• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If we bid high enough I think we'll get him. €50m should do the trick..

No way we're going that high though.

You cant send all the signs that you are backing the Manager with a Marquee signing with "unilimited funds" and not get someone. Obviously im not suggesting we pay 60m for fabregas, but I really do think its important if we have a chance of signing a big name midfielder that we fucking take it, even if we pay 5-10 over the odds.

If we end up with no-one and Moyes says in a presser "there was no value in the market" im going to go mental

Meier

Was all primed to watch the City friendly today and it turns out it's not available for streaming in the US since it's on TV on beIN Sport. Dammit.

As much as I'd loathe it, de Rossi would be a good signing for United especially if he can go on the cheap like the rumors suggest. Talk about a midfield general.

Jason Burt ‏@JBurtTelegraph 3m

Moyes priorities at #MUFC are 1 or 2 midfielders (creative one/ goalscoring one or one who does both) + Baines. Happy with forwards for now

Let's 'ave 'em then Moyes.

Surprised Garay wasn't mentioned.

Chipotle

Saw this on twitter
BPdea48CMAIwawv.jpg

Carbonox

WHAT!

I'm up to ep 10, It's such a great show. Dat Mads Mikkelsen acting.

It's sublime. I don't even second guess myself for loving and being gripped by what is ultimately a rather disturbing show. I think its content is potentially why Hannibal was ignored, though that doesn't excuse ignoring terrific acting and gorgeous production values.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Let's 'ave 'em then Moyes.

Surprised Garay wasn't mentioned.

One has to think Baines is literally a matter of fact transfer, pay x you get him anything below you dont. I worry how hardball Everton will play over that number, for some reason I can see it being quite large.

The others id just love to know we are close

kharma45

You cant send all the signs that you are backing the Manager with a Marquee signing with "unilimited funds" and not get someone. Obviously im not suggesting we pay 60m for fabregas, but I really do think its important if we have a chance of signing a big name midfielder that we fucking take it, even if we pay 5-10 over the odds.

If we end up with no-one and Moyes says in a presser "there was no value in the market" im going to go mental

Exactly. It should be a good window for us, I can't see us doing a 180 and not signing good players.

So we're asking 40M€ for Higuain.. that seems a bit too high. He's a world-class striker but 40M. Would Napoli spend that much money to replace Cavani?

Too much for a striker that did a less than stellar season. I guess since they couldn't get Cavanni they cant let go Higuain that easily.

3Sixty

Couldn't we abuse this method to check on other transfers? :lol Though I still wouldn't class what these bookies are saying as confirmation. Still, I bet some laughs could be had.

I'm certainly not taking it as confirmation. I'm sure they do it for all deals that look close.

Still.

Ever Banega | Welcome to Southampton | All Goals And Skillz |

K1LLER7

Going out, can't play with you guys.

Get us up a division! :D

Woodward won't be in Manchester for another couple of hours. More developments this weekend or by Monday. #IAMITK

United fans, do you think we will land Cesc, or is this just another muppet dream pulling at our heart strings. At least were being seriously linked for midfielders for the first time since 2007 lol.

I see the PR appeasement campaign is working. You'll take your Fellaini* and you'll like it.

* Not that he would be a bad signing, but it's only half a solution this side of Pogba still being with us.

As much as I'd loathe it, de Rossi would be a good signing for United especially if he can go on the cheap like the rumors suggest. Talk about a midfield general.

We'll ignore de Rossi and Gustavo like we ignored Vidal and Dembele. No value in the market.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FIFA agent Ernesto Bronzetti, who works closely with Real Madrid, doubts that Gonzalo Higuain will end up at Napoli.

Azzurri chief Aurelio De Laurentiis yesterday admitted that his club are in discussions for the Argentine international.

“New Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti will do everything possible to convince Higuain to remain,” Bronzetti told Radio ORC.

“Could he join Napoli? I don’t think that they will be able to sign him.”

tumblr_mlb46sPbD41s57nino1_500.gif

Kikarian

This is one thing I've wondered. When you go on a new thread do you read the whole thread or just a few posts on the last page?

I hardly ever read the whole thread.

This is one thing I've wondered. When you go on a new thread do you read the whole thread or just a few posts on the last page?

I hardly ever read the whole thread.

Normally half of the first page and half of the last page. If its a thread I'm properly interested in, I try and read more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom