• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT7| Wilde things happen afer dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

Lets continue with the crappy stadium photos.

From the Real - City CL game a month ago. What a great match that was, right dc?

AVr6l.jpg

Clegg

I've heard that United want Hummels.

Probably just someone making an educated guess and spreading the rumour as fact. United have a poor defence and Hummels is the best young defender around etc etc.

PJX

Did Liverpool not want Sturridge and Walcott?

Overrated English players that comes with that premium British tax. One is a selfish, arrogant player with an attitude who has a problem with passing and thinks he should be number 1 when clearly he isn't, another who hasn't really progressed much since his international hat trick. No thanks.

Scum

I watched a bit of Sheff Utd v Portsmouth during my dinner break, and that young Scott Allan looks a bit tidy with the ball. Needs to sort his tackling though.

Leitner seems like he's far from being ready to play CM, he's been a huge disappointment this season, imho. He's just not made for CM/DM. Klopp should think about putting him into OM, but we're stacked there as is...so maybe a further loan? Dunno.+

I'm really not sure what to think. Maybe both Subo & Lewa are waiting for the CL outcome to determine if they can push through similar wages to Götze/Reus/Hummels and see if they can achieve similar international results with Dortmund as say at Utd.
We'll see.

Don't agree there. Sure, Leitner has been rather bad so far but he's still only 19. Reminds me a bit of Gündogan in his first months, he's got it all but a bit too sloppy/unreliable and not yet able to control the game. CM/DM is very hard, I'm sure he can grow into it but it needs some time. Not everyone can boss CM at 22 like Gündogan does. And as long as we get along with Bender/Kehl(Rode?)/Gündogan playing most matches until he's ready, I'm okay with it.

Subotic, I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to decide yet. Lewandowski, yeah, that player's agent wants him at United or some other big name... The only thing I have a small bit of hope for is that Lewandowski tells him to shut up and decides to stay.

For Großkreutz, it all depends on the rest of the season. There was no need for either side to sign a new contract before it. BVB wants to see his progress and Großkreutz wants to see which role he plays. I'm rather sure he'll stay, though. Where would he go? I'd be surprised if he rather wanted to play for a midtable PL club than for us to be honest.

Perisic, well, I don't want to write players off after Kuba's return last season. But we really should replace him if things don't change. I feel like he lacks a bit of playing intelligence to play in Klopp's system, at least it seems like it at times. Maybe it's the language? At this point, let's just fuck Gladbach over and get Herrmann :p

Mastadon

Banned
Overrated English players that comes with that premium British tax. One is a selfish, arrogant player with an attitude who has a problem with passing and thinks he should be number 1 when clearly he isn't, another who hasn't really progressed much since his international hat trick. No thanks.

Pretty much. I really hope we have the sense to steer clear of both.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Klose is (approximately) 50 and he's scoring for fun in Italy. It's pretty fucking hard to score here. :/

207356hp2.jpg

The only one who could make a Lazio shirt look cool.

Pretty much. I really hope we have the sense to steer clear of both.

We don't. I see us taking Walcott because it's a 'bargain'.

TeegsD

So it sounds like Sporting fans and police are clashing around the stadium. Our president is taking refuge in the stadium. They should just let the fans have him

jtb

Banned
Everyone was saying that exact thing about RVP in the summer. Look how that went.

It's been two months. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...
RVP to score a hat-trick this weekend :'(

Anyways, seeing as how Walcott is either leaving for free or on a significantly reduced fee with only six months left on his contract, I see him moving to Chelsea or Liverpool. Shame it didn't work out, but good riddance. Have no idea why it didn't happen over the summer, tbh.

I honestly hope you are right, but i cant imagine Barca, Manu or Chelsea going for him. Btw. Pizza is on a 1 year contract.
If he keeps impressing/scoring in the CL, sure.
Villa is getting old and Barca need someone who's able to pass around, but at the same time can score "striker goals"
RVP is old and fragile so SAF with all his striker fetish will want to have some serious alternatives and Chicharito.......FUCK, I always think of churros when I write his name :|
It seems like SAF doesn't rate him too highly after all, dunno.
Chelsea doesn't want him? Because they're so happy with Torres? :O
Of course, one of the 3 will prolly get Llorente..

Firstly, Carroll looks to be on his way out. Our loan to West Ham includes a clause that indicates they must pay £17 million for him if they avoid relegation, which early indications suggest they will. At least that was what was reported as the initial offer, but I don't see why Liverpool would accept anything less than that.

Secondly, people said RVP was old this summer, yet here he is as top scorer in the league and absolutely vital to United. If we got two really good seasons out of Huntelaar then I'd be happy, and he wouldn't command an astronomical fee like RVP did.

1) Ok, I see. Honestly though, I think you're better off with keeping/developing him (if he lowered his wages demands) - Hunter is not that much different. Carroll can still get to where Hunter is.

2) RVP can lift a team even if he doesn't score. Hunter cannot do that. Most of his assist are super simple passes or header assists. But yeah, since he's off contract I can see where you're coming from.

I've heard that United want Hummels.

Probably just someone making an educated guess and spreading the rumour as fact. United have a poor defence and Hummels is the best young defender around.

He just recently signed a contract till 2017 and while there are rumors of Götze/Reus having release clauses after 2014, those same rumors suggest that Hummels has no such clause and that he's really committed to Dortmund (will probably be our next captain too).

Don't agree there. Sure, Leitner has been rather bad so far but he's still only 19. Reminds me a bit of Gündogan in his first months, he's got it all but a bit too sloppy/unreliable and not yet able to control the game. CM/DM is very hard, I'm sure he can grow into it but it needs some time. Not everyone can boss CM at 22 like Gündogan does. And as long as we get along with Bender/Kehl(Rode?)/Gündogan playing most matches until he's ready, I'm okay with it.

Subotic, I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to decide yet. Lewandowski, yeah, that player's agent wants him at United or some other big name... The only thing I have a small bit of hope for is that Lewandowski tells him to shut up and decides to stay.

For Großkreutz, it all depends on the rest of the season. There was no need for either side to sign a new contract before it. BVB wants to see his progress and Großkreutz wants to see which role he plays. I'm rather sure he'll stay, though. Where would he go? I'd be surprised if he rather wanted to play for a midtable PL club than for us to be honest.

Perisic, well, I don't want to write players off after Kuba's return last season. But we really should replace him if things don't change. I feel like he lacks a bit of playing intelligence to play in Klopp's system, at least it seems like it at times. Maybe it's the language? At this point, let's just fuck Gladbach over and get Herrmann :p

Leitner: no, he's a liability in CM/DM. Not because he suffers from the same symptoms Gündogan did in 2011, but because he probably weights some 10kilos less, doesn't win any duels is basically a pushover for the most part.
I too have hopes for him and don't see him as failed, but he does not belong in CM/DM at this stage of his career. Schweine also played in OM before he dropped down to CM/DM. Klopp needs to finally realize that.

GK: I'm sure he'd happily play for mid-table EPL teams (Sunderland or Fulham or such) and they'd probably buy him at some 4-5m since he's a down to earth guy. But yeah, I also think Klopp wants to keep him as sort of an extended LB on LOM and who knows, maybe he'll stabilize? He's a great asset when in form.

Perisic can communicate through Subo though (Serbo-Croatian language), that's not the problem. He's just too spirited...and maybe dumb too, lol - but hey that's why he's so ice cold in front of the goal. I wish Klopp would use him as striker..

Clegg

Tbh I'd have half a mind not to play RVP against Arsenal if we were playing at the Emirates. The fans would be calling for his head and that might force an Arsenal player into making a rash challenge.

But the games is at OT so we should be ok. Besides, we can't afford to drop him as he's become so integral to our side.

Just seen Homeland S02E05.

It was good and I like the bits I thought I wouldn't like. Good stuff.

Had my first day at work today. Was good fun. 11 - 7 isn't the worst shift in the world.

Tbh I'd have half a mind not to play RVP against Arsenal if we were playing at the Emirates. The fans would be calling for his head and that might force an Arsenal player into making a rash challenge.

But the games is at OT so we should be ok. Besides, we can't afford to drop him as he's become so integral to our side.
I don't think RVP will be affected by any of it.

If he scores I'll go crazy. I love him so much already. It's crazy really, how it got to this I'll never know.

fuenf

If he keeps impressing/scoring in the CL, sure.
Villa is getting old and Barca need someone who's able to pass around, but at the same time can score "striker goals"
RVP is old and fragile so SAF with all his striker fetish will want to have some serious alternatives and Chicharito.......FUCK, I always think of churros when I write his name :|
It seems like SAF doesn't rate him too highly after all, dunno.
Chelsea doesn't want him? Because they're so happy with Torres? :O
Of course, one of the 3 will prolly get Llorente..

Isnt Chelsea going for Falcao?

Clegg

He just recently signed a contract till 2017 and while there are rumors of Götze/Reus having release clauses after 2014, those same rumors suggest that Hummels has no such clause and that he's really committed to Dortmund (will probably be our next captain too
All I've heard that is that if United had a wishlist of players, Hummels would be near the very top.

I know he's going to stay at Dortmund but that won't stop teams from being interested in him.

Arnie

It's been two months. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...
RVP to score a hat-trick this weekend :'(
Come on, man, Van Persie's a fucking priceless signing, we all know it.

He'll guarantee a goal a game, at least. To be fair, I'm hugely impressed that Suarez has kept up with him so far, he would be level had his winner yesterday not been disallowed.
1) Ok, I see. Honestly though, I think you're better off with keeping/developing him (if he lowered his wages demands) - Hunter is not that much different. Carroll can still get to where Hunter is.

After witnessing Carroll week in, week out for a season and a half, I really don't see this.

Carroll isn't a good finisher, and his movement in and around the box is poor. There's nothing to suggest that he'll ever reach the standards of Huntelaar in that regard. Carroll is wasteful, lacking finesse, lumbering, and reliant on the ball leaving the ground. The argument for keeping him at the club now is almost non-existent.

Clegg

If he scores I'll go crazy. I love him so much already. It's crazy really, how it got to this I'll never know.
RVP won't be affected by the atmosphere.

But all it would only take is for one Arsenal player to get a rush of blood to the head and then RVP is out for three months.

rodvik

Everyone was saying that exact thing about RVP in the summer. Look how that went.

I think half of us are still expecting the "RVP injury crisis" headline to pop up at some point this season.

Hopefully not though, he is a joy to watch there is no doubt.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just seen Homeland S02E05.

It was good and I like the bits I thought I wouldn't like. Good stuff.

Had my first day at work today. Was good fun. 11 - 7 isn't the worst shift in the world.

Is that why you were talking about candy a few minutes ago? You can't steal on your first day dude!

Homeland EP5:
A full episode of Claire Danes and Broody, now we're talking! I'm not sure I like where the story is going though

Bendtner is just biding his time.
To be fair, he looked really eager against Catania and was 'less' frustrating to watch than Matri. We're all okay with that.

Llorente will be there before you know it.
It almost makes too much sense. And, as usual with Marotta, a whiff of competition over a player and it's all over.

Clegg

Which one? We don't really have any players that would make terrible tackles.
Koscielny.

I was actually thinking that someone like Wilshere might do it.

He's an Arsenal lad through and through and has just seen his teams captain and best player move to one of their bitterest rivals.

jtb

Banned
Liverpool will try to buy Ba in January probably.

Is his release clause still 7m? Goddamn, Arsenal should buy him ASAP. Can never have enough injury-prone players in one squad!

edit: and I really don't think any Arsenal player would injure RVP out of malice/spite... I mean, the Arsenal support probably despises Nasri and Adebayor far more than RVP (granted, he hasn't played at the Emirates yet, so it's hard to gauge that yet) and even idiots like Frimpong haven't broken any legs yet. Wilshere got along great with a cunt like Nasri, really can't see him holding a grudge against RVP.

Salvadora

I was actually thinking that someone like Wilshere might do it.

He's an Arsenal lad through and through and has just seen his teams captain and best player move to one of their bitterest rivals.

You're right in saying that Wilshere has the odd bad tackle in him but I just can't see it happening. RVP is not the first player to leave Arsenal for a rival, nor will he be the last. You needn't worry, it's more likely Scholes will kill someone.

All I've heard that is that if United had a wishlist of players, Hummels would be near the very top.

I know he's going to stay at Dortmund but that won't stop teams from being interested in him.

How about a punch in the throat then? Eh, boyo?! :|

After witnessing Carroll week in, week out for a season and a half, I really don't see this.

Carroll isn't a good finisher, and his movement in and around the box is poor. There's nothing to suggest that he'll ever reach the standards of Huntelaar in that regard. Carroll is wasteful, lacking finesse, lumbering, and reliant on the ball leaving the ground. The argument for keeping him at the club now is almost non-existent.

Ok ok, you convinced me. He's a bigger turd than Gomez :O

You're right in saying that Wilshere has the odd bad tackle in him but I just can't see it happening. RVP is not the first player to leave Arsenal for a rival, nor will he be the last. You needn't worry, it's more likely Scholes will kill someone.

When is Frimpong ready again? We all know how he feels about Arsenal traitors.

Arnie

Why not? 7.5 million for a proven PL goal scorer. It's a bargain if you ask me.

Yep release clause comes back in January.
Ba's a class striker, been a fan since he signed for West Ham, however I've heard too much about his explosive knee, plus my anxious demeanour, for me to actively want us to sign him.

Huntelaar please.

Ok ok, you convinced me. He's a bigger turd than Gomez :O

Honestly, he really is, and I don't enjoy saying that in the slightest.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Oh yes, because he wants to warm your bench while writing a book called I Am Llorente.

Look how happy he looks in the top pic. He justs likes trophies and being a pretty cheerleader. He can play in copa del rey and against the small clubs since Villa is getting OLD.

What's the problem? You got this guy:

image.php

rodvik

Sadly I have come to this conclusion as well. When I was watching the West Ham game all I could think was "oh right, thats why we used to make fun of Carroll."

Kyoufu

Ba's a class striker, been a fan since he signed for West Ham, however I've heard too much about his explosive knee, plus my anxious demeanour, for me to actively want us to sign him.

Huntelaar please.

I'll believe the explosive knee when I see it explode. I haven't seen Huntelaar play. Is he awesomesauce? Will he be the best Spanish player in the Premier League after 8 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom