• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PEPE NOOOOOOOO!!!

Why does it feel so painful?

Because you still remember this

pepe_reina_golden_glove.jpg

Clegg

Nope. Not doing it. I have nothing but disdain for the uppity anti-muppet attitude.

Transfer season is fun and it's silly and it comes around only twice a year. Let's all enjoy the ride and not take it too seriously.

I'm not anti-muppet either.

But I think we reached a boiling point after the first Fabregas bid and we've been kind of limping along since then.

Time to recharge the batteries.

I'm not anti-muppet either.

But I think we reached a boiling point after the first Fabregas bid and we've been kind of limping along since then.

Time to recharge the batteries.

I'll be recharging my batteries on a new £35+ million bid. We must press and press until he is a Moyes Boy.

Feorax

Gerrard is the only one left from our old guard now, feels weird in a way

It's needed to be done for a little while. I think next season, as great as Gerrard still is, there is definitely a case to be made for him taking a back seat in a good chunk of games so we can get some legs and pace back into our midfield.

spidye

I don't know which team to support in Serie A this year. I mean it was fiorentina when batistuta played there, it was juventus when zidane played there and forgive me yurt and zab it was even inter when ronaldo played there.

this year it's a tie between napoli, juve and fiorentina

MPW

I don't know which team to support in Serie A this year. I mean it was fiorentina when batistuta played there, it was juventus when zidane played there and forgive me yurt and zab it was even inter when ronaldo played there.

napoli

Can't see Bale coming to madrid now

think all this talk is to get an agreement in place for next summer to make the transfer happen

bale in, cr7 out (doubt he signs an extension)

You don't even need Bale. At best it would be another marketing maneuver by Perez. Isco was the best transfer of the season, and you would do well to buy a striker. I reckon that a fast striker would ve great. I can see Benzema playing as a deep laying striker but you need another option.

Next season Bale to madrid might make more sense.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Must have been torture for you. We fucking raped them.

lacrime_ronaldo.jpg

Legit rape. Everyone won a league title except for them.

I wouldn't. I'd put it towards the new stadium.

While the annual added revenue could open options, I think it's more important to secure CL and who knows even win the PL, because that brings in funds and the possibility of attracting better players. But the new stadium is also a priority, I agree.

While the annual added revenue could open options, I think it's more important to secure CL and who knows even win the PL, because that brings in funds and the possibility of attracting better players. But the new stadium is also a priority, I agree.

That price isn't enough to make it worth investing in a new stadium anyway.

They would have to buy a replacement of some sort, I don't know who but let's say they spent £20m of it on getting a new winger, which is the absolute least they would have to spend.

£60m left over won't go a long way in the stadium rebuild at all...

I agree with you, I think they should refuse to sell at any price this year. The money will come next year. This year they could get into the CL.

So, we've heard nothing new since "We'll talk to Ilkay about a new contract in pre-season.".

He won't sign a new one, will he? Well, at least we got Sahin back...

spidye

yeah napoli made some interesting signings.
Must have been torture for you. We fucking raped them.

lacrime_ronaldo.jpg

Legit rape. Everyone won a league title except for them.
I didn't care for that as a kid. my only wish was to watch Ronaldo playing football. :lol
Gomez, dude. Gomez.

yeah that's why I put fiorentina again on my watch. he is the only reason to be honest.
I will cheer for him anyways.

Fergie

Banned
So I spoke with my cousin and it turns out that my grandad has cancer and is basically on his deathbed. He's too weak to operate on and tumours have spread to many vital organs.

Bit surreal this. Never had a major family member get to this level so I dunno how to process it really.

Sorry to hear mate. :(

If you're Spurs how can you turn down £80m? That is filthy money.

Spurs have CL aspirations, so they require all the best they can get. They should splurge in Soldado tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom