• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
zKIz7f2.jpg

Banned Paper interns are having great fun.

God this thread has moved fast since last night.

Anyway, Paletta's agent has trolled Leonardi right back:

The centre-back has been paired with the Diavolo, but Parma director general Pietro Leonardi recently insisted that it would take €35m to sign him.

“That’s crazy,” added the agent. “That price is outside the parameters of the current market and I’ll speak with Leonardi about that next week when I arrive in Italy.

“It is not up to me to set transfer fees, but €35m is certainly too high. If the club really value him that highly then his salary needs to be increased in proportion to his market value.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If you're Spurs how can you turn down £80m? That is filthy money.

Because we won't get into the CL without him. It's not about money. If we sell him we sell 20+ goals a season. We go from building on last season to rebuilding the entire attack. Not everybody has Arteta pen to fall back on when they sell all their good players.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol our defending

Rose you were dogshit today, son. Much inprovement required.

Carbonox

So I spoke with my cousin and it turns out that my grandad has cancer and is basically on his deathbed. He's too weak to operate on and tumours have spread to many vital organs.

Bit surreal this. Never had a major family member get to this level so I dunno how to process it really.

Manager

No Jovetic, Navas. Kidd said none new would play but Negredo is there.

Richards, Negredo, Sinclair, Kolarov, Garcia, Aguero, Rodwell, Pantilimon, Nastasic, Suarez, Boyata, Nimely, Huws, Razak

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
faint-o.gif

Juventus could start negotiations with Lazio for Lulic by offering Quagliarella
faint-o.gif

I like Higuain but that is very true. pls.
You like him because he did fuck all against Barca. :p
Cavani has carried Napoli to being a top team, both in CL and in Italy. He has hat tricks vs Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio. 108 goals in like 140 games, that is just insane.
Now now, it was on Delneri's Juve.

3TPWIru.jpg

Mastadon

Banned
So I spoke with my cousin and it turns out that my grandad has cancer and is basically on his deathbed. He's too weak to operate on and tumours have spread to many vital organs.

Bit surreal this. Never had a major family member get to this level so I dunno how to process it really.

Sorry to hear that Carb :(

If you're Spurs how can you turn down £80m? That is filthy money.

I wouldn't. Spurs might be on the verge of something, selling your once in a decade star is poor business at this point. Who would you buy with the 80 you received? The market is crazy.

jesalr

I learned to stop giving a shit about friendlies, especially considering that was mostly a second team squad there (probably only 2/3 prospective starters) and that pitch was absolute dogshit.

Feorax

Sorry to hear that mate. Cancer sucks...

The Suarez issue is a strange one. By all accounts, didn't look like he gave 2 shits about being there today, but apparently wasn't even going to play until he persuaded Rodgers to let him do so.

It's been reported there will be talks held tonight before the team fly to Indonesia. We should (hopefully) have an update in the next few hours.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Sorry to hear that Carbo. <3

MPW

Can't see Bale coming to madrid now

think all this talk is to get an agreement in place for next summer to make the transfer happen

bale in, cr7 out (doubt he signs an extension)

FootballFan

Sorry to hear that Carbo, hope you're alright.

faint-o.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3582730/faint-o.gif[IMG]

You like him because he did fuck all against Barca. :p

Now now, it was on [U]Delneri[/U]'s Juve.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3TPWIru.jpg[MG][/QUOTE]

Hey man he's scored like twice against us :P Nah he just didn't seem like a cunt like the rest of their team(excluding Varane, Iker and the new guys).

Delneri's Juve is still a Juve!

Also, I finished Curb the other week, now I know where all those gifs are from. So hilarious.

[quote="Omi, post: 72526641"]Thought Victory put on a good display for the A-League, more so when you consider that was pretty much a 'youth' team.[/QUOTE]

People judge the A League by the yearly blooper compilations but it really isn't that bad. Of course it isn't as good as any of the bigger European leagues but it isn't as shit as those vids make it either.

Hixx

We are going to win the league.

Friedel's save was craaaazy.

edit: sorry just seen. That's horrible, Carb. I know this will sound strange but being told that the cancer has gotten to the point where it's terminal is the worst. When my nan died of it I was still cut up when we got the news that she'd passed but nowhere near as bad as when she was diagnosed... you get time to accept it. It's a horrible time though, condolences.

Omikron

They have the best coach in Australia in Postecoglou, Victory will be very good this season.

Yeah no doubt, last season it wasn't super evident other than his clear out of the squad, big improvement already.

People judge the A League by the yearly blooper compilations but it really isn't that bad. Of course it isn't as good as any of the bigger European leagues but it isn't as shit as those vids make it either.

Yeah, I agree, I probably watch more a-league than anything else these days and enjoy it a lot. Looking forward to Friday night games being on FTA this season.

Clegg

United bros, for the next week ignore all transfer speculation. Let it wash off you like you do the howls of indignation from lesser, petty clubs.

But go mental if we haven't signed anyone by the first week of August.

Arnie

The winning run continues.

Wouldn't be much of an accomplishment if it wasn't for David Moyes' very existence.

Sorry to hear about your grandad Carbo.

Sorry to hear that Carbo :(

United bros, for the next week ignore all transfer speculation. Let it wash off you like you do the howls of indignation from lesser, petty clubs.

But go mental if we haven't signed anyone by the first week of August.

Nope. Not doing it. I have nothing but disdain for the uppity anti-muppet attitude.

Transfer season is fun and it's silly and it comes around only twice a year. Let's all enjoy the ride and not take it too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom