• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Marca lol

It's getting absurd. I think Levy will have to make a club statement saying he's not for sale at any price like he did with Modric in 2011, because it's too much now. Distractions like this can ruin a pre-season, we need to draw a line under it.

Obviously when top players are in demand, any injury will be looked at quizzically (see Rooney, Bale, Gervinho, etc) but we can't have this go on all summer. I know Madrid are desperate after an embarrassing season and after Barca signed Neymar, but they need to behave themselves now. Much more of this and Levy will put another £15m on the price next summer. There is no possibility of them signing him now.

And onto more important matters

BP6pjzxCEAAPV3L.jpg

BP69XvnCAAAqn-x.jpg

(・∀・) United have just used the bullet train.

dc89

Well then thank fuck you do City's PR and aren't on our transfer commitie.

Need to step it up if you want to work with #basedtxixi.

He's probably cost you £40,000,001 in all the bad publicity. My PR Network inform me Liverpool had to triple the PR team to manage the work load.

Anderson

TBF Mr Henry has a point, we've sold 7 players with gervinho on his way too it seems and we putting all this money on a player with so much baggage and can't even play for the first 10 games!

This transfer window is just messing with me

Can't wait to see Barca reject your bid and increase the fee for Fabregas. Because you've yet to sign anybody you'll make a new bid!

Why do you gotta hate bro, that's just mean.

I kinda agree. Our midfield is already packed.

Ronnie
Özil
Isco
Di Maria

Modric

Alonso
Khedira
Illarra
Casemiro

We don't need Bale.

Yes, some sense. I genuinely think you've got to sell some before you make room for him.

But you'll probably end up buying him and bench Di Maria.

Suen

Someone interrupted my sleep 3 hours ago now I woke up sleepy, grumpy and with a sore throat.
But this is not how Pharaoh is supposed to wake up...

Why do you gotta hate bro, that's just mean.

Yes, some sense. I genuinely think you've got to sell some before you make room for him.

But you'll probably end up buying him and bench Di Maria.
Someone of Di Maria's quality doesn't deserve to be benched. Give him to Spurs if we get Bale or sell him for a good price.

GorillaJu

TBF Mr Henry has a point, we've sold 7 players with gervinho on his way too it seems and we putting all this money on a player with so much baggage and can't even play for the first 10 games!

This transfer window is just messing with me

Liverpool: "There's no release clause, and 40m will not tempt us to sell."

Wenger: "How about.... 40 million... And 1?"

But this is not how Pharaoh is supposed to wake up...

Someone of Di Maria's quality doesn't deserve to be benched. Give him to Spurs if we get Bale or sell him for a good price.

But you're with the team with Kaka on the bench, who even Panty forgot to mention.

I think there's very little interest in Di Maria's qualities when it comes to getting Bale.

Marca lol

It's getting absurd. I think Levy will have to make a club statement saying he's not for sale at any price like he did with Modric in 2011, because it's too much now. Distractions like this can ruin a pre-season, we need to draw a line under it.

Obviously when top players are in demand, any injury will be looked at quizzically (see Rooney, Bale, Gervinho, etc) but we can't have this go on all summer. I know Madrid are desperate after an embarrassing season and after Barca signed Neymar, but they need to behave themselves now. Much more of this and Levy will put another £15m on the price next summer. There is no possibility of them signing him now.

It's getting really boring tbh. I really couldn't give a fuck what Marca have to say about Bale.

Lightning

Banned
Who is Eduardo Salvio? I know he plays for Benfica but is he any good? Haven't seen enough of him to make an informed opinion on him.

Still can't see why Suarez would go to arsenal. Arsenal will spend £40m on him, they're neglecting that the rest of the team is not good enough to compete. They had rvp and still didn't challenge.

Liverpool have backed Suarez throughout his moments of madness and are (trying at least) building a young team that will hopefully improve.

Would be a strange one.

GorillaJu

Still can't see why Suarez would go to arsenal. Arsenal will spend £40m on him, they're neglecting that the rest of the team is not good enough to compete. They had rvp and still didn't challenge.

Liverpool have backed Suarez throughout his moments of madness and are (trying at least) building a young team that will hopefully improve.

Would be a strange one.

Agree entirely on this.

GorillaJu

Does anyone else think that Bayern somehow came out looking the good guys in the Thiago affair?

Barça fought tooth and nail to make United pay through the nose in protracted negotiations, every cent of tax, and then Bayern come in and offer a fee a few million over the release clause (probably about equal to what Utd would have paid), but despite getting a player for less than his true value, they aren't being demonized because they came in and did it quickly, without a fuss and drama. To Barça, they look like saviors despite taking advantage of a player's release clause.

Funny.

Does anyone else think that Bayern somehow came out looking the good guys in the Thiago affair?

Barça fought tooth and nail to make United pay through the nose in protracted negotiations, every cent of tax, and then Bayern come in and offer a fee a few million over the release clause (probably about equal to what Utd would have paid), but despite getting a player for less than his true value, they aren't being demonized because they came in and did it quickly, without a fuss and drama. To Barça, they look like saviors despite taking advantage of a player's release clause.

Funny.

If you read Barca's press release on their yearly financials this week, you can see exactly why they went for the deal. In that press release they basically spun it to their fans and investors saying they got much more than the release clause so it's a win.

rvy

Banned
Opinion on Salvio?

Good, but not €40 million good. Maybe €25 million good, because he's so young and has such a big upside. He just needs a non-shitty coach, really.

Better than Nasri.

I'd buy Gaitán over him, you don't need another winger, but you do need a playmaker.

Jack cw

Rummenigge and Rosell are buddies... Thiagos agent is Peps brother... There was only one team that Thiago would join from the begining.

GorillaJu

If you read Barca's press release on their yearly financials this week, you can see exactly why they went for the deal. In that press release they basically spun it to their fans and investors saying they got much more than the release clause so it's a win.

Yet wouldn't United have paid about that much in the end anyway? Either through VAT or just adding it on to streamline the payment of the fee?

Kind of unfair on United, but that just makes it funnier.

Lightning

Banned
Good, but not €40 million good. Maybe €25 million good, because he's so young and has such a big upside. He just needs a non-shitty coach, really.

Better than Nasri.

I'd buy Gaitán over him, you don't need another winger, but you do need a playmaker.
Gervinho is on his way out we do need another winger. I don't know if the rumours of Salvio are serious as we wouldn't bring in Bernard and Salvio but we will definitely be bringing a winger in when Gervinho completes his move to Roma.

Cazorla, Wilshere and Rosciky handle the playmaker role, not sure we will focus our attention there. We seem stacked there.

Kevin Gamerio to Sevilla for 7m. What a fucking bargin. Still very sore we weren't in for Gomez, what the fuck Wenger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom