• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

lol never gonna happen for anything less that 50-55m's

I think those are minutes
iwubmWaJBMWgu.gif

Timurid

<--Long-time Bucs fan. The Glazers absolutely TANKED us for many, many years in the late 2000s.. we were like $30m a year in salary under the "minimum" salary cap. They've started spending a little bit again recently but it's been a pretty ugly decade as a Bucs fan. This is why I kinda laugh at the high expectations of trophies and championships from soccer fans. Once in a lifetime is about what you can expect for your team unless you were born in LA, New York or Boston...

With that being said, I'm also an LA Dodgers fan and they've only won 1 championship in my life (1988). But if you like their (LA's) basketball team then you're set.

Lakers are done for now. It's all about Clippers.

Chicago is a good sport city too just fuck the bears.

I look forward to seeing this not happen. And if it does, you aren't even a proper fan :p

I'm not going to support a regime that isn't willing to invest our (ManYoo's) money into the team. I would have begrudgingly accepted signing no one this summer pre-Fabregas nonsense, but after this it looks like they're just taking us for a ride. I think I'll jump off before that ride even gets started. Please enjoy it though. Enjoy the bullshit that comes out of the club.

Puppet monarchy at its finest.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They might as well, they just missed out on Higuain. Suarez is worth only 25 million euroes to Real Madrid and Higuain's sale will help fund signing Gareth Bale. Though I would prefer De Rossi.

on the subject of bale, its seem the operation is under way.

'La operación de los 100 millones de euros ya está en marcha. Daniel Levy ya sabe que tiene que escuchar la propuesta del Real Madrid'

bwhahaha

He doesn't have to listen to shit. He won't even open the e-mail.

Franco Baldini in Valencia:

externas2013072220175q6ug0.jpg

excellent

Meier

Lakers are done for now. It's all about Clippers.

Chicago is a good sport city too just fuck the bears.

Yeah, good call on that too. Sox have won a few baseball titles and the Hawks have a few titles and are always competitive lately. Bulls and Cubs haven't won anything in forever but at least Bulls fans had the MJ era during my lifetime.

<--Long-time Bucs fan. The Glazers absolutely TANKED us for many, many years in the late 2000s.. we were like $30m a year in salary under the "minimum" salary cap. They've started spending a little bit again recently but it's been a pretty ugly decade as a Bucs fan. This is why I kinda laugh at the high expectations of trophies and championships from soccer fans. Once in a lifetime is about what you can expect for your team unless you were born in LA, New York or Boston...

With that being said, I'm also an LA Dodgers fan and they've only won 1 championship in my life (1988). But if you like their (LA's) basketball team then you're set.

There's no reason that the likes of Barcelona, Madrid and Manchester shouldn't be the European versions of NY, LA and Boston.

I'm not going to support a regime that isn't willing to invest our (ManYoo's) money into the team. I would have begrudgingly accepted signing no one this summer pre-Fabregas nonsense, but after this it looks like they're just taking us for a ride. I think I'll jump off before that ride even gets started. Please enjoy it though. Enjoy the bullshit that comes out of the club.

Puppet monarchy at its finest.

Considering how much you already knew about the way the club operates under the Glazer's the Fabregas saga shouldn't really have any impact. The ride started a long time ago.

You're free to get off at any time, of course.

Time your jump wisely.

Turok_TTZ

You underestimate the resolve of Tottenham Hotspur, who're under no obligation to lick Florentino's gooch.

How about an avatar bet to prove how much I think your source is talking out of his rectum?

If Real Madrid sign Bale in this window I'll adopt a Januzaj avatar until November 1st. If Real don't sign him then you must use a Suso avatar of my choosing until November 1st? Put your avatar where your mouth is.
Are you reading my post correctly? I stated that its most likely not gonna be this summer from what I am told, it will be done in the spring/next year of this upcoming season.

I do not believe we will sign anyone from this point on this summer except a certain left back in the event Coentrao leaves. Flo has behaved quite well so far this transfer window and I would hope he continues to do so and not go back into bad habits. aka FUCK BALE.

Suen

Zaccardo + €10m.

That's being generous
according to Galliani.

I agree, he had a really good season, especially when he scored that own goal during Milan-Parma :p Seriously though, he's good.
Get bent
<3

:lol Galliani, I don't know who I should like more. Bunga Bunga or Galliani, Galliani has the face of a master troll though.

But yeah I like Paletta, he's come back strong after not doing great at Liverpool. The price Leonardi require is hilarious though lol.

Meier

There's no reason that the likes of Barcelona, Madrid and Manchester shouldn't be the European versions of NY, LA and Boston.

There's some truth to this and with FFP preventing clubs from being able to get significant investment going forward, the best teams will remain "locked in" essentially. However, it doesn't change the fact that the fans are very spoiled.

Get bent
<3

:lol Galliani, I don't know who I should like more. Bunga Bunga or Galliani, Galliani has the face of a master troll though.

But yeah I like Paletta, he's come back strong after not doing great at Liverpool. The price Leonardi require is hilarious though lol.

Leonardi was using Gold Tie language, fighting fire with fire. ;-) His words translated said "give me 5 million more euro and we have a deal."

deGod

I don't get why arsenal would sign Suarez over Higuain.

Yes Suarez is proven in the premier league but his attitude towards others is unacceptable. Plus he is banned for 6 games isn't it?

Higuain is costing 35m and Suarez up to 50m. Plus we all now arsenals fetish for French player been as arsene is French

GQman2121

Banned

The dichotomy between fans of US sports and Euro is interesting.

The Orioles have just now become a competitive team after over a decade of missing the post season. I'm elated by just sniffing the post season at this point.

We've been spoiled with the Ravens all these years. But I think American football more than any other sport rests at the hands of the front office and the quarterback. Granted, each of our teams won our first super bowls with defense and journeymen at QB; even still, successful teams draft well and have superstars throwing the ball.

The England national team is the only thing close to a number of squads in multiple sports cities in the US. And they're still not even close to what Cleveland has dealt with.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Suarez is the least Arsenal signing of all time

I just can't believe it

I think it would be good for them. When Arsenal were winning things the team was full of complete dickheads, real dirty bastards. All the best teams have a twat.

Empty

Yes Suarez is proven in the premier league but his attitude towards others is unacceptable. Plus he is banned for 6 games isn't it?

Higuain is costing 35m and Suarez up to 50m. Plus we all now arsenals fetish for French player been as arsene is French

well suarez offers vastly more to the team than just goals, he's one of the best creators of space in world football. wenger's best strikers have mostly been more suarez types than higuain (henry, bergkamp, rvp).

Suen

Pipita is not worth 35m. He doesn't come with all baggage Suarez has though that's true.

Bernard is only 5'4.

We have a team of midgets. Set piece defending is only going to get worse :lol.
But Barca....

mil6es

All I'm saying is if he goes its gonna be Torres levels of money we will be receiving and this time we wont be spending most of it on Andy Carroll ( never forgive, never forget)

Lightning

Banned

Is this a joke? Suarez is a MUCH better player than Higuain, a lot different than Giroud, links with others, creates chances, scores lots of goals and behind RVP is the best striker in the premier league.

His attitude is a worry, like it would be for Liverpool fans, he can get himself a 10 game ban in any fixture he's that explosive but he fights tooth and nail and given his age unless something drastic happens will be the best striker in the league very soon. RVP is getting on in years. Liverpool have a footballing gem in Suarez.

Higuain is just an improved Giroud. More lethal, clinical, but there are a few notches of class in difference between him and Suarez.

And to top it all off, what have the hardcore fans hated since 1998? Yep, the removal of 'Football Club' from the club badge. What have the Glazers and Woodward suddenly decided they don't like? The removal of 'Football Club' from the badge. Yes, Woodward now has a lot more power but he's a businessman working for a business. He's a hedge fund manager. He's a PR guru. He says all the right words, but there are a few who can see right through it.

How many other clubs advertise that they've bid for a player on their club website? I've done a bit of googling and the only thing that comes back is on the French version of Manutd.com, Fergie confirming that we've bid for RVP but only after Wenger confirmed it. Usually we keep quiet about who we're bidding for, for obvious reasons, i.e. not alerting other clubs and invoking a bidding war. It's PR. How stupid do you have to be to believe it's anything but?

Remember when, in Moyes' first press conference, he said that he's not going to talk about any players from other clubs because he doesn't like doing that? Why has he suddenly started talking about bidding for Fabregas at every opportunity he gets?

We're actually run by the North Korean government. There can be no other explanation. Why is Manutd.com failing to report in their transfer rumour section that Wayne Rooney is being linked with a move?

You couldn't make this up.

This is the transfer rumours page for this week:

This week's rumours

Arriving
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona)

Leaving

I appear to be having problems copying and pasting the 'leaving' part of those transfer rumours, but it just appears that way. There is no one rumoured to be leaving. No one.

Q5zedCZ.png

We were almost certainly in for Thiago (probably laughed at the idea of paying a 21 year old top whack for his age group, like we laughed at the idea of paying Pogba 20k a week) but we didn't say shit about it. I'm guessing we're just going to go around confirming bids for just the top players now. We'll sign Everton and Wigan shitbags on the quiet while confirming £30m bids for Ronaldo and Bale.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
we playing the fifagames now clubmen, iv 1 incoming

jesalr

come on, like that block will stop anyone of you ;) they cant block flickr, tumblr etc.

Yeah, it'll just be a pain when I come back to my parents for the summer. Suppose it'll be about time for me to get a job and move the fuck away though.

Wilbur

Banned
Wouldn't care about the royal baby outside the fact I just lost three quid on a sex, weight and time bet. Fucking royal cunts

Kate's pussy must be in smithereens. Probably looks like someone's beaten a salmon to death

jtb

Banned
Bernard is a winger, right? If Gervinho really is on his way out, then it makes sense we'd be in for a replacement. Or so I hope.

As for Suarez, that's way too good to be true. I don't see it. 40m is a huge purchase by anyone's standards, but especially Wenger's, and I don't even think that'll be enough to get him. I know Rooney's probably set on Chelsea at this point, but I think that's the far safer (and likely cheaper) bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom