• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im not gonna lie, we truly are not very good on this tour, it has been embarrasing,

I am really worried, really really worried

ie3DBbzFJh2Zs.gif

DBT85

Moyes: Morning Alex
Frog: Morning David
Moyes: I have to ask, how the fuck did you win the league so easily last year? Honestly?
Frog: No fucking clue David. Why do you think I quit?

LOL United.

Hopefully we'll get the chance to see Kingsley Boateng too.

Here are the "probable" lineups (they are usually correct because Allegri is as predictable as the rising sun):

Probable line-up vs. Juventus (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Antonini-Zapata-Mexes-Constant; Poli-De Jong-Nocerino; Boateng; Niang-Robinho.

Probable line-up vs. Sassuolo (4-3-1-2): Amelia; Antonini-Zaccardo-Bonera-Constant; Traoré-Cristante-Nocerino; Urby; Oduamadi-Petagna.

So no Kingsley. But we will get to enjoy the beautiful sight of Antonini, Zaccardo, Bonera, Nocerino, and Traore on the field at the same time. I don't think any such impressive array of talent has ever been assembled.

Seriously though I'm interested in seeing how Poli, Niang, Cristante, and Petagna do. I'm also secretly hoping Traore shows us something.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

He cant be at fault for the woeful finishing of Wellbeck, the rediculously bad set piece defence. The only thing he can be held accountable for is not bringing in a CM or any quality and even then its the boards dealing with it.

Im just staggered at how sterile we are in all areas of the pitch.

He cant be at fault for the woeful finishing of Wellbeck, the rediculously bad set piece defence. The only thing he can be held accountable for is not bringing in a CM or any quality and even then its the boards dealing with it.

Im just staggered at how sterile we are in all areas of the pitch.

I was just joking. I would be an idiot to seriously want Moyes out.

Mr Cola

I was just joking. I would be an idiot to seriously want Moyes out.

So was i, sack the fucker!

At this point a double sweep for Baines and Fellaini seems like a gift from the heavens, make it so Moyes, bring them home :(

Mr Cola

Even at this point id laugh if we lost the community shield to Wigan, would be pretty hilarious actually.

Tc91

Couldn't wish for a better result. Fabregas, skip this shit team and come back to Arsenal.

:lolol he doesn't want to be stuck on a sinking ship that classes finishing 4th every year as winning a trophy.

That's why he bailed in the first place.

Mr Cola

It's just preseason. Players will definitely improve when there is something to play for.

Well heres the key issue, several players who arent up to scratch have shown that, even with a fresh start under a new manager, they still arent up to scratch. We have very obvious flaws in our midfield and there appears to be no alternative to Fabregas, and that deal is going nowhere. So logic tells us we are going into a new season with a dodgy midfield and 4-5 journeyman players who arent stepping up. As for defence im not terribly worried, its pretty decent, but midfield and upfront we are going to rely on RVP rediculously and asking him to repeat his heroics last season is waaay too much.

Fergie

Banned
Chalk it up to pre-season, most of the players just started training recently.

But a midfield is definitely needed. Anderson should just take up his dream and go partake in eating contests.

Need to play Zaha, RVP, Janu and Kagawa together. When is Nani back? Or Valencia?

Clegg

If pre-season was ever an indication of proper season form then Arsenal would win the league most years. But we obviously know that's not the case.

Still need a good midfielder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom