• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was just smart positioning. He knew the ball would be going to his left so he made his way there and made a comfortable save.

Amazing how so many keepers are oblivious to that.

They are oblivious to that cause once they have taken a step into that direction and the free kick taker ends up shooting in the other corner that the wall isn't covering, he is doomed and looks really fucking dumb.

De Gea makes some fantastic saves at times, but he still got areas he can clearly improve a lot. Doesn't seem like a liability anymore though as he did when he first came to premier league and there was a cross or corner to a big target man/defender. At the moment he's no doubt one of the best keeper in the league.

Secret shame time!

I play video games on easy. Anyone else like me?

Often do that yeah, nothing worse than having to go through the same sections again and again. A game like Dishonored was so easy though that I played on hard with all HUD off. Love having games with more difficult options like Silent Hill where I can put puzzles on hard and combat on easy/medium.

Hindle

Banned
Is thre a reason why English players don't go abroad? They won't get played in the PL eventually, the more big stars come etc. it would improve them greatly playing in Spain, Germany, Portugal, it's why we're so shit because they don't learn new disciplines and styles.

Often do that yeah, nothing worse than having to go through the same sections again and again. A game like Dishonored was so easy though that I played on hard with all HUD off. Love having games with more difficult options like Silent Hill where I can put puzzles on hard and combat on easy/medium.

I still haven't finished Dishonoured. It got a bit boring to be honest. I think I need to start killing people. If you just go around choking/sleep darting everyone then it gets old fast. You're right about the difficulty. 'Very hard' is piss easy.

Bumhead

Banned
Is thre a reason why English players don't go abroad? They won't get played in the PL eventually, the more big stars come etc. it would improve them greatly playing in Spain, Germany, Portugal, it's why we're so shit because they don't learn new disciplines and styles.

I suspect grossly inflated transfer fee's has something to do with it.

I still haven't finished Dishonoured. It got a bit boring to be honest. I think I need to start killing people. If you just go around choking/sleep darting everyone then it gets old fast. You're right about the difficulty. 'Very hard' is piss easy.

I've just started Dishonored. Can't decide if I like it or not.

Kyoufu

2 reasons IMO:

1. Best league in the world. Why leave?

2. If your name isn't McManaman, Beckham or Owen then you're not good enough to play for a club like Real Madrid.

edit: oh and transfer fees.

TeegsD

Just realized Sporting - Academica is on. Apparently the game has been so weak so far that a lot of places arent even reporting on it live.

Hindle

Banned

You can play the game how you want, and approach assassination as you like. I've no idea how people find these type of games boring.

Messi

2 reasons IMO:

2. If your name isn't McManaman, Beckham or Owen then you're not good enough to play for a club like Real Madrid.

You don't think Rooney could fit in with Italian teams or Joe hart at Barca?

Edit: I am really disliking dishonoured

Hindle

Banned
2 reasons IMO:

Hmm transfer fees makes sense. Ive been thinking all these broke foreign teams could train young English lads, then sell them for 30m (what with English being overpriced) if they turn out brilliant.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2 reasons IMO:

1-You rarely see Spanish, Italian or German players leave their own *major* league.

2-English players are overrated and overpriced.

Hindle

Banned
Dishonoured is brilliant at creativity, posess a guy, put him in front of a ledge, unposess, windblast him to his death.

lol River Plate fans having a Boca Juniors pig to the match yesterday

AWFRm.jpg

SrDJW.jpg

Hindle

Banned
1-You rarely see Spanish, Italian or German players leave their own *major* league.

2-English players are overrated and overpriced.

The current Spanish team have nearly all played in the Pl at some point. Fair point for the Itallins though.

Now that's a first,, i agree with almost everything you said, except the Bayern bashing of course. I mean maybe they could make more of their resources, but they are a Top 3 club in Europe anyway. I mean they do a good job on the business side of things, they just cant find a competent coach and /or give him time to really changes things. I mean say what you want about Klinsmann, but he at least lit a fire under their asses and catapulted the club into the 21st century. Yeah he was a bad coach, but i figure he'd be a better sporting director than Nerlinger / Sammer.

(sorry for the late answer, had a busy afternoon)

Damn, why are you sorry? Lets not make this community into facebook (of sorts), lol
You can't really keep track of the thread anymore unless you're on gaf 24/7 especially on match days.

< Phantast don't care >

So, who's going to pick up next year's hot properties?
Name (year of contract expiry)

- KP Boateng (2014): unsettled at Milan + Milan imploding. I'm thinking either some sheikh club (if he's still out for money) or a German club since he's got a past here and apparently Schalkeh & Wolfsburg are looking at him (= Italian press) - I could imagine Dortmund being interested too (he played for us for like half a season, then we had to sell him because of financial woes back then), possibly even Bayern.

- Christian Eriksen (2014): feels connected to the club, so I could imagine him staying some more in Ajax. He's just 20 after all.

- Neymar (2014): clearly either Barca or Real..

- Isco (2016): supposedly with a 20m release clause & Malaga apparently still struggles financially. I'd say Spanish clubs will be the first in line here, maybe Portuguese too? AS is reporting about Dortmund interest - dunno, too expensive for us.

- Belhanda (2014): feels like some Italian club will pick him up, or maybe Marseilles/Lyon

- Lewandowski (2014): is out for money (his agent prolly more then himself) so I could very well see him go, probably even to the highest bidder. I can imagine a lot of clubs being interested in him. He'll probably go for around 20m.

- Subotic (2014): lived a while in US, has a preference for EPL (supposedly) - appears to be attached to the club, but I'm not too keen on him signing a new contract.

- Llorente (2013): no idea, really no idea...

Who am I missing?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lttp: If it's an action game or a shooter, I start on hard. Never ever on easy on any game, what's the point?

I'm in the camp that liked Deus Ex more.

fuenf

Damn, why are you sorry? Lets not make this community into facebook (of sorts), lol
You can't really keep track of the thread anymore unless you're on gaf 24/7 especially on match days.

< Phantast don't care >

great. just being polite ;)

- KP Boateng (2014): unsettled at Milan + Milan imploding. I'm thinking either some sheikh club (if he's still out for money) or a German club since he's got a past here and apparently Schalkeh & Wolfsburg are looking at him (= Italian press) - I could imagine Dortmund being interested too (he played for us for like half a season, then we had to sell him because of financial woes back then), possibly even Bayern.

- Christian Eriksen (2014): feels connected to the club, so I could imagine him staying some more in Ajax. He's just 20 after all.

- Isco (2016): supposedly with a 20m release clause & Malaga apparently still struggles financially. I'd say Spanish clubs will be the first in line here, maybe Portuguese too? AS is reporting about Dortmund interest - dunno, too expensive for us.

- Belhanda (2014): feels like some Italian club will pick him up, or maybe Marseilles/Lyon

- Lewandowski (2014): is out for money (his agent prolly more then himself) so I could very well see him go, probably even to the highest bidder. I can imagine a lot of clubs being interested in him. He'll probably go for around 20m.

- Subotic (2014): lived a while in US, has a preference for EPL (supposedly) - appears to be attached to the club, but I'm not too keen on him signing a new contract.

Who am I missing?

I think KP would do well at Dortmund, but given his history i doubt they would sign him. Bayern could be an option, arent they looking for bad guys now? Also the Jerome factor... mh.

I fear that Lewandowski will move to Bayern for 25m+. Another classic prestige transfer, he wont be any better than Gomez or Mandzukic (as long as Heynckes is the coach) and Dortmund will buy another 2 or 3 world class talents with the money.

Messi

< Phantast don't care >

Who am I missing?

Is Nani a hot property?

Belhanda, lol if only it was an e instead of an a.

Hmm, I don't get it :|

great. just being polite ;)

I think KP would do well at Dortmund, but given his history i doubt they would sign him. Bayern could be an option, arent they looking for bad guys now? Also the Jerome factor... mh.

I fear that Lewandowski will move to Bayern for 25m+. Another classic prestige transfer, he wont be any better than Gomez or Mandzukic (as long as Heynckes is the coach) and Dortmund will buy another 2 or 3 world class talents with the money.

Yeah, squad harmony could be an issue, but I assume Klopp thinks he'll straighten him out and I think he could. Some coaches are capable of that (like Bremen's Schaaf).
I think Bayern is still looking for a 10er, since Kroos is meant to succeed Schweine in the long run and his half-bro could be an incentive to come to Munich.

Whaa, you cray. Bayern would be nuts with a striker who can actively participate in creating chances, you'd also be more dangerous when it comes to counterattacks since Lewa can hold up the ball while everyone else is moving catching up.
Of course Dortmund would never EVER sell him to Bayern (Vidal situation redux).
I think you're stuck with the Marios for a while (unless a new, high profile coach will come shake things up).

Is Nani a hot property?
Nope, I really don't think he is.

Attacked by fans or crushed by some fat dude pushing the people in front of him? Better quality where it you can actually see something and isn't recorded of a tv screen making it look like he was punched down. I have no doubt that in your imagination the whole stand has already taken turns at stabbing him at this point though and the police simply couldn't be bothered doing anything.

iNuQYDfGCIupK.gif

TeegsD

So I've finally got it. Ashton Kutcher is using the latest Sporting season to re-launch Punk'd. Though it stopped being funny so long ago. And look, a defensive error that was only stopped from being an Academica goal due to St. Patricio. Can someone please pay lots of money for him so that this team can no longer be bailed out of its shitty performances?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
So I've finally got it. Ashton Kutcher is using the latest Sporting season to re-launch Punk'd. Though it stopped being funny so long ago. And look, a defensive error that was only stopped from being an Academica goal due to St. Patricio. Can someone please pay lots of money for him so that this team can no longer be bailed out of its shitty performances?

Barcelona

Believe

That hurricane thread is gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom