• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremino

You lucky bastard. I was speaking to my parents the other day about ever moving away from England, and the only two places I genuinely feel like would be interesting enough and amazing enough to move to are Venice (italy in general really) and Japan.

I loved Venice. Absolutely loved it.

I was born In Treviso but I've always lived in a small town called Annone Veneto

Anyone have him kissing himself gif? :lol

Neymar-4.gif

:lol

Amazing

I feel bad for Spurs fans.

They won't be able to fully enjoy watching Bale this season. The rumours will be endless. Marca will have some bullshit cover every week. Madrid will keep talking about Bale. It sucks but that's how they do their shit.

a bit dc, but Monaco wants to bid 10 mil € for Rui Patricio, Sporting and national team's goalkeeper.

Sporting should take it, they need the money.

Scum

They won't be able to fully enjoy watching Bale this season. The rumours will be endless. Marca will have some bullshit cover every week. Madrid will keep talking about Bale. It sucks but that's how they do their shit.

:'(

jtb

Banned
I don't even get what goes through people's heads when they choose Skyrim as the best of anything. People shit on the good WRPGs for being buggy and broken and running like shit, and then they go and shower praise on Bethesda shitfests. I don't get it.

rodvik

What goes around....

MPW

at least we don't do this

Fabregas-Barcelona-shirt-006.jpg

article-1306418206146-0C47F49D00000578-881372_636x300.jpg

Salazar

Shutting down laptop. Gonna teach, go to a seminar, eat peanuts on the train, and arrive home to a hot dinner and positive transfer developments.

Dat Jesse

Dat intervention

Dat Cranston

One thing doesn;t make sense to me:
How can Walt have less of a problem with the implications of cooking meth than he does the pride hit of accepting Elliot's money?

panty

Time for bed. Lots of big pre-season matches tomorrow and hopefully some transfer news..
Shutting down laptop. Gonna teach, go to a seminar, eat peanuts on the train, and arrive home to a hot dinner and positive transfer developments.

Keep on dreaming.

:(

Answer in bold

I'm absolutely loving it, but that sounds like a bit of a copout to me, the kind of gap you have to bridge in a blockbuster film to excuse a character's actions because they don;t have time to explore the reason for the lack of alternatives. In a multi-episode programme with such an eye for detail, I expected them to give a relatable reason for it, a reason which would make the audience think 'yep, I can see why you'd go for that option'

I just can't imagine a situation where you'd honestly choose
to be a hard criminal instead of accepting the charity of an former friend.
I mean, its not a nice choice to have to make, but it seems an easy one to me and Walt has gone for the unreasonable one.

Unless of course some added depth reveals itself, probably with his past with
Gretchen,
in which case I take it back :p

Zabojnik

I'm absolutely loving it, but that sounds like a bit of a copout to me, the kind of gap you have to bridge in a blockbuster film to excuse a character's actions because they don;t have time to explore the reason for the lack of alternatives. In a multi-episode programme with such an eye for detail, I expected them to give a relatable reason for it, a reason which would make the audience think 'yep, I can see why you'd go for that option'

I mean, its not a nice choice to have to make, but it seems an easy one to me and Walt has gone for the unreasonable one.

Gretchen,

I don't know how 'realistic' it really is, but
I don't find it that hard to believe, in principle. As it becomes more and more clear as the series goes on, Walt only cares about himself and how people perceive him. Having everybody know you had to take money from someone, let alone your old friend and partner, the one that enjoys the life you were supposed to have? Forget about it. Cooking meth that'll be used by lowlife scumbags you've never met? If it serves the purpose ... sure, why not.

Time by Hans Zimmer is the best film song of all time

Closely followed by The Good, The Bad & The Ugly theme. And On Her Majesty's Secret Service. And the one from Sunshine

FootballFan

Online Seasons with Liverpool going well so far, I want to see how far I can get before losing a match.

34 wins 2 draws 0 losses atm. Div 5 right now I think.

YNWA

Gretchen,

BB is awesome, glad you're enjoying it. Try catch up before season 5b starts! 3 weeks away.

Online Seasons with Liverpool going well so far, I want to see how far I can get before losing a match.

34 wins 2 draws 0 losses atm. Div 5 right now I think.

YNWA

BB is awesome, glad you're enjoying it. Try catch up before season 5b starts! 3 weeks away.

Is SuperCoutz beasting?

I was a bit worried about BB, I'm not normally into the slower moving dramas, but its incredible television. Looking forward to seeing Jesse and Walt's relationship develop. Kind of hoping Walt doesn't lose his morality as the seasons go on, I don't want to dislike him

It has me introspecting a bit on TLoU. That game is possibly the best of all time for giving you believable characters who act consistently and have a relationship that develops realistically, but games have a huge distance to go to match TV in that department. Its why I prefer TV to film, I've never cared all that much for a character in a film because of the lack of screentime and sacrifices that brings

FootballFan

Is SuperCoutz beasting?

I was a bit worried about BB, I'm not normally into the slower moving dramas, but its incredible television. Looking forward to seeing Jesse and Walt's relationship develop. Kind of hoping Walt doesn't lose his morality as the seasons go on, I don't want to dislike him

Coutz scored winners a lot in the lower divisions, can't seem to handle the div 5. Suarez didn't do shit in the lower divisions but now he is scoring all my goals. Stevie G scores a 25m screamer nearly every game haha.

Assaidi/Sterling annoy me, I swap between them every game. Can't decide between the cunts.

I use 4-3-3(false 9). Sturridge - Suarez - Assaidi up front, then Coutz - Lucas - Gerrard mids. And 5 shit players at the back.

I look forward to more of your BB updates. :p It gets better...imo.

Coutz scored winners a lot in the lower divisions, can't seem to handle the div 5. Suarez didn't do shit in the lower divisions but now he is scoring all my goals. Stevie G scores a 25m screamer nearly every game haha.

Assaidi/Sterling annoy me, I swap between them every game. Can't decide between the cunts.

I use 4-3-3(false 9). Sturridge - Suarez - Assaidi up front, then Coutz - Lucas - Gerrard mids. And 5 shit players at the back.

I look forward to more of your BB updates. :p It gets better...imo.

If that's an omen I'm gonna smash your PS3 up :p

MGS2 theme...so damn good

BB:
Loved the bit with Jesse's parents, really good script-writing and direction to show in so few scenes how Jesse is the way he is as a reaction to the overbearing parents. His brother's a little cunt though

FootballFan

If that's an omen I'm gonna smash your PS3 up :p

MGS2 theme...so damn good

BB:
Loved the bit with Jesse's parents, really good script-writing and direction to show in so few scenes how Jesse is the way he is as a reaction to the overbearing parents. His brother's a little cunt though

I always believed in Coutz.

MGS2.....so damn good

Seems it's just us 2 here. Dominating this page.

I always believed in Coutz.

MGS2.....so damn good

Seems it's just us 2 here. Dominating this page.

Ha that;s what I was thinking

HEY KOKO

Dat Deus Ex:HR theme. Fucking Square, shove your mobile games up your arse

Ah, Snake Eater. What a wonderfully silly little pastiche, makes me happy every time I think of it

enishi

Some info for those care about the EPL Asia Trophy tonight.

It has been raining heavily since early morning. From experience, Hong Kong Stadium is likely to be a muddy ground tonight.

SCAA was the champion of Hong Kong Division 1 last season. But they have several key players moved out, City should have a comfortable match tonight (despite the poor ground condition).

Still, I am looking forward to looooooolCity

Hey enishi, who do you support in European football?

@FF, are Liverpool playing a proper Melbourne Victory later, or will it be their outcasts?

Are Splinter Cells 1-DA and the Hitmans the only stealth games where you feel like a proper agent, sneaking in and getting the job done without anyone realising you were ever there? Even if you play the MGS games that way, you have boss battles and turret sequences, and enforced action parts. But Chaos Theory makes you feel like a badass ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom