring to the E5 and I'm just being dumb and watching it a week late. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom