• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

@FF, are Liverpool playing a proper Melbourne Victory later, or will it be their outcasts?

Have the line ups been released?

Rojas was their best player and A League player of the season, aka The Kiwi Messi, but he is at Stuttgart now.

Are Archie Thompson, Leijer etc in the team?

Remember A League starts halfway through October so it's not even pre-season time yet I guess..

The team that bought nobody and couldn't even beat a J-League team :'(

Starting thunderstorm, what a good day it is...

Ugh

Have the line ups been released?

Rojas was their best player and A League player of the season, aka The Kiwi Messi, but he is at Stuttgart now.

Are Archie Thompson, Leijer etc in the team?

Remember A League starts halfway through October so it's not even pre-season time yet I guess..

Don;t know the lineups yet, hope its a good match. Would rather win a hard fought match 2-0 than batter their youth team 8-0

Messi

Any of the regular tv watching people here?

How have the current seasons of Luther and Suits been? Please no spoilers, just wanna know if they have been good/up to par.

Also how is Hell on Wheels. I know its an AMC show but I am unsure of its quality.

FootballFan

Ugh

Don;t know the lineups yet, hope its a good match. Would rather win a hard fought match 2-0 than batter their youth team 8-0

Yeah losing in preseason against real teams >>> smashing random all stars 9 - 0.

Preparing myself for the Bayern match in 12 hours. :(

Here are the pre-game excuses if anyone is interested:

- Bayern have had like 6 preseason matches and have been with their new GOAT coach for over a month.
- Bayern are a great team coming from a treble season.
- We are missing all the Cofed Cup players (Neymar, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Alba, Pique etc).
- This is our first preseason match.
- We just got a new coach 24 hours before the match.
- It's preseason, nobody cares.

Hahah fuck Pep better go easy on us.

Messi

Yeah losing in preseason against real teams >>> smashing random all stars 9 - 0.

Preparing myself for the Bayern match in 12 hours. :(

Here are the pre-game excuses if anyone is interested:

- Bayern have had like 6 preseason matches and have been with their new GOAT coach for over a month.
- Bayern are a great team coming from a treble season.
- We are missing all the Cofed Cup players (Neymar, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Alba, Pique etc).
- This is our first preseason match.
- We just got a new coach 24 hours before the match.
- It's preseason, nobody cares.

Hahah fuck Pep better go easy on us.

I hope BayernGAF go easy on us.

I haven't seen my boy Regulus for a while :(

edit: Or at least not in these threads.

He's probably just busy with his anime. I found his twitter by accident by searching for Evo on twitter and one of his friends keeps linking anime girls showing their tits.

@FF, are Liverpool playing a proper Melbourne Victory later, or will it be their outcasts?
It is 90% their reserves, Victory's best players are with Australia at the useless East Asian Cup. Apparently they have 7-8 players under 21 playing, pretty useless really except for being a good money maker.

BP6GkL_CIAMV452.jpg:large

FootballFan

@Messi, BayernGAF are pretty nice to us. Our teams/fans don't really hate each other. ManUtd, Madrid, Inter etc would have it worse.

It is 90% their reserves, Victory's best players are with Australia at the useless East Asian Cup. Apparently they have 7-8 players under 21 playing, pretty useless really except for being a good money maker.

There's your answer Hitch. :p

Messi

OOOH, Barca tickets for the season are out. Time to mark out which games I am going to go see.

Maybe i'll go to the supercup again and see Villa play for Atletico. Plus Neeeeygod, also might be the last time I get to see Messi before he goes to prison for 7 years.

Suen

OOOH, Barca tickets for the season are out. Time to mark out which games I am going to go see.

Maybe i'll go to the supercup again and see Villa play for Atletico. Plus Neeeeygod, also might be the last time I get to see Messi before he goes to prison for 7 years.
It's very likely that the man who tries to sentence Messi to prison will be the one to be sentenced himself. Only CR7 can do it.

Messi

It's very likely that the man who tries to sentence Messi to prison will be the one to be sentenced himself. Only CR7 can do it.

We can only trust one man to do the right thing.

2011-06-05xavi02.jpg

A man with so much swag, the FIFA fair play winner for the past 2 years in a row. Nobody does fair play and maturity like him. He is the only option. If Messi must be judged then let it be by his peers.

FootballFan

Omfg hitcher. Winning 4-0 in 30th min and get signed out of psn.

Still haven't checked if it counted as a loss but if it did then fuuuiuuuuuuuck.

36 wins 2 draws and 1 loss...fuck

Edit
Yessssss didn't count the game at all. Fkin psn cunt.

This week's rumours courtesy of manutd.com

Arriving
Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Gareth Bale (Tottenham)
Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona)

Leaving
Frederic Veseli (Ipswich)
Nani (Monaco, Anzhi, Inter Milan)
Shinji Kagawa (Bor. Dortmund)

dc89

am I dc'ing with this?

An 11-year-old football fan has been left with a broken wrist after being hit by a wayward free kick from superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.

Charlie Silverwood was left doubled-over in agony after the 35-yard rocket broke his wrist in two places.

But he was so determined not to miss the rest of his team Bournemouth's friendly against Real Madrid on Sunday that he stayed for the remaining 84 minutes.

After the match he went to hospital, where X-rays revealed his double fracture.

But it wasn't all bad news - Charlie bagged a signed Real Madrid shirt
"It's one of the most spectacular ways you can get your arm broken," he said.

"I'd have to say I'd prefer doing it this way then just falling out of a tree like my dad did it.

"You wouldn't expect this to happen to anybody. If I hadn't put my left hand up, took the brunt of the force on my palm, I'd have ended up with no front teeth."

His father Lee, who is also a Bournemouth fan, said: "One minute we were watching Ronaldo stand over the ball and the next it was flying towards Charlie."

The youngster was left doubled-over in agony after being hit
Ronaldo, 28, scored twice as the Spanish giants hammered the Championship side 6-0.

Real Madrid sent a signed shirt to Charlie via Bournemouth legend Steve Fletcher, to cheer him up.

He also got a ball signed by the Bournemouth team.

cegrab-20130724-040938-0-2-522x293.jpg

http://news.sky.com/story/1119623/ronaldo-free-kick-breaks-11-year-olds-wrist

Messi would never do anything like that.

Messi

am I dc'ing with this?

Messi's free kicks go into the back of the net though...

I am just joking, ronaldo is great at frees also, this is a nice gesture from him and the club. Just like when he kicked the ball into the stands and broke a fans nose. He gave him his shirt also.

Is there anyone more visually inconsistent as Alia Shawkat? Sometimes she looks stunning and other times she looks really rough, and not the good kind.

FootballFan

I hope Ronaldo's freekick breaks Valdes' arm.

nah jk

I don't wish injuries on players, but imagine if it did?

You're fine, Andres asked for terrorists to kidnap valdes lol.

But for your scenario to happen ronaldo will need to hit the ball over our wall and not into the stands. Which he's done like once against barca :p

pulga

Banned
am I dc'ing with this?

What a fucking classy guy, shame people hate him so for something so frivolous as his physical appearance and slight bouts of immaturity. Imagine if he were an actual criminal.

#RealGentlemen

Morata/Benz
CR7-Özil-Bale
--Isco-Illarra--
Marcelo-Ramos-Varane-Carvajal

I'm okay with that.

lol

Panty why do you like giving me so much wood

Messi

What a fucking classy guy, shame people hate him so for something so frivolous as his physical appearance and slight bouts of immaturity. Imagine if he were an actual criminal.

#RealGentlemen

Panty why do you like giving me so much wood

I really like Ronaldo

Truefact

LTWheels

I had a dream last night that after Liverpool turned down Arsenal's bid, Suarez went AWOL and no one could find him. This ended up in a world wide manhunt. Then my dream went funny and for some reason I had to pretend to be this woman's husband and I remember sleeping on a bench of a train station in India. I think I was still searching for Suarez at that point; not too sure.

Messi

I had a dream last night that after Liverpool turned down Arsenal's bid, Suarez went AWOL and no one could find him. This ended up in a world wide manhunt. Then my dream went funny and for some reason I had to pretend to be this woman's husband and I remember sleeping on a bench of a train station in India. I think I was still searching for Suarez at that point; not too sure.

Nathan-Fillion-Loss-For-Words-Reaction-Gif.gif

Meier

Went into the second game of the Europa semi against Porto with my Sheffield United team with the score 1-1 and the game at home. My AMR gets injured and has to come out in the 9th minute. About 10 mins later, my AML is sent off in the 22nd minute after being booked for a dive in the box after getting a yellow for a bad tackle literally 1 minute earlier. Porto get a very questionable penalty in the 30th and convert so they're up 1-2 on aggregate.

Completely change up my tactics and go with a 4-1-1-1(AMC)-2 formation and change my style to attack. In the 60th minute off a FK just inside the halfway line, one of their CBs gets an OG when defending the looping FK sent into the box.

Make it to ET and switch to Counter for my style. We claw our way to penalties and I win 4-3 in the shoot out. What a fucking game... now onto the finals versus Madrid who beat Lille 2-2 on aggregate. I am going to get my shit pushed in.

Meier

Now I am into the final month of the season and my AMR is out for 3 months with a torn hammy.

6 games in 15 days. Are you fucking kidding me. :| That means 9 in the final 25 days of the season.. brutal.

qindarka

Banned
Now I am into the final month of the season and my AMR is out for 3 months with a torn hammy.

6 games in 15 days. Are you fucking kidding me. :| That means 9 in the final 25 days of the season.. brutal.

I once got so many injuries in the tail end of the season that I could only have 3 out of 7 substitutes in a CL semi final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom