• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mqciajDwFN1r7jzw9o2_500.jpg

ibbefXZae8wuVJ.gif

rodvik

Villas-Boas was on SSN about 10 minutes ago. Said Soldado was one of the players we're looking at.

edit: apparently also said Danny Rose is part of his plans.

HkB74enl.jpg

D_prOdigy

Puyol the legend on Tito:

“The truth is that it was a very hard blow for us and unfortunately, we’ve suffered quite a few recently. This has been the toughest though. We didn’t expect anything like that. The team is really affected by this still and Tito is very much present for us. We want to send him our power. He explained the situation and transmitted his strength to us. We are with him all the way.”

:(

I don't wanna make a thing about this, but it does make me phlegm somewhat how whenever Barca talk about Tito's cancer, it's always how "it's such a blow for us" and how they're such fucking martyrs that they have to overcome it.

My favourite moments of last season were the German blitzkrieg destroying the Spanish Armada.

Oh, and Newcastle getting their arse rinsed, by Arsenal and Liverpool.

What a season, the cheery on top being United winning the title with games to spare.

Just beautiful.

Even as an ABU, Gareth Barry's own goal against Southampton was brilliant.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Villas-Boas was on SSN about 10 minutes ago. Said Soldado was one of the players we're looking at.

edit: apparently also said Danny Rose is part of his plans.

I thnk he'll just let Rose and BAE slug it out for the LB spot. I don't really see who we could buy who's better than either of them.

LegoArmo

Aye, if United get to the first day of the season, and the wingers are a choice between Young, Valencia and Zaha that will be a bit disastrous.

Nani left and Zaha right would be my first choice wingers if no signings are made in that area.

Valencia pretty much became worthless last season... It was like playing with 10 men.

Feorax

For my favourite moment of last season, I don't think anything beats Bale's OG against us at WHL. Of all the places Lennon could have kicked that ball.

dc89

@mcfc said:
BK:The manager's just landed in Hong Kong.He sends his apologies for not making the press conference. It's good to have him back #cityontour

Wtf. He has nothing to apologise for.

BK = Brian Kidd

Turok_TTZ

Suarez to bench Benzema will be fitting for you!!!!
how many times has arsenal disappointed? I'm impressed arsenal even has the fanbase that it has considering the constant disappointment both on the pitch and on the market. cant win even the carling cup, missing out on higuain, losing key players to rival teams... arsenal fans has my condolences.

LegoArmo

Yeah, that was the one good season I mentioned. But even then, sure Balotelli was on it in 2012 lol

Whenever he's had an extended run in the team, his goal/assist ratio is great, I just think he has some attitude problems and clashed with Ferguson (and also Rooney) a few times.

Either way, I'd much rather see his name on the team sheet released an hour before kick off, first game of the season, than Young or Valencia's.

kharma45

Whenever he's had an extended run in the team, his goal/assist ratio is great, I just think he has some attitude problems and clashed with Ferguson (and also Rooney) a few times.

Either way, I'd much rather see his name on the team sheet released an hour before kick off, first game of the season, than Young or Valencia's.

Clashes because he's a lazy sod of a prima donna who thinks he's a better player than he is. Who the fuck goes around punching youth players?

Nani doesn't have the intelligence nor the work ethic on the pitch to bother wasting more time with him. When he's good he's very good but that's so rare. If Monaco will give us a decent sum for him i am happy to get rid.

LegoArmo

Clashes because he's a lazy sod of a prima donna who thinks he's a better player than he is. Who the fuck goes around punching youth players?

Nani doesn't have the intelligence nor the work ethic on the pitch to bother wasting more time with him. When he's good he's very good but that's so rare. If Monaco will give us a decent sum for him i am happy to get rid.

Some players require a different style of man management, maybe one that Fergie wasn't willing to give, and he'd know more than us about the situation, so fair enough, I'd never doubt him, but even with all that, he was kept at the club, so he must have had some faith in him.

New manager, a clean slate, I'd say give him another season, especially with Valencia and Young shitting the bed.

Lightning

Banned
how many times has arsenal disappointed? I'm impressed arsenal even has the fanbase that it has considering the constant disappointment both on the pitch and on the market. cant win even the carling cup, missing out on higuain, losing key players to rival teams... arsenal fans has my condolences.
We were right to turn down Higuain for that money. Napoli are insane to pay that but their money.

If we signed Higuain for that money I would be most furious. He's not world class but is commanding a world class fee.

LegoArmo

Not even any point of selling when you'll only get 8-10m anyway, it's just a waste of a great talent.

If United gave up on players that the fans thought weren't good enough, they wouldn't have won the title last year with Jonny Evans and Michael Carrick playing huge parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom