• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Speaking of which

tumblr_mq3nlow4LH1r30r4xo2_250.gif

That assist got Ibra written all over it.

Bale to United is about as likely as Thiago to United.

Seriously though, why haven't we bought a striker yet?! WE'VE GOT FOUR WEEKS, I'M WORRIED ALREADY

Next season.

January - Falcao
July - Bale

How much have Madrid spent already this summer?

Carvajal €6.5 million
Casemiro (we don't know how much)
Isco €30 million
Illarramendi €32.2 million

Total around €70m

Clegg

Bid for Fabregas and Modric but get rejected.

Get Baines as intended and Fellaini as defensive midfield signing.

Moyes and Woody's masterplan revealed.

Kikarian

Bid for Fabregas and Modric but get rejected.

Get Baines as intended and Fellaini as defensive midfield signing.

Moyes and Woody's masterplan revealed.
Everton losing out on two players. It wouldn't happen.

We're not going to sign anyone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
United signed Robin van Persie in mid August. Keep your wrists intact.

Nnnnngh. Might not be a top 5 striker, but what an upgrade over Matri and Quags.

Yeah, Atalanta fans are fucking mental.

You're right.

He's in the top 3.

GQman2121

Banned
Licht really needs help

http://i.imgur.com/vCf4sIB.jpg[IMG]

What's wrong with his middle finger [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

Holy shit, that's like his thing now....hilarious.

This Xperia Z is a proper upgrade over my two year old HTC phone. It just looks and feels like quality.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale to United is about as likely as Thiago to United.

Seriously though, why haven't we bought a striker yet?! WE'VE GOT FOUR WEEKS, I'M WORRIED ALREADY

We were about to sign David Villa until Atletico came in, we are trying to sign players. As always it has to be for the right money, we are not going to steam in and pay £25m for Benteke.

They might have been cack last season but we do still have Defoe and Ade, we can wait a couple of weeks while we explore all our options. As long as our business is done before we play Palace I don't really care.

Timurid

We were about to sign David Villa until Atletico came in, we are trying to sign players. As always it has to be for the right money, we are not going to steam in and pay £25m for Benteke.

They might have been cack last season but we do still have Defoe and Ade, we can wait a couple of weeks while we explore all our options. As long as our business is done before we play Palace I don't really care.

Please my fantasy team would be beast then. :(

I personally don't want Benteke, I'd rather have someone with more experience.

Well if the rumours are to be believed, Ade won't be here for much longer. I'm not worried too much but I mean it'd be nice to have a first choice striker signed a few weeks before our first game so we have time for them to settle in and understand AVBs system. Get the ball to Bale.

Ushojax

I personally don't want Benteke, I'd rather have someone with more experience.

Well if the rumours are to be believed, Ade won't be here for much longer. I'm not worried too much but I mean it'd be nice to have a first choice striker signed a few weeks before our first game so we have time for them to settle in and understand AVBs system. Get the ball to Bale.

I don't particularly want Benteke either but really, we are running out of options. Negredo and Villa have gone, Higuain isn't moving, Damiao is shit, Osvaldo is mental. We basically have to chose between Benteke or Soldado now. Those are the only two strikers I can see us trying to buy and the latter will be very difficult to convince.

It seems like Besiktas are the only club in for Ade but they won't pay his wage. I expect both him and Defoe will still be here on September 1st. I just can't see us signing two strikers, there aren't enough players who are better than what we have (who we could realistically sign).

D_prOdigy

I think you're underrating Benteke, Usho. If Spurs can get him for around the £20m mark, they should go balls-deep.

I'm not sure he could have done much better last season.

Clegg

Wenger's quotes from yesterday basically say that he hasn't a clue what's happening with Febregas.

He'll be one of #MoyesBoys soon enough.

"Fabregas has decided to stay one more year at Barcelona," Wenger explained. "Unless he has changed his mind, I don't know... but that's what I've been told.

"We have the [first-option] clause in the contract so we would be on alert but at the moment that's not something we're after."

Carbonox

I still think Benteke needs another year at least before he can be classed as a 25m+ striker and capable of leading the front line for a top team. I'm not convinced despite his powerful performances last season. Definitely should be staying at Villa until next Summer.

Spurs should really go all-out for Soldado. He'd be a class signing.

Funny how these two players are pretty much the only decent strikers that can move now. :lol Utterly absurd how many have been moving.

Ushojax

I think you're underrating Benteke, Usho. If Spurs can get him for around the £20m mark, they should go balls-deep.

I'm not sure he could have done much better last season.

I think he's potentially very good but £20m would be our record signing, a massive amount of money for a club like us. To spend it all one someone with one season in the PL is a risk, the Bent fiasco still haunts me. I'm sure he'll fit in very well and score goals but I'm always wary of spending that kind of money on players who haven't proved themselves over a good few seasons.

Soldado is the one I want and I know we are interested, but it's a really tough deal to do. If we got him it would be a major coup.

Why don't Spurs GAF want Benteke? Cos he's just gonna pull the same stunt to try and leave in a couple of years?

Great player and would be perfect for Spurs IMO.

Ushojax

Why don't Spurs GAF want Benteke? Cos he's just gonna pull the same stunt to try and leave in a couple of years?

Great player and would be perfect for Spurs IMO.

I do think we should get him, of the options left he's the most attainable and he's a great young talent.

But he will be our record signing. I want to make sure we get the right player. Our last two record signings were embarrassing (Bent and Bentley). There is an ominous alliteration if we add Benteke to the list and we can't afford another flop.

Zabojnik

Listening to an italian football radio show. Milan fans don't seem quite as happy with Poli and Saponara's signings as MilanGAF. Galliani needs to bring in Honda, at the very least.

Dazzler

I thought this the other day that Liverpool should go in.

It's the level Liverpool should absolutely be shopping at and realistically it's our level now. Trying to catch guys who are about to make the breakthrough to star status because we aren't as attractive to established stars anymore

Timurid

Listening to an italian football radio show. Milan fans don't seem quite as happy with Poli and Saponara's signings as MilanGAF. Galliani needs to bring in Honda, at the very least.

I read that Eriksen agreed to a contract with Milan, but Milan won't make a bid for him until KPB leaves.

dc89

Just as the WiiU was getting a little boring whilst waiting for Pikmin 3 they go and release Earthbound and...

al_pacino_godfather_3_pull_me_back_in.gif

£6.99 SIX NINETY NINE?!

Just as the WiiU was getting a little boring whilst waiting for Pikmin 3 they go and release Earthbound and...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rvQmVDt2bo4/UFVXHtbp-SI/AAAAAAAAM6c/C-PJsydyTpc/s320/al_pacino_godfather_3_pull_me_back_in.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for recommending it, sincerely am. I feel fucking horrible. I hope your PS4 experience is better.

BarclaysLeague: Exclusive: Chelsea Look to Tempt Everton With £20m Plus Player Swap Offer for Marouane Fellaini: Chelsea set t...

From caught offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom