• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzler

As a Liverpool fan I've resigned myself to his leaving. There's no sadness on my part or even hope he'll change his mind. I just hope he goes quickly and that we get a lot of money for him.

His antics over the last few years bring a bad taste to the mouth and bring shame on the club. No matter what level of performance you get from a player, I don't think they should be allowed cart blanche to act like a scumbag, which he has repeatedly done.

The final straw for me being his agitating for a move this summer despite the loyalty Liverpool have shown him through all his troubles.

If he goes, I fully expect Brenty to smartly invest the cash and hopefully not having him around sulking and pining for a move is good for squad morale too

Suen

Serie A-gaf, how's Iván Piris? Apparently we're being linked with him but I know nothing of him. Meanwhile I missed news several days ago about Milan being interested in signing Gabriel Paletta. Supposedly Leonardi told them he'll cost €35m :lol.

Arnie

He's going to Arsenal mate, you should be mad.
Some SA journalist claims the deal with arse is imminent. He knew about Coates before it broke
If he goes to Arsenal I honestly wouldn't even be that mad.

If he does we'll get a fucking packet in return, and honestly he's not really doing his career much good. Arsenal will continue to bubble at the surface of Champions League qualification, which is obviously a step up for Luis, but a world away from a club like Real Madrid, who he could've moved to if he'd waited.
The only players I'm attached are: Gerrard, Henderson, Jose Enrique, Suso and Coutinho.
Attached to quite a bit of the squad, Lucas, Kelly, even Downing a bit.

I feel like Suarez is an abusive relationship, though, and ultimately part of me fancies a release from that. Obviously that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather keep him, before some ingrate perceives it that way, just that I'm not totally shitridden if he skips to North London. I'll be able to clock him in Tesco after work and shake my head in dismay.

Suen

They might as well, they just missed out on Higuain. Suarez is worth only 25 million euroes to Real Madrid and Higuain's sale will help fund signing Gareth Bale. Though I would prefer De Rossi.

on the subject of bale, its seem the operation is under wayhttp://www.elconfidencial.com/depor...ntre-bale-y-el-real-madrid-125390/indice.html.
Please let this be true, I wouldn't give a shit anymore about a top striker.

If in the event bale is signed (once higuain leaves), Benz might as well leave too.
With Both CR7 and Bale, the CF spot will no longer be required. all the chances will goto CR7 and Bale. Try to play CF with CR7 and Bale on the same pitch, not a chance in hell lol.
Pretty much this but I still want to keep Benz :(

Turok_TTZ

If in the event bale is signed (once higuain leaves), Benz might as well leave too.
With Both CR7 and Bale, the CF spot will no longer be required. all the chances will goto CR7 and Bale. Try to play CF with CR7 and Bale on the same pitch, not a chance in hell lol.

Arnie

Bale isn't signing for Real Madrid in this window.

1,000,000%

You're not signing Bale this summer. Get over it.

Franco Baldini in Valencia:

externas2013072220175q6ug0.jpg

Turok_TTZ

Bale isn't signing for Real Madrid in this window.

1,000,000%

You underestimate the desire of Florentino Perez. He is in fact, stupid enough to pay 100m pounds for an overrated welsh CR7 wannabe. in any case from what I am told, most likely not this summer. but surely before the end of the upcoming season.

Would Liverpool sell Suarez to Arsenal for £40m?

I seriously don't think they would, or should.

Unless he has that release clause, but it seems like he doesn't.

GQman2121

Banned
What browser is everyone using on their phone? This no flash shit with Chrome feels like a down-grade from the stock browser on my previous phone. I know the options are limited but I'd like to have an idea on preferences.

Meier

Bale is not good enough to play for Madrid imo. I really don't want him to come. Not now or ever. Saddens me that flo likes him.

There aren't enough lols in the world.

Edit: Testing.. I think GAF now automatically adds an "edited" message to posts. Gonna see if it does or not or if that was a fluke.

Edit 2: Indeed it does. I wonder what the time limit is for "message free" editing. I dislike my posts getting dirtied up with it..

Serie A-gaf, how's Iván Piris? Apparently we're being linked with him but I know nothing of him. Meanwhile I missed news several days ago about Milan being interested in signing Gabriel Paletta. Supposedly Leonardi told them he'll cost €35m :lol.
We even offered Zaccardo to Leonardi but he refused :(

I've just looked at Tampa Bay Buccaneer's honours and achievements since Glazer took over. It's harrowing stuff and matches the prediction I made in my first post in this thread about how they'll continue with their stringent spending since it makes more financial sense to build a 'top four' (see: Arsenal) quality squad than a squad capable of winning the league and competing in Europe every season.

I've known for quite some time that the Glazers are hated almost as much by the Tampa Bay faithful as they are by United supporters, due to the lack of money they put into the team.

Malcom Glazer, 85, took over Tampa in 1995. The arrival of the Glazer family signalled instant success as the Florida-based side reached their first play-offs in fifteen years in the 1997 NFL season. They also got to the play-offs in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, and 2007, reaching their zenith in 2002 as they capped off a truly memorable season by beating Oakland Raiders in the final, a match I stayed up to watch.

They haven't reached the play-offs since.

The Bucs enjoyed success with the Glazers in the early days, just like United have. It didn't last. They stopped investing in the Bucs and were just happy to be on the NFL gravy train. The NFL has a profit sharing system, meaning that the teams share the proceeds of the TV deals, NFL merchandise, etc. equally. Of course the fans aren't happy with the results on the pitch and they regularly boycott matches, resulting in blackouts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(broadcasting)#NFL_blackout_policy) and their future under the Glazer family looks bleak.

I believe the same thing is going to happen to us.

We're fucking loaded. We could spend 80m on anyone. Ed Woodward was right. We could do it, yes, absolutely. The debt is manageable as fuck. There's nothing wrong with a bit of manageable debt in business. Sony being in debt didn't stop them from buying EMI for $2.2bn, Sony Ericsson for $1.5bn or Gaikai for $380m.

I'm going to support FC United and Charlton if we don't sign a top class player this summer. The forthrightness about the Fabregas bid leads me to believe they're

1. absolutely certain of securing the transfer of the Spanish international, 26,

or

2. It's PR.

We're not signing Fabregas.

tl;dr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdTBIQDPZt4

Glazers = trolls
Tampa = girl
Nerd = ManYoo

Arnie

You underestimate the desire of Florentino Perez. He is in fact, stupid enough to pay 100m pounds for an overrated welsh CR7 wannabe. in any case from what I am told, most likely not this summer. but surely before the end of the upcoming season.
You underestimate the resolve of Tottenham Hotspur, who're under no obligation to lick Florentino's gooch.

How about an avatar bet to prove how much I think your source is talking out of his rectum?

If Real Madrid sign Bale in this window I'll adopt a Januzaj avatar until November 1st. If Real don't sign him then you must use a Suso avatar of my choosing until November 1st? Put your avatar where your mouth is.
Would Liverpool sell Suarez to Arsenal for £40m?

I seriously don't think they would, or should.

Unless he has that release clause, but it seems like he doesn't.
No.

Clause doesn't exist. Club will demand Torres valuation as a baseline.

what a big fucking joke, Zaccardo + money for Paletta? :looooooool. Looking forward to see how good Paletta will do this coming season, guy was really good in the previous one.

Zaccardo + €10m.

That's being generous
according to Galliani.

I agree, he had a really good season, especially when he scored that own goal during Milan-Parma :p Seriously though, he's good.

Meier

<--Long-time Bucs fan. The Glazers absolutely TANKED us for many, many years in the late 2000s.. we were like $30m a year in salary under the "minimum" salary cap. They've started spending a little bit again recently but it's been a pretty ugly decade as a Bucs fan. This is why I kinda laugh at the high expectations of trophies and championships from soccer fans. Once in a lifetime is about what you can expect for your team unless you were born in LA, New York or Boston...

With that being said, I'm also an LA Dodgers fan and they've only won 1 championship in my life (1988). But if you like their (LA's) basketball team then you're set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom